Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • How much??? And where can get the materials???
  • vondally
    Free Member

So daughter has moved into rented accommodation, no money and her mates have discovered this…..and luv it …..

. Scaffold and Pallet Wood Bed with Headboard and Drawers. Modern Upcycled, Recycled / Reclaimed Bedroom Industrial Style Furniture Idea

Ask a question
    £2,284.00
    plus shipping
    Only 1 available
    Overview
    Handmade item
    Materials: Scaffold, Solid Wood Bed, Industrial materials, Industrial Style Furniture, Loft Style Bedroom Furniture, Wooden Headboard, Driftwood Bed, Metal Bed, Bed with Drawers, Underbed Storage, Bed with Storage, Big Bed, Unique and Unusual Bedroom
    Made to order
    Only ships within United Kingdom.

So where does she get the scaffold pipe?????and other materials???

hexhamstu
    Free Member
    qwerty
    Free Member

Surely you just burglarize a building site.

perchypanther
    Free Member

This might be a start… 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HK5c7VmBw[/video]

nickjb
    Free Member

Its not actually scaffold. Its kee klamp or kee lite (note spelling for google). Available from RS or stage suppliers amongst may others eg http://uk.rs-online.com/web/b/kee-lite/. Pallets freely available. Scaffold planks also free or cheap if you get condemned ones. You’ll need a decent electric sander (and some dust masks) as the wood will be rough.

TBH I’d just get twice as many pallets and stack them on the floor for a similar industrial look but zero expense.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s key clamp not scaffold.

vondally
    Free Member

Cheers pp…..

I have had a quick look on builders merchants no real joy…

tinybits
    Free Member

For pallets, go to almost any trading estate and go to goods in of a few units. Ask for any pallets you can take. You’ll have enough in 15mins!

irelanst
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

Lots of fittings and pipe on ebay too.

wrecker
    Free Member
    vondally
    Free Member

Cheers getting there with correct Name…thanks

Sany north west enggland based stockists anyone can see????

STATO
    Free Member

Enjoy spending all your summer weekends building it, only for her to move a few months later and leave it behind.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Must…..

Kill….

Hipster……

andyl
    Free Member

here you go, had these in my watch list for a project I was thinking about: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161267867354?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=460306049221&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just a thought about the bed base itself though – it looks like it is going to be very firm. I have always built beds with sprung slats and buy them from ikea. You can get them in silicone rubber holders or in a metal frame, the former being cheaper. So much comfier than thick rigid slats. I am sure you could adapt the pallet design to use them, maybe by flipping the top layer upside down so the slats sit over a void or just space them up so they don’t impact the pallet.

vondally
    Free Member

Statistics….no they are doing it…..team building or house bonding…..at least they can disassemble it….

Sundayjumper

There’s a hell of a lot of sanding involved to get it to look like that.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im sure it will look nothing like that when finished unless they have done a fair bit of woodwork in the past – im not confident i could get it looking like that and ive done my share of woodwork (although no carpentry)

dooosuk
    Free Member

Also, by the time you sling a mattress on it, it looks as though it’ll be quite high.

footflaps

There’s a hell of a lot of sanding involved to get it to look like that.

A rotary sander and dust extraction system would make it a pretty easy job…

globalti
    Free Member

They’re Euro pallets, which are a different shape and size to normal pallets.

wwaswas

Disassemble them and run the parts through a planer thicknesser to clean them up?

trail_rat
    Free Member

suddenly you see how 2200 pounds comes from what is just to he layman “scrap”

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Be cheaper to buy a basic frame from Ikea.

Won’t have that artisanal twang some require, but you can sleep on it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Hope you come up with a better design as that’s ugly.

molgrips
    Free Member

One for the ‘seen on Pintrest/nailed it’ page.

senorj

Very ambitious. I bet it weighs a ton!
    Make sure they get wheels which lock – that one in the photo looks like it might start moving if any ,err, vibration occurred. 🙂

maccruiskeen

Key clamps come in different sizes – so you don’t need to go full scarf-pipe size heavy duty – you can order them and matching sized tubes (they come in different diameters) from FH Brundel – who also deliver

You’d want good extraction if you’re going to be sanding the pallets – all those branded logos relate to phytosanitary regulations and mean the wood has been treated for pests to allow international shipping – that can mean the woods been heat treated or it can mean its been drenched in something nasty – the logo doesn’t tell you which.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘How much??? And where can get the materials???’ is closed to new replies.