Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How many tradesmen have let YOU down today?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m up to 2 in one day, both appointments made 10 days ago.

How do folk make a living like this?

Is there a “craptradesmen.com” review site I can post up on?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Dunno, but if it helps, 3 customers have bu**ered my day up! Is there a “crapcustomers.com” review site?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I just post up here for that.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m getting worried about you, Al.

Can’t be long till….

slackalice
    Free Member

Do I get double points?

My current ‘project’ is a home / house belonging to a tradesman. He took his family on a day trip to London today. Without paying me.

I go on holiday tomorrow morning. It’ll be a cheap week away.

Joy.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jamie, I am disappoint, I am aiming higher:

rambo_007 by alan cole, on Flickr

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Your not thinking about leaving these tradesmen negative feedback are you? I’d Imagine they take a slight on their reputations very seriously.You may well end up with a frozen poo in a plastic tub through your letterbox

br
    Free Member

Yesterday, one did.

Expected him at 0800, he texted at 0920 to say he’d be over for 1100.

At 1200 I rang him, he said he was just leaving Edinburgh so would be straight over (say an hour). At 1415 I rang him. No response.

Good job I was just working on my house anyway, so at home.

At 0800 this morning I text him. No response.

At 1400 I get a very apologetic call saying he’d screwed up yesterday and could he come Monday. Agreed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow fervoured, you saw that thread?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Fleeting but entertaining none the less.

Don’t freeze it though, the wrong person will get the brunt of it.

cinnamon_girl

Tradesmen were doing some good work at c_g Towers today BUT I received a phone call from a call centre and my language was shocking. 😳

It went quiet so I did go and apologise to them. 😳

Gawd, wot a fish wife I am. 😛

Wonders if they’ll come back again. 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

No, the van windows that should have been with me 3 weeks ago arrived yesterday 👿

totalshell

to ensure a guy turns up.. call him the day before to confirm.. check that he knows the address..

totalshell

to ensure a guy turns up.. call him the day before to confirm.. check that he knows the address..

LoCo
    Free Member

Had a boiler chap have a proper rant at me for not excepting his quote and using someone else last year 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

I’m having a lovely time with a builder/plasterer

After pissing off around 16 weeks ago leaving a whole load of little jobs unfinished he is now rather hurt and surprised that I’m withholding the last 1k from him. Guess what f/;(nut, when you actually do the work, you’ll get paid.

••••ox

Gary_M
    Free Member

At 1400 I get a very apologetic call saying he’d screwed up yesterday and could he come Monday. Agreed.

You do know its highly unlikely he”ll turn up.

johndoh
    Free Member

totalshell – Member
    POSTED 17 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You’ve never used a tradesman have you?

franksinatra

I posted on this subject before Here

I find it hard to actually spend my money with tradesmen, they seem to just not care. I know I should avoid generalising but it does seem to be the majority. They really do act like they are doing you a favour rather than running a business. And why do tradesmen never have a website?

rj
    Free Member

None, just had a tiler in who made a nice job of it and left the place cleaner than he found it.

northernmatt

Luckily in my job I get to let tradesmen down all the time. So the next time your plumber/heating engineer rings and says the parts aren’t in you can blame me for all of it.

bruk

Just 1, after 3 weeks having air con and air recirculation installed at work the boss man came to check the work and put his foot through the ceiling, trashing the suspended grid and some light units below it.

nice bill from our builder coming his way!

oldnick

I have a cracking reputation because I give a shit, however I could make more money if I didn’t.

But since I enjoy having a clear conscience and don’t need to earn more than I do I’ll carry on working entirely from recommendations (no advertising, no website, too much work as it is 🙂 )

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How many tradesmen have let YOU down today?’ is closed to new replies.