Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • How many tv's in your house?
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

I might ‘hollow out’ my CRT and put an LED one inside so I can appear middle class but still at xbox in HD.

messiah
    Free Member

2. One in each living room :mrgreen:

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

just one. and that is plenty. we do have six hi-fi’s though.

saleem
    Free Member

3 of which 2 always are crammed with with stuff recorded off Sky to watch, I’ve only had 3-4 hours sleep since I was a kid, so tv has always helped through the night to kill the time.

allthepies
    Free Member

1 here.

I did see this pic of a bedroom of a house for sale though. The occupants clearly had no taste whatsoever looking at the house decor but I did lol at this room in particular.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

1, in the living room. And that’s not really mine- I rent and it’s with the house, it’s not the landlord’s and nobody can really remember where it came from.

ransos
    Free Member

1, in the front room. We don’t have one in the bedroom because we still like each other.

tartanscarf

+1 for 1 – in the sitting room. It’s 15 years old and hopefully I can convince the missus not to replace it when it goes pop. Not likely though 🙂

DrP

2:
    – one 32″ LCD in the lounge. That mostly has CBeebies and Numberjacks DVDs on it.
    – one 26″ LCD in our bedroom. That mostly has CBeebies on it.

I really have no need for a bigger/better TV at all!

DrP

Lounge, bedroom, daughters bedroom, games room, kitchen.

Why on earth shouldn’t you have one in the bedroom?

twohats
    Free Member

None.

AndyP
    Free Member

We used to have one in the bedroom but nowadays I believe a couple can access the interweb to find racy videos to watch together, so we use the laptop.

lunge

1 in the living room, 2 in the loft. Anyone want an old 15″CRT?

AdamW
    Free Member

One in the back lounge (32″ LCD with PS3/AppleTV/Wii/PVR).

None in the front lounge, cos that’s for cosy reading and listening to radio/music.

None in the bedroom. Hate the idea of a telly in the bedroom. 😈

Some strange justifications on here as per usual. Every room in the house can be for reading or listening to music. TVs have an off button you know. Don’t get the obsession with not having a decent sized tv either. Do you all listen to your music on an old mono Bush radio, or take pictures with a cheap disposable film camera?

Embrace technology

I couldn’t imagine the family huddling round a laptop to watch a film, or Planet Earth or similar.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We are a family of 5, at the peak we had 7 TV’s

Now we have 2, but everyone has a laptop/portable device and we watch almost all of our TV online. We have a computer attached to one of the TVs so we can watch online content on it.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

5 😀

Big one in the lounge with all the usual things connected to it.

Small LCD in the kitchen, as we’ll watch news or something while cooking.

LED in the bedroom – the missis goes to bed before 9pm most nights, so dozes to that while I’m in the garage or out nightriding. Also has the news/weather/traffic on when we’re getting up in the morning. And I can listen to it while I’m having a dump in the en-suite 😈

One in son’s room – he’s 22 so has Xbox and stuff up in the room we daren’t go in to.

One unused in a spare bedroom that’s waiting to get hooked up to the turbo trainer.

If it was just me I wouldn’t have any 8) When I was a bachelor boy with my own house I didn’t own one at all for many years. Mind you, radio was better in them days, and I was renovating so radio was perfect to listen to. Anyone remember Mark and Lard in Out on Blue Six, and Alan Parker – Urban Warrior?

Cletus

50″ plasma in open plan kitchen/dining room/lounge hooked up to Freesat and Freeview

40″ lcd in second lounge hooked up to freeview and PS3 – used mainly by 15 year old boy to play FIFA

22″ lcd with built-in DVD in our bedroom – not connected to an aerial (yet) – used mainly by 5 year old girl to watch DVDs.

26″ monitor with freeview tuner in study – used pretty much exclusively as a monitor.

If you have kids (particularly surly game playing teenagers) then two TV’s make life a lot easier.

I spend far more time listening to the radio than watching TV though!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Mrs FB’s parents have a lounge with a tv walk through the double doors into the kitchen diner and there is another tv, walk from kitchen diner into the conservatory and there’s another TV, go up tairs and the theme continues, if there was such a thing as a waterproof tv then there would be one in their bathroom.

br
    Free Member

If you have kids (particularly surly game playing teenagers) then two TV’s make life a lot easier.

Agree, three TV’s here (and three laptops).

