Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How many wheelsets do you own?
  • nick1c
    Free Member

At the moment I have 1 bike (’06 Helius CC)and 1 pair of wheels (XT WM765).
    I can’t justify a second bike but am thinking about a second wheelset. What would the STW massive recommend. I have 130mm Vanilla R’s on the front and 2 shocks – DT air & Fox DHX3 (which I am sending off to be pushed). I live on the South Downs but am determined to visit some trail centers this year. I have no aspirations to be a freeride/DH god. Until I put my tyre pressures up to nearly 40psi as an unrefined 87Kg rider I was getting a fair few snakebites, there are also a fair number of thorns around here so I am tempted to try tubeless, but am unsure as to whether tubeless specific rims are the way to go for the next wheelset (my current rims are tubeless compatible).
    The versatility of Hope hubs appeals as they give the option of bolt thru forks if/when I replace my existing ones.

druidh
    Free Member

6 1/2 – but that’s for 4 bikes…..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sounds like you know what you want.

Halo do cheeper 20mm/QR hubs than hope if your not up for spending much cash

will
    Free Member

3. One for each bike 🙄

GJP
    Free Member

I must confess to having 8 pairs across road and mtb, five of which I only bought last year. I probably have about 5 pairs too many if truth be told

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If you include all my bikes including my cross racing bike set up, er, 18. 😳

GW
    Free Member

depends what you call a wheelset. 😕
    I own at least 50 individual wheels.

Vortexracing

7 sets for 4 bikes

mudshark
    Free Member

2 road bikes, 5 mtbs, 3 road wheelsets, 8.5 mtb wheelsets. Don’t really need as many wheelsets as bikes….

pantsonfire
    Free Member

3 Wheelsets for 3 different jobs
    1 with knobblies for winter/wet weather XT hubs Mavic 717 rims
    1 with semi slicks for summer/dry weather XT hubs Mavic 317 rims
    1 with road slicks for commuting Front Deore Hub rear PlanetX hub No name rims

steve_b77
    Free Member

2 bikes, 3 1/2 sets of wheels.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

6 for 5 bikes, no spare mountain bike wheels.

MrNutt
    Free Member

3 for 2

paulosoxo
    Free Member

**** knows 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How many wheelsets do you own?’ is closed to new replies.