Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • How many times a week do you ride your bike(s) and where (road or offroad)?
  • Karinofnine

Morning,

Was just thinking as I rode in this morning on the road – wishing I was riding off road and wondering how many others there are who would really really like to ride their mountainbikes every day, but in fact ride road bikes to work?

K

AndyP
    Free Member

last week fairly normal:

8 road rides
    5 mtb rides
    1 turbo
    1 rollers

sometimes I do a track session too.

mildred

I tend to do most of my riding as part of my commute through winter. I generally work a 10 day shift pattern and ride 4/5 days out of this, twice per day.

I've found a route that gives me a smattering of off-road to sweeten the road riding. It's not ideal but it keeps me going through the dark nights and has least impact on family life.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trimix
    Free Member

Weekends once or twice for a good 3+ hours.

Weekdays once for a night ride. All off road.

br
    Free Member

I'm not working at the moment, so 3-4 times per week (including a weekend ride with the 'workers'), off-road.

Squirrel

Pretty much every day, mostly off-road.

bigdonx
    Free Member

2 or 3 times during the week (evenings), and hopefully once at the weekend.

All offroad (apart from a bit of linking) – road far too scarey!!

joemarshall
    Free Member

Today – offroad to work, 20 miles. That was fun, if a bit tiring.

Usually, most days I ride the road bike (either to work, or down to the shops or something if I'm working at home or it is a weekend). Probably 2 or 3 times I ride offroad.

Joe

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I ride most days – commuting and errands around town which has the odd bit of offroad with proper offroad once a week but somtimes more

organic355
    Free Member

5 days a week on the road bike for a 5 mile commute. Then sat or sunday on the MTB, but only about once a month at the moment. 🙁

I tried commuting on the road on my MTB and even though it only weighs 10.5kg I still struggled compared to the road bike. Not really any offroad routes to and from work either.

qwerty
    Free Member

i can now commute 40mins off road to work from my doorstep 😀 but it involves the long way around as my work place is in fact only a 3 min slow cycle away

whatcha up to on sunnyday?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Last week

10*20 mile road rides (commuting)
    1*2 hours local singletrack ride with my son(Saturday)
    1*3 hours local forest track ride (Sunday)

I don't normally ride to work every day, usually 3 to 4 days a week. Only bike I crave to ride more is my proper road bike.

vinnyeh

Househusbanding limits things- lucky enough to get a day out last Sunday, but nearly all my riding's after dark at the moment- normally one weeknight and Sunday night off road, and last week did the Tour of Lombardy on the turbo 🙄

shortcut

Tuesday and Thursday night off road and every Saturday (3 to 7 hours) also off road

Earthquake
    Free Member

You lucky people!

I only get to ride once a week, usually wkends, if i'm lucky…..

…..kids n work, kids n work, kids n work……..

i'd be out everyday if i could.

Karinofnine

qwerty – Member
    i can now commute 40mins off road to work from my doorstep but it involves the long way around as my work place is in fact only a 3 min slow cycle away

whatcha up to on sunnyday?

Hi Monkey! So you're at P End now? Sunday, I want to get out on the Orange… I'm based near Puckeridge for a month, so will ride from there, maybe down to Broxbourne Woods.

robgarrioch

Pretty much in the same vein as Earthquake, me (except it's just work, no kids, yet…)
    Though I feel ok riding 'fairly hard' @ weekends, often wonder if it's doing me more harm than good?
    Gonna go for a decent set of lights soon & try to lessen the gaps between rides, if I can be arsed after work! Now, which lights to buy… 😉

avdave2

6 miles each way to work 5 miles of which is off road. I ride that whenever I'm in the office all year round. When the evenings are lighter I tend to do detours to add a bit more distance and try to get a 2-3 hour ride on a Friday.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh but if I didn't commute by bike then I wouldn't get out much either.

cookeaa

Earthquake – Member
    You lucky people!

Similar issues for me, at the minute I try and Cycle (Road) the 20 miles each way to/from work and I get in at least 4 hours MTB at the weekend (Sat or Sun depending on family plans).

Have to admit I skipped riding in this morning though (not the first time either) as our 4 month old decided to scream the house down at 2:30 this morning and I basically lost most of a nights sleep, it's an excuse I guess but if I'm not up and out before 6:00am it's not happening

I'm still waiting for my DX light to appear so I can try and squeeze in some evening MTB rides….

Summer was better for me, later sunset and the missus not having dropped the sprog yet meant I was commuting 3 days a week and normally got one evenng ride and at least one if not two days riding at the weekend.

