Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How much abuse can rockshox revelations take?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’m looking to build up a hardcore hardtail (again) and fancy a set of these. I know they are classed as a trail fork, but will they stand up to the odd bit of downhilling, fairly large jumps and drops 5ft+ to tranny

The vast majority of riding will be singletrack and milder stuff and I’d rather not carry extra weight unless need be

I am pretty light on gear and don’t tend to break things, so they wont have to deal with loads of heavy, clumsy landings (ok maybe the occasional one 🙂

Anyone used them as all rounders?

lotus777
    Free Member

interested to know this too….

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve been attempting to destroy mine for around 2.5 years now (so they are an older model).

Raced XC and DH on them, ridden them all year, 3 Alps trips, 1 service, loads of training (XC and DH), loads of mucking about, loads of epic rides, been in countless cars and uplifts, crashed loads. Still lovely.

Really annoying actually cause I would take any excuse to sell them and get a set of forks that go up to 160mm.. Just to try..

daznal
    Free Member

Mine have taken every thing ive thrown at them,decent jumps,flat out rocky decents and just laughed off the punishment.Mine are the 2010 race qr set to 140mm,great combo of toughness and light weight.Buy some!

Daznal(head of marketing,Rockshox uk)

Northwind

Mine have taken a fair beating, I’ve used them for enduro racing and they’ve done a bit of downhilling… I think you’ll be fine. They’re not the stiffest of forks though and you can feel that a bit when you’re working them harder, doesn’t bother me but I know some people hate it.

Pauly

Mine took a week of black runs in Morzine, inc 7000m of vertical on the last day. These were the carbon steerer & crown World Cups.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How much abuse can rockshox revelations take?’ is closed to new replies.