Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How much accountancy advice?
  • geoffj

Right, I’m going to be setting up a VAT registered ltd company in March and I’m looking at accountancy advice. How much advice and how much is it going to cost me for things like working out what I can and can’t claim on expenses, and general issues around minimising tax liabilities.

I’m asking, becaue I can get an online service for book keeping filing returns, running a payroll etc, for £10 a month, or with accountancy advice thrown in for £60 per month.

I know I’m going to need some, but £600 worth? – 6 hours?

Help!

soobalias
    Free Member

you have assumed a measley £100/hr. I recommend you talk to an accountant who will advise you of a more realistic hourly rate for their advice.

🙂

geoffj

you have assumed a measley £100/hr. I recommend you talk to an accountant who will advise you of a more realistic hourly rate for their advice.

😥

Exactly!

Pezzers
    Free Member

Depends on how much advise you need and what you are doing.

Find a local accountant (recomendation is best) most will happpily advise for free initially or will do a deal with you.

soobalias
    Free Member

unless you know accounts, you are gonna need advice.

either go down the route of the online book-keeping and then ask for advice at every opportunity (could be a lot in your first years)

or find a nice local accounts firm and chat to them to get an idea of what you will be needing, what they will charge and then compare your options.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I could advise you, but I’m an Accountant and my professional code says you need to put your money where your mouth is. Cheap skate.

jimjimthehumanbin2
    Free Member

ask at your friendly take-away restaurant. the staff at our local one are all cruising around in bmw’s and mercs. i’m sure they have a great accountant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How much accountancy advice?’ is closed to new replies.