Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • How much annual leave do you get?
  • BoardinBob

29 days + bank holidays

scaled
    Free Member

29 + BH, plus i’m carrying over 7.5 form this year as I didn’t get round to taking them due to project commitments, much like the 4 that I carried over form last year.

Frankly, I can’t see next year being any quieter than this so i’ll be carrying 10+ over at this rate. Wish I could sell them tbh.

Work are pretty flexible and I WFH a lot so tend not to take time off for little things that i want to do.

northernerindevon

Offshore hydrographic surveyor; I know I know, you asked for office based engineers but I thought I’d throw it in anyway!

180 days a year off. Usually, but given the downturn I’ve worked 158 days this year so far. So, lots of time off but no solid rota this year so virtually impossible to plan although we can take 23 days booked holiday so summer holidays etc can be booked. Next year I’ll be off Angola on a 6 week on 6 week off rota.

Nine to five would destroy me now. How short are the weekends…?

Still, working Christmas and New Year this year so not all good.

On t’other hand it’ll be 200 days off this year by the end 8)

cranberry
    Free Member

36 days
    Bank Holidays
    7 days of occasional leave
    Whatever we decide to take in flexi-time
    11 days every 2nd year with travel back to the old country for staff member and their family.

Its OK, I suppose 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

Contractor so zero plus bank hols. Or as many as i can afford to not get paid for. 😐

darkcove

25 days plus bank holidays as lieu days. Also over a 17 week roster period I get 51 days off.

Makes it possible to have extended periods off for very little leave if you use your leave entitlement smartly. For instance I have been off work since the 28th Nov and go back on the 19th Dec for 7 leave days.

Much better than my last TOC where leave was rostered in week blocks. If your weeks leave fell on a week where you were only in 2 or 3 days you didn’t get the other days back.

gonzy
    Free Member

i get 26 as standard annual leave then add bank holidays and university closures which adds an extra 12 days to give me a grand total of 38 days.
    once i get to 10 years of service i get 27 days – only 1 more year to go!

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Office based Chartered Engineer.

25 days, plus 8 public holidays (which we can take when we want, they aren’t tied down) plus 2 long service days so 35 in total.

Factory shuts for a week between Christmas and New Year, which has to come out of our leave allowance.

Flex days can be accrued on top of that.

Daffy

28 days + 12 days Flexi + 8 BH – 48 days…I also finish at 12:00 on a Friday.

Come to think of it, based on the above, I only work 3.5 days per week…certainly doesn’t feel like it.

momo

Office based (mostly) engineer type, 31 days (made up of 23 basic + 3 days grade allowance in lieu of overtime + 5 days long service) plus bank holidays.

I was was quite happy with how much holiday I got until I met my wife who’s a teacher.

Xylene
    Free Member

15 Weeks, but in reality take around 3-4 weeks a year.

leftyboy
    Free Member

33 days including bank/public holidays
    Director of Development (software)
    4.5 years in current company

Hoping that the planned buyout will leave me semi-retired so hoping for 60+ days in the near future!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had accrued 37 plus BH’s but never took them all, ended up selling 10 back..

All changed now though, I’m making my own rules.

ahsat

University academic.
    25 + ~15 bank holidays etc. So 40 total. No time in lieu for many trips away etc. Though we do work flexibly so it averages out…like today, working from my parents place! Academics aren’t good at taking all their leave, but I like people not telling me what hours I have to work etc.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“180 days a year off. Usually, but given the downturn I’ve worked 158 days this year so far. So, lots of time off but no solid rota this year so virtually impossible to plan although we can take 23 days booked holiday so summer holidays etc can be booked. Next year I’ll be off Angola on a 6 week on 6 week off rota.”

which vessel ?

Im 5-5 out of luanda on and off b32 as of january . same story here …. loadsa time off this year, Not moaning right now as have been getting my basic until recently. Had to move to international contracting to keep working now though.

senorj

Electrical biased engineering stuff.
    I have 25 plus bank hols. & 1 for ten year service.
    We have to use 3 at Christmas too.
    Currently employed by a USofA mega corp whose incentive for promotion is adopting new ,lesser terms,including only 20 days leave!! Pish to promotion… I’ll just stay here then.

DrT
    Free Member

25 + 8BH (Taken whenever I want) + 10 Bought days (effectively unpaid) so 43 days, plus I have taken about a weeks TOIL this year, so 48 days off.

