• This topic has 40 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • how many times a week r u getting it?
  • fastindian
    Free Member

That got u interested!!! Obviously i meant bike rides a week, i’ve got 2 young kids and get out twice a week if my lucks in, how about the rest of you?

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

1 3 year old but still get out twice a week – Tuesday night ride and Sunday morning.

Enough for my fat ass!

Coyote
    Free Member

Two young ones as well and I’m managing two night road rides a week at the mo.

glenh
    Free Member

Zero kids and zero times a week!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

2 kids aged 22 and 23. 3 rides a week :o)

devs
    Free Member

5 times on average. Not been out this weekend though on account I have been too hungover.

swisstony
    Free Member

I’ve had a good week this week, 2 night rides and a biggy today, normally only 1 regular night ride and a weekend spin if i’m lucky. Mine are 6 & 4 btw!

Wally

1young sprog ,Sunday and occasional night ride. Also short cycle to work.

ton

i would rather have pie n chips

bout 3 times a week, married 19 yrs, together 25.

Alex

Twice. Sunday 8am (eek!) and a night ride. Going to start commuting twice a week as well soon. Bloody Honc has got me running scared! (7&9 and used to Daddy going riding)

takisawa2

1.5 yr old & a 3.2 yr old.
    Getting out about twice a week, Wed night & Friday PM.
    Usually commute by bike also, towing the kids trailer to nursery on the way.
    So not too bad.

Oh, & days out to Llandegla etc every couple of months.

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

no wife, no kids, gardening leave, riding A LOT!

ton

every day, if you was talking bout riding.

Smee
    Free Member

Every day.

onandon
    Free Member

I took a day off on Friday but other than that everyday from the 22nd dec on wards.

bruneep

My Birthday and Christmas, whether i want it or not. 😐

kona_uk
    Free Member

No wife (but I have a GF). No kids !

Whenever I feel like it ! 🙂

nickc

2-4 times a week, depending on how I feel. Family are well used to it.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve got two kids, aged 3 and 5.

I ride to work and back every day, which is enough to keep my legs ticking over, but am not getting out for proper rides nearly as much as I’d like.

Last year I only did 8 rides, not counting commuting. It was 14 in 2007 and 14 in 2006. These rides averaged 50 miles each though. I think that’s the problem – I’ve got into a mindset where I feel like I need a full day set aside to go for a ride. Other commitments on a weekend, plus having marking to do most weekends, also eat into potential riding time.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m getting an extra one now I can turn the dog walk into a ride. yay! Sunday morning was fantastic, all the usual boggy bits were frozen solid.
    Come the summer I’ll be able to ride every day!

Commuting/road riding doesn’t really count for me as I don’t enjoy it, but I get 3 of those in a week.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

1 or 2 night rides a week.A weekend ride every other month or so,or if I take a day off work ,though I managed 2 Sunday rides in one month just before xmas.
    I have 3 kids aged 1,3, and 5 and a wife that works every other weekend so I am not doing too bad considering……….

BoardinBob

Cycle to and from work

One night ride a week

One ride at the weekend

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

10- 14 hours riding time a week.

coffeeking
    Free Member

No kids, no rides.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

2 kids aged 2 and 9 months.

5 x 20 mile commute singlespeed and a whole Sunday morning mudfest on the mountain bike :O)

MM

singletracksurfer

2 kids, 2 rides & 3 $h@g$

clunker

In the summer 3-5 times at the moment 1-2 🙁

Two kids 1 and 3

GaryLake
    Free Member

Wife but no kids yet, 2-3 times (the third is normally if she comes out)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Winter: 1 per week
    Summer: 2-3 per week

MoreCashThanDash

2 year old and a 5 year old, and an understanding wife/washing fairy – only got back into riding when the first was born and I “wouldn’t have time/money to justify the gym membership”. Several bikes later…..

Currently commuting to work 3-4 days a week – 17 miles per day.

Most Wednesdays night ride if I can find someone else going out

Most weekends – one longer ride if other family commitments allow

Commuting is a big help for keeping legs ticking over, takes a couple of weeks to get organised properly to make it fit in easily.

Night rides after the kids have gone to bed have been useful.

Decent “bad weather” kit helps, as you are often allowed out when the weather is too foul for a family day out at the weekend!

Obviously, you need to be able to offer your other half the time they need for their hobby in order to get the time you need to ride. And I know we are lucky in that MrsSwadey only works one day a fortnight, and I have flexible hours that mean I get to spend time with the kids each day.

the_lecht_rocks

no kids.
    about 12 km per week in the swimming pool.
    1 or 2 gym visits, full muscle group workouts.
    3 rides on the mtb.

still not as fit as i should be 🙁

Daveb575
    Free Member

Short commute (8 – 10 miles in total depening upon route)
    1 night ride on a Wednesday
    Usually Shortish rides of 1.5 hoursish on Saturday and Sunday with a longer ride on a Saturday about once a month.

terrahawk
    Free Member

3 kids.
    I’m prepared to ride at daft times of the day and night and ride alone mostly, so I can ride up to 6 times a week, plus I run 2 or 3 times too.
    There’s a gym at work that I use at lunchtimes.
    Probably looking at about 18 hours a week.

Bloody colds and flu have cut that back to nowt lately, but I’m off like a mentalist again now 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

At the moment about 4 times a week and that will increase to 5 or 6 times a week later in the year. I do a 20 mile each way commute though which helps get the miles in. I’m pretty happy with the amount of riding I’m doing but I’d quite like to do more long distance rides this year.

Most of my riding is on road mainly because of the commute but also because I’m not really into going out for short rides on the mtb and I don’t have any long off road routes from home.

One 11 year old son if that makes a difference.

terrahawk
    Free Member

actually, more like 22 hours, now that I’ve done the sums.
    Jesus. No wonder the house is a mess.

gator
    Free Member

Having worked over Xmas / New Year period (I have to)

I’m now on 10 days off

In the pub last Sunday (Day 1 – ride 1)
    I said I was going to ride every one of my days off – and since my first day back is Wed and we ride Wed nights – That will be 11 rides in 11 days

Sat here after finishing ride 9 – It hurts

Plus as part of the stupid idea I also said I’d wear the same Merrino base for every ride (un-washed) – The top is doing better than I am 😉

gator
    Free Member

Sorry

Normally ride 2 to 3 times a week – depending on how shifts fall

2 grown up kids and a wife that runs and rides

BoardinBob

coffeeking – Member

No kids, no rides.

No riding, no kids 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

1 night ride a week because I work quite long hours and have 1 20mo and one thats about 2/3s ready. I sometimes take a day of for trips away to wales or the peaks.

Cooroo
    Free Member

Single mum, 1 a week if I’m lucky…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘how many times a week r u getting it?’ is closed to new replies.