Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • How much did you fancy your other half before you started going out?
  • brooess
    Free Member

Was it ‘eyes met in a crowded room’ and you knew there and then that shagging would ensue, or did it take some time whilst you got to know each other, or after a few fumbles in the dark?

My parents, quite sweetly considering it’s their golden wedding this year and are in their mid-seventies, clearly decided from the first time they saw each other, and still do. I guess I should be glad about that 🙂

Obviously keep it clean!

jota180
    Free Member

I met my wife (after being introduced by a mutual friend) around 2pm on June 2nd 1983
    We’ve been together since that day 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

I was in a band and she was the singer’s GF. We were good friends for two years before she let me know what she wanted. She got no argument from me…so yeah, two years, though I had to bury it as the singer was kind of an okay guy.

That was 22 years ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    marky29er
    Free Member

She had the biggest boobs on POF in my age range an local area, so yes I did.
    I now know I shouldnt base boob size on suitability of a partner 🙁

z1ppy

Didn’t think I had a chance as she was(is) stunning, and as a company nurse subject to loads of (unwanted) attention, but thought after a couple of months “what have I got to lose asking”… 10 years ago

Houns

The moment I first saw Miss Houns I fell in love. I can remember it so well. I knew then that we were meant to be together.
    It was at work, she walked in on an evening shift, her first after a few months off sick. Soon as she walked through the door our eyes met and my heart fluttered. She came and sat near me (I was sat next to a friend of hers) and we hit it off straight away.

It took some time (she was seeing someone) but when the time was right we started dating. 2 days time will be a year to the day since our first date. She still makes my heart flutter now every time I see her

teasel
    Free Member

‘kin hell, Houns. I started reading that thinking you were taking the piss out of romance but you’re serious, aintcha…

😉

ton

met my wife 33yrs ago. we courted on and off for 5 yrs, then got serious and been married 25yrs now.

Houns

Yup, being serious for once on here.

As always you meet the one when you least expect it. I even posted a thread on here just before asking if anyone had given up on finding love!

It is challenging at times, we’ve had a ropey last month or so and her circumstances aren’t ideal but I don’t want anyone else, she is the best

Drac

I was very very drunk so I have no idea.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I noticed her arse first, as i arrived on a friends driveway off skiing in Tignes.
    Then she turned round and I fell in love – A pout like Betty Blue,but as it turned out, even madder!
    21 years later we’re somehow still together.

Bregante

[soft arse / slightly pissed mode] I have still absolutely no idea how I ended up married to such a beautiful woman. We met at work and I hadn’t even got the slightest thing incling that she fancied me. She made the first move on a works do and swept me off my feet.[/soft arse/ slightly pissed mode]

singlespeedstu

Houns.
    No offence but i thought you were kind of batting for the other side.*
    *Not that there’s owt wrong with that and you’re almost hot enough to turn anyone. 😛

jamj1974

The moment I laid eyes on her.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We were friends before, both seeing other folks… I split with my Ex first then MrsB followed not long after.

We were in a huge group of friends at the time so we’d meet occasionally, then I just asked her out.

Simple really.

lunge

I was very very drunk so I have no idea.

That sounds very familiar, we met in a club, both slaughtered. We had to meet outside a bar on out first date as neither of us could remember what the other looked like. Seeing her sober, it’s clear I was, and still am, punching way above my weight.

Houns

Well I gave up waiting for you to leave your sham marriage but you didn’t have the balls 😥

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Got introduced to my other half via some friends, hit it off straight away and have been inseperable ever since really. Will be 14 years together this year and first mini-her on the way due to arrive in April 🙂

Drac

That sounds very familiar, we met in a club, both slaughtered. We had to meet outside a bar on out first date as neither of us could remember what the other looked like.

I bumped into my Mrs at work on the Monday morning. It’ll be 2o years this Easter since we met,

Trekster

suburbanreuben – Member
    I noticed her arse first, as i arrived on a friends driveway off skiing in Tignes.
    Then she turned round and I fell in love – A pout like Betty Blue,but as it turned out, even madder!
    21 years later we’re somehow still together.

Similar but at the local dance spot, we were 15. My mate was in her class at school, I’d left and gone to college on a pre-apprentice course. Had never noticed her before at school but she walked past us, I made a comment to mate, he says she “fancies” you!! Met the next week em and been together 45yrs, married for 40 in June 😐

chewkw
    Free Member

I like her instantly because we clicked …

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

All I remember was a she walked into the local in a pair of the tight jeans and had legs longer than me. I was hooked.

rocketman
    Free Member

The furture mrs rocket stood out from her friends in the nightclub because she was the only one whose name didn’t begin with D
    Debbie
    Donna
    Dawn
    Denise
    Danielle
    (I can picture them now)
    And also the only one who wasn’t completely rat arsed

Drac

Computer dating?

dknwhy

I was locked out of my hotel room in my undies (self closing fire doors and room service tray left outside the room). Got in the lift to get a spare key card from reception.
    Lift opens between floors and she got in with her mates.
    Lots of stifled giggling as I held in my beer gut.

Thought the embarrassment was over until she sat next to me in the work conference and opened conversation with, “nice to see you put some clothes on…”

singlespeedstu

houns darling.
    We’re not married. 😉

Duane…
    Free Member

Tinder.

chewkw
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Computer dating? [/quote]

Nahh … my computer was lousy Pentium at that time so no.

😀

MoreCashThanDash

First saw MrsMC at the briefing for a charity walk up Ben Nevis in 1995. There was this really annoying loud woman sat behind me and my mate.