Will probably buy 15 days extra holiday next year.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

30 days holiday plus bank holidays. Every other Monday off (flexi hours)

So all in all 56 + BH’S per year.

Business and IT projects related role.

gaidong
    Free Member

45 days plus public holidays. No fixed hours and not required to be at the office or lab except for, relatively rare, meetings. I am judged on publications, conference papers, Licence (Bachelors) and Master teaching (get paid extra for teaching), Masters/PhD supervision, and winning grants. We work long hours on fieldwork but I enjoy it and I’m simply grateful for the huge flexibility whilst my kids are still school age (not that it’ll change when they’re older :D).

36 year old French state academic researcher (C.N.R.S. for any that care).

[edit] a lot of colleagues sell back holiday for a few thousand extra €s but I can’t be arsed with the admin and think it would be taking the mick a bit…

ski
    Free Member

25 +BH, we also get one extra day holiday after 25 years long service!

Factory production operative

Just go another 15 years to go till I can claim my extra day

Defender
    Free Member

300 hours, working shifts some 12 hour, some 8, hence the hours rather than days, it can work well as you can take 44 hours and have 12 days off!
    The company I work for previously it could be even better if you planned it correctly you could take 36 hours off to get 12 days off, by accumulating the excess hours over 40 worked each 7 day period.

mrhoppy

25 days + bank holidays + option to buy up to 5 additional days that I usually take.

soundninjauk

I get 22 days plus bank holidays, but the office is closed for the 3 days between Christmas and New Years. Early 30s, work as a sales/support/feature designer/team leader type person for a small software company.

alpin
    Free Member

0… Being self employed I just have days off. This means that holidays cost me double.

The GF had 30 days plus 13 bank holidays. Next year we’ve got 15 bank holidays…. One of the advantages of living in Catholic Bavaria, they have more days off than anywhere else in Germany….

freeagent
    Free Member

Office based Engineer here – just gone up to 28 days + bank holidays now I’ve been here 10 years.
    It will top out at 30 days once I’ve been here 15 years.

allthepies
    Free Member

Contractor scum so zero paid holiday days (incl bank holidays).

joelowden

Two weeks on/ two weeks off then an additional seven weeks a year . Marine engineer . Uk ferry industry.

rugbydick

Offshore oil and gas in the North Sea… still lucky enough to be on a 2on/3off rota.
    I work that out as 208 days a year off.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Three months 😀

I’m a teacher

andy3809
    Free Member

25 + 8 bank holidays and all the days between Christmas and the first Monday of the new year for free.

Every Friday off as work a condensed week (35 hrs mon to Thurs).

Feel really lucky to be honest!

MoreCashThanDash

I get a pro rata version (19/37ths) of 32 days annual leave and 2 Bank Holidays.

I also get 13 weeks off unpaid. Part time/term time rocks. 3.5 days to go and I finish for Christmas, back on 4th January.

(In the interest of balance, they only pay me 19/37ths of my salary. I can assure you, I get quite a bit more than 19/37ths of a caseload.)

Dibbs
    Free Member

I normally get 301 hours but this year I get an extra 259 hours pre-retirement leave as well.

MoreCashThanDash

pre-retirement leave

So you can practice being retired?

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Been in current job 6 years (firm is an environmental consultancy).
    25 days plus bank holidays (no flexi/time in lieu, and cannot carry over any leave to the next year)

Inbred456
    Free Member

Engineer in Aerospace Industry. 25 statutory days and 8 public holidays.

CountZero

As an agency driver, probably as much as I want, they won’t be paying me…
    I believe that changes next year, so I’ll see what happens then.
    If I’ve still got a job…

alpin
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    pre-retirement leave
    So you can practice being retired?

Nah.

He keeps shitting himself.

northernerindevon

Trail Rat – looking very likely to be Skandi Africa. Not 100% yet but hoping so.

Vessel of the year 2015!

8)

geoffj

Contractor scum so zero paid holiday days (incl bank holidays).

+1 but I try not to work more than 220 days a year = 8 weeks including public holidays.

Albanach
    Free Member

Office based Project Engineer here and I get 28 days plus Bank Holidays as well as flexi-time and time off in lieu. Carrying over 16 days to 2017 as I had 10 days from 2015 to use this year.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘How much annual leave do you get?’ is closed to new replies.