Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How much !!!!
  • daznal
    Free Member

Now i’ve never bought a complete new bike before,i usualy buy a frame then swop all the bits over then replace/upgrade as bits wear out/get broken so i never realy considered how much my bike would cost to replace.Did a bit of totting up whilst peddling home and a rough estimate is over £3000
    Ellsworth Epiphany frame(2010)
    XT groupe set
    Pro2 wheels/719rims
    Revs
    Mono mini Brakes
    chris king headset
    hope bb
    Thompson seatpost/stem
    Salsa seat clamp
    xtr pedals
    KCNC skewers
    Panracer tyres
    Stans notubes kit
    Now how do i tell mrs daznal that i have to up the house insurance because my bike costs more than our first two cars put together?

xiphon
    Free Member

cycling is expensive. news at 10.

Speshpaul

M&s insurance, you don’t have to specify the bikes,

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It was a bit of a shock when I worked out how much mine’s owrth. I started life as a Carrera Fury I got for £370 and now it’s worth £1750 😯

z1ppy

If you’ve gotten away with buying a 3K bike without the missus knowing, you can surely change the house insurance on the sly too?

xiphon
    Free Member

Are you totting up the original rrp – for like-for-like replacement? if so, the bikes we have would easily total up to about 9-10k.

grum
    Free Member

My Pitch bought on the cyclescheme for about a grand is now worth at least 3 grand if I had to buy all the bits I’ve put on it new at full price. 😯

Northwind

It’s the house insurance bit that I hate, I can delude myself about how much I’ve spent on bikes up til that point but then it all comes out.

dreednya

I can delude myself about how much I’ve spent on bikes up til that point but then it all comes out.

so true, even burnt my lbs receipts after a while, too much incriminating evidence to have lying around……..

I now don’t look at it as pounds and pence but as smiles per mile 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

your crc account record is a very depressing place to visit.

aracer
    Free Member

Interestingly 🙄 it would appear this is the 23rd time somebody’s started a thread with that title. Here’s the last one.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

cycling on expensive bikes is expensive. news at 10.

FTFY

cynic-al
    Free Member

Custom Ellsworth build in “not cheap” shocker!

daznal
    Free Member

Not custom more cobbled

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How much !!!!’ is closed to new replies.