We use to just have one in the lounge, with the XBox connected for my son. Then another was bought for our bedroom so my wife could watch DVD’s when he was playing (and I was working away). I then connected this one to the Sky box.

Eventually we converted the conservatory into a ‘den’ and put the lounge TV in there, with the XBox, and bought another for the lounge.

Its not like flat-screen TV’s are expensive, the latest 37″ cost less than an XTR crankset 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Just the one, an old (but nice) 28″ CRT in the living room. I sometimes think about upgrading to a nice flash HD one, but then I’d have to get a bluray player as well, and I don’t really watch enough movies or play enough Xbox to justify it. No kids though, and some kind of audio device lives in every room apart from the bathroom.

I have just got a library / music room set up, that might end up with a wee flatscreen so I can play Xbox or watch Commando while the Mrs enjoys Come Dine With Me and Grand Designs.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

if there was such a thing as a waterproof tv then there would be one in their bathroom

There is – you had better tell them…

http://www.buycleverstuff.co.uk/19-mirror-waterproof-tv-frameless—aquavision-8892-p.asp

ransos
    Free Member

Some strange justifications on here as per usual. Every room in the house can be for reading or listening to music. TVs have an off button you know.

As I prefer to not watch TV in the bedroom, it makes more sense to not have one rather than reach for the off button.

Cletus

When we bought our house last year the vendors had seven TV’s. All flatscreen and less than three years old.

They were a couple with two kids who were getting divorced and asked us via the agent if we wanted to buy the TV’s (plus the fridge freezer and pool table!).

We made what we thought were fair offers for a couple of the sets but these were rejected – they had obviously paid top dollar and were not aware that we could buy brand new for the prices that they were asking – which we did!

We did buy the fridge-freezer – the Mrs would not let me buy the pool table 👿

ourmaninthenorth

Two. Both CRT. Both 10+ years old.

One is in the living room. One is in the upstairs bedroom, but we hardly go up there.

I just about permit a radio in the bedroom. It’s a place for sleeping, among other activities (though I admit some of those take place in, inter alia, the living room… where there’s a TV – I’m a hypocrite. Sue me).

Living room wil be done up this year and a stove is going in the corner where the TV is. This means either one of those pleberian flat screen jobs, or no TV.

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

2. 1 in the living room and 1 in the bike room for using the turbo trainer.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It’s a place for sleeping, among other activities

would this be reading perhaps!

freeagent
    Free Member

currently just the one 32″ LCD stuck on the wall in our lounge.
    we are planning a house extension next year, which will give us a second lounge, so will get another one for that room.
    Long term we’ll probably end up with one in the kitchen, and maybe one in my man-cave when its finished ;o)

Haze

2, living room and bedroom.

Girlfriend wants another in the kitchen/diner, I’m holding out. It’s the only place we regularly sit together that hasn’t got the distractions of TV’s and laptops etc.

wors

On a slightly seperate note, do you need a TV license to watch tv through a laptop, ipad etc?

emsz
    Free Member

Telly in bed is one of the joys of life isn’t it? hardly ever on in the week, although I have woke up at stupid o’clock in the morning to find telly still going occasionally, but Sunday morning…Oh my gosh, toast, tea, socks, telly on, some er…other stuff… 😳

heaven :mrgreen:

DrP

On a slightly seperate note, do you need a TV license to watch tv through a laptop, ipad etc

Legally, yes.

DrP

stratobiker
    Free Member

None.

ourmaninthenorth

Oh my gosh, toast, tea, socks, telly on, some er…other stuff…

Can you change your log in to atitlikerabbits ?

would this be reading perhaps!

Between sleeping and emsz style other stuff, who has time to read in bed?

Anna-B
    Free Member

Also zero here. Been that way for 5-6 years, though I’m getting one to watch the Olympics on. Not decided whether to keep it or not after! Maybe I’ll borrow lunge’s loft one….

You only need a licence to watch tv ‘as its shown’ . That’s a quote from the tv licensing threatening letters, so I know its right.

Between sleeping and emsz style other stuff,

Really????

Bazz

DaveRambo

One here as well.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Technically 2
    50 inch in the lounge
    21 inch in the spare room
    Also have 2 laptops and a 21 inch monitor to plug said laptops into, in the bedroom. (Also connected up to a 5.1 surround sound system)

fathomer

Two, 37″ plasma in the lounge and 26″ lcd in the bedroom for the wife when football/rugby is on!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘How many tv's in your house?’ is closed to new replies.