Now we have the nipper my health is approaching a low point and my "trail craft" is starting to feel a bit rusty… 😥

Still there's always summer, I've alrady bought the sprog carrier… 😀

Bernaard
    Free Member

Everyday. 12m to work and 12m back that can be varied to be mostly road or around 75% off road. Tend to stick to the roads and cyclepaths during the winter though due to getting everything too sh1tted up everyday.
    Then an off road mid week and on at the weekend.

trio25
    Free Member

Most days with work which is always road and varies depending on when I am working. Then usually one or two mtb rides a week.

naokfreek
    Free Member

I ride around 250 miles + a week couriering in london but, don't get much offroad stuff at the mo, that will soon change when my hack bike is up and running and the only bike at the moment becomes what it should be, an offroad bike.
    Sadly, my only offroad stiff (sic) this year has been two weeks in the alps, but, man it was mucking fental.

On the plus side, my balance is way way better, my stamina is endless and as they say, it's just like riding a bike, so nothing changes really.

But i still need to stop smoking!!!!

sharki
    Free Member

I used to ride alot more than i do now, i'm now trying to get unfit.

robyzf1
    Free Member

I saw this thread and thought I would be quite active but my 12 mile speedy road ride and 40 mile weekend ride on the road was good going for winter to keep some sort of fitness.

will
    Free Member

Commute should be counted here 😉

If I counted my commute i;d be looking at 300+ just in commuting (oh yeh…that's if i didn't drive to work 😉 )

Monday – Run
    Tuesday – 15/20 mile off road ride
    Wednesday – run
    Thursday – 10/15 mile off road
    friday – day off
    Sat – Local woods ride 15/20 miles off road
    sun – Peaks 15/20 miles off road

Thats in the winter plan, it can change week to week, but on average that will be it. Do sometimes find the motivation to get all kitted up when i get in from work 😆

GW
    Free Member

I ride a bike on average 2 times most days.
    mix of Road, BMX, DH, mini-DH, XC, jumping, street, night rides or simply pissing about/popping to shops/taking kids riding or to School.
    what I ride depends on what I feel like. eg. in the last week I've mainly been riding locally on my hardtail a mix of XC & DH, taking the kids to school, a bit of street riding and a couple of night rides, went DHing one day on my proper DH bike and have been out for a long roadride on the roadbike, I'm going out for the day tomorrow playing on some local mini DH stuff and on Friday I think I'm going prob to ride BMX.

I'm loving biking again at the moment.. think it's because I'm doing far more local riding and less driving.

will
    Free Member

GW – Do you have a job 😆 If so, can i have it please

Goz
    Free Member

4 days on the road, 1 day offroad

GW
    Free Member

Yes I have a job but I'm self employed so no you can't have it :wink:.. did I say I often ride while working? 😛

Sandwich

Most days around town and for the farm-shop runs on the road. I try to get out off-road at the weekend for a 30+ mile ride. It's not all bad being unemployed.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Trying to get out more – I managed 1 x 2 hour ride and 1 x 45 minute ride last week, and thought I was doing well!

The problem is work – I am out all day(ish) on site lifting bits of machinary about the place. Get home and tend to have no enthusiasm for going out, so I am trying to get some riding in first thing (even short) to build some base fitness back up again, then throw in a longer weekend ride each week and I will get there. Next week I will get out a couple of times (this week is a write off alas), and then add a day every week or two. Perhaps.

That's the plan anyway.

devs
    Free Member

10-15 miles 4-5 nights a week offroad. One 15-20 miler at the weekend either in local woods or trail centre or big mountain.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Mondays 14 mile offroad circuit (1.5 hours).
    Tuesday 2 hours hockey training.
    Wednesday 14 mile offroad circuit (1.5 hours).
    Thursday 1 hour frantic 5 aside football.
    Friday notmally rest day ready for hockey on Saturday
    Saturday hockey match.
    Sunday 2 – 3 hours local single track

IainAhh

4-5 days a week commute mostly off road to the train station. 5 miles each way.

I was almost put off last night after nearly being run over on the only small bit of road I go along. With bright lights and a naff builders visibility vest!! And the pissing rain. Wondering what the hell I was doing.

However back on the bike this morning, someone still pulled out on me.
    But dry and felt good when a bmw x3 pulled up beside and paid for his parking. (related to another post do people who drive those cars realise they look like tits, why not get a proper car.)

Real mtb ride maybe 2/3 times a month at week.

Sugar2
    Free Member

commute 3 days a week
    4/5 road rides avg 15-70 miles per ride
    Just got back into MTBing after obsessing on the road for 18months so 2/3 MTB rides a week (bought some lights for evening frivolity)

Went out after work for a 20 mile road ride won't be going out at 1600hrs again, nearly copped it about 4 times **** commuter car drivers and country lanes = casualty dept! 😐

langy
    Free Member

Mon-Thurs; Road in and back, Friday is MTB in and out as I finish early and can make it worthwhile, add in an MTB ride on one of the w/end days.

However, at the moment, Fridays are Road too as I have the Tour Down Under "punter ride" in Jan so getting a few extra road miles in.

Fitting the riding in is quite easy; it's actually having the recovery time that is hard and is what prevents me from riding more.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘How many times a week do you ride your bike(s) and where (road or offroad)?’ is closed to new replies.