Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • How may on here build your own wheels?
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

ahh,onzadogs wheels sound like they might be spot on!

i cringe at folk that boast about how fast they can build wheels. I hear theres a rep that can do one in 20 mins. what an amazing geezer he is.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i started because it seemed like the next logical thing to do. i did lace one up back in the mists of time.

also can be useful when your lbs won't order in the rims you want and the other lbs and me have fallen out over wheels!

i also had to build a wheel in the morning before driving to 24:12 this year due to a broken rim. i know i could have sorted something else out but it was a much better tale to say " got up, built a wheel, had breakfast, drove to plymouth" 😉

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Somewhere around 200+ I would guess. It's a real nice part of the job; even so, I turned down a job as a professional wheel-builder as the pay was crap and I think I would have got bored of doing only that.
    I've probably fixed/trued/bodged at least 3 thousand though. It's the first thing you need to fix when you're servicing a bike..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It's the first thing you need to fix when you're servicing a bike..

Not my bike. 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Latest wheel build.

😀

ratadog

Now built three sets, for the fun of it and also to have what I wanted at a decent price. Find it very therapeutic.

willej

I've built 10-12 pairs over the years. It's good fun if you're in the right mood and it's very satisfying. I started off doing-it-myself when I worked in my LBS as a Saturday boy 15-odd years ago and I've not bought a complete wheel since. I've done a few pairs for family and friends too. Gerd Schraner's book is good too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

About to go and build a set on 355 rims. Satisfying but not a great deal to be saved over new prices unless you get cheap bits.
    Not as hard as you may suspect

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘How may on here build your own wheels?’ is closed to new replies.