Couple of weekends later my mate and I got chatting to the two women sat in front of us on the bus on the way up to Fort William. Sat with them for dinner, walked up the Ben with them, had a few drinks at the bar that night.

Spent the 13 hour journey back sat next to the cuter one, just chatting, discussing future plans in life, dream holidays. Arranged to meet up for a film and pizza that week. Kind of clicked that day.

A month later I got a good career move and moved 180 miles away from her. She spent a year commuting up and down the A1/A14/M11/M25/M23 at weekends to see me.

Then she went one better and spent a year on the edge of Siberia. I didn’t commute at weekends, to my eternal shame.

When she came back to the UK, we finally got together and got married in 2002. Our honeymoon was one of the dream holidays we’d talked out on the bus journey back from Ben Nevis.

Took a few years of marriage before I made the connection between my darling wife and the annoying loud woman at that first briefing 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Not a lot really, she was going out with a mate of my housemate. Sort of knew her as someone who hung out with us at the pub or whatever. She had a bit of a rep as a ice queen, so TBH I was a bit wary of her.

But then she came to a party that we threw, and she came and helped in the kitchen, and I found out she was was funny and clever and interesting, and snogged me when she was pissed.

I fell hard.

CHB

Met my wife at a Leeds Uni Xmas ball. We were both very drunk and met on the dance floor. We danced not stop for 2-3 hours together, probably sobering up a little in the process.
    Its our 19th wedding anniversary this week.
    She is still hot whether I am sober or inebriated.

Moses

Quite a bit.
    We were a one-night stand that went hideously wrong, so 40 years later we’re still together.
    The Dug-Out has a lot to answer for, as well as sticky carpets & Massive Attack.

fasthaggis

I saw her across a crowded bar and it all went a bit Etta James

At last
    My love has come along
    My lonely days are over
    And life is like a song

Holiday romance – This will never last

400 miles apart – This will never work

and yet,all these years later,here we are – and life is still like a song.

mrchrispy

Met mrschrispy when she answered the door to the house of a girl I was planning on sharking. She came to the pub with us and I spent the night talking to her, decided there and then I’d marry her…..she took a bit of convincing but we seem to be holding you together 20 years later.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I knew within a second of seeing my now wife that I was going to marry her. We had a cup of tea together, I went to hers to cook a meal and never went home. I had proposed within the first few weeks and we married shortly after.

She is the best thing in my life.

Congrats to your parents OP, I hope you have big celebrations planned.

miketually
    Free Member

We got together almost 24 years ago, aged 13, after her cousin kicked me in the shins until I asked her out. (The day after I first rode a MTB too.)

carlosg
    Free Member

May 1987 ,
    I was working in a factory making lenses for glasses and she walked through the door for an interview. Being a horny 17 year old my first thought was ‘phwoar nice boobies’ , she got the job and we ended being really good mates. For nearly 18 months I fancied the pants off her but she had a boyfriend and I had a couple of relationships.Every thursday when we got paid we went out on the lash and got absolutely wrecked shook hands at the end of the night and went our seperate ways.

I left the job and we lost touch for about 6 months then bumped into each other,she asked if I wanted to go to an Iron Maiden concert with Her/boyfriend/mates and we ended up getting seats together about 5 rows away from her bf and his mates 😀 .

A month later I phoned her on my way home from clearing a warehouse my company had taken over to ask if they were out that night,halfway through the evening her boyfriend went home as they ran out of his favourite beer,we ended up all over each other neither of us knows who made the first move but we’re both glad we did. 26 years together this year,married for 12 of them , 2 young sons(4 and 10) and still madly in love with each other.

She’s my best mate and understands/tolerates me more than anyone else ever could. I love her to bits!!

Trekster

On the night I spotted the future MrsT I had just become the dance hall “hero” rescuing a damsel in distress. The place was packed, a live band was playing, we were all swaying etc. in front of me was the college “honey”. She fainted at my feet, I automatically picked her up, carried her up a narrow flight of stairs(only exit)to the front door where she came to, picked herself up and went back down stairs!! I was sat on another stairway, recovering, when The future MrsT walked by.
    The college “honey” never even acknowledged me, ever!!

She’s my best mate and understands/tolerates me more than anyone else ever could. I love her to bits!!

Things like today’s “senior moment”
    I came in from my morning ride, sorted my washing, stuck it into the machine only to be asked “have you taken my undies out before you stuffed your stuff in” 😳

Sandwich

Met her the first week at Uni in 1982. We spent many a long night talking rubbish and hanging out in halls attending lectures on little or no sleep. We got engaged when I went to Ulster to meet the family in summer 1983. Passing a jewellery shop in Portadown on the way back to her brothers we popped in to look at some rings and bought one on a whim.
    Having flunked the first year(see bit about talking rubbish overnight) and gone out to work I commuted to Salford every weekend of the 1983 autumn & winter terms, spending all my pitiful wages on railfares or petrol and 2 stroke oil. Then she had a 4 month placement in France and I got a job paying decent money (it was a cheap holiday that year) and we married in 1985 after she graduated.
    Mrs Sandwich decided I was the one for her that first week and I went along for the craic. As a strategy it seems to have paid off. It continues to be fun to be around her, I try not to let on that she’s the centre of my universe. My first serious girlfriend, well worth the 19 years wait.

SaxonRider

I met mine in high school. It was 1987. She was easily the prettiest in the class, but it took me a year and a half to realise that I wanted to date her. In the meantime, she had started dating a friend of mine. When I finally came to my senses, I had to face him… a bit like Scott Pilgrim. Fortunately, I won, and we are still together 25-ish years later.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘How much did you fancy your other half before you started going out?’ is closed to new replies.