Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • How many this year then??
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Sold the 456, sold alpinestars retro, replaced with a BMC. Still got bmx race bike, new road bike, retro road bike, old s&m bmx.

chakaping
    Free Member

Early in year I built up a s/h Trance that I bought just before Xmas '08, still loving it.

Bought and built a Big Hit in spring and sold it in autumn, too small and heavy for me.

Just bought a Charge Blender s/h.

stompy

Not so much gone through bikes as frames with a few upgrades in the parts front.

I've gone through more forks than anything else… 2 sets of Revs, Pikes, Bombers, 66's, Fox 32's, Fox 36's. Now settled with Lyriks and Magura Laurins although would like some Wotans after riding the Laurins.

As for bikes sold the Bullit, the NRS and the Malt….Bought a Heckler, an 853 Dialled PA and an Inbred 🙂

Wondering how long they will stay with me, I'm happy……for now 😈

debaser

456 summer season

stolen heater
    [img]http://[/img]

All I want for Christmas is more time to ride.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Just the one for me:
    A s/h Enigma frame in Columbus steel that was too small for my mate.. some bargain basement carbon cranks, reba teams and hard bits from on-one.. and a drivetrain/wheel/brake setup from various retailers and my spares bin where not one single component matches any other. Even the brake callipers don't match the levers!
    So that's a 24 1/2 lb steel hardtail, all for £970, and I love it to bits!
    I did the south downs way on it in one day at the end of summer and it was faultless. I missed my inbred when I sold it 3 years ago, but I don't miss it any more. This pistol whips the shit out of it. Rides better, descends better, singletracks better, climbs like my old Klein, if not better..
    In fact, I've gotta dig out a picture of it.. Here:

Oh, and my other bikes both got new forks and drivetrains, but that's not news.

samuri
    Free Member

Bought a humuhumunukanukapau'a.
    Bought a Lemond (and snapped it)
    Bought a Litespeed (and rode many thousands of miles on it)
    Bought a Van Tuyl!!! And have enjoyed riding it immensely.

ononeorange

Only 2 – Ti 456 and Soul. Both great.

njee20
    Free Member

Where do people get the money to swap bikes so often? You must lose money on each one!?

I'm only at 2, Top Fuel 9.9 and Specialized Allez commuter, got a new frame on order which should be here before the end of the year though, so a winter bike to add to that!

wwaswas

Bought complete;

Specialized Tricross

Built from parts;

Kona Singlespeed
    Kona Full Sus bike for my sons 13th birthday present.

Wife's also bought a Carrera Vulcan road bike.

Sold;

On-one Single speed
    Son's old 24" wheel Kona

so, I now have 5 bikes, wife has two bikes, daughter 1+ a trailer bike and son one bike.

ktaylor
    Free Member

Yesterday I bought my first new bike in over ten years. Only the rear brake lever remains from that Sunn Tonic. I now have a lovely new Van Nicholas Yukon (without pedals).

tinsy
    Free Member

Just a new frame, built my do everything full suss into a do everything hardtail…

mamadirt, got pics of the retro BMX? I would love to get one of these built much like I had in the 80's Redline MX2

scaredypants

One frame & wheels this year, nothing the year before; I'm just not doing my bit 🙁

soma_rich
    Free Member

sold my Coiler
    sold my Scandal
    sold my Trek

Next year though will be a differant story!

trail_rat
    Free Member

kona jake
    Kona dew Fs (both these still in nz awaiting my return)
    the merida XC race bike
    Tricross
    Rebuilt my road bike with a full new drive train
    Built the missus a singlespeed commuter.
    Had my rig stolen and recovered – then rebuilt with new bits

Also bought a unicycle (and can now ride it properly)

so 5 new bikes.given i didnt buy a single new bike last year i think im ok 😀

sold a heckler & my puch fixie

AndyP
    Free Member

none. Will probably add one to the collection next year, got my eye on a Dolan Track Champion.
    Lots of bits though. Mostly gratuitous. Favourite thing was Easton Attack TT bars. Lovely.

cynic-al
    Free Member

3 – got another Heckler to replace the Nomad, and 2 new road frames (Principia bargain and Salsa Casserol)

Also got my Shand back after an 15 month repair. My fleet is replete!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i bought a second hand hahanna in 07. i guess i'm not enslaved to consumerism enough to be a part of this site 🙄

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Just the one, sold my Sunday & now on an Empire AP-1 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

Where do people get the money to swap bikes so often? You must lose money on each one!?

Not bikes, usually just frames njee20, and sure I lose a little on each one but hey, I reckon it'd cost close to that to hire one for a couple of weeks – I just look on it as money well-spent on entertainment 😀 (I don't 'do' shoes or handbags so why not?)

mamadirt, got pics of the retro BMX?

Which one tinsy? The mid 90s S&M was my last restoration (stripped and resprayed the frame and built it up with mostly NOS stuff off ebay and radbmx.co.uk

The more recent 2002 NG dirtbike I bought as an NOS frame off ebay and built it up pretty cheaply with the plan to buy period correct stuff when funds allowed, but it's on ebay now as I know it's just gonna cost me megabucks in the long run to get it as I'd like it.

Spent silly money on a Hutch resto too a few years ago (sheesh that bike was fast) . . .

Tinsy, have a look on radbmx.co.uk if you fancy rebuilding an MX2.

ton

njee, some people are not so precious about money.
    it, like bikes are a commodity, and like bullshit, are of no use unless they are spread about. 😉

scaredypants

"Where do people get the money to swap bikes so often? You must lose money on each one!?"

njee – wasn't it you that claimed not to have lost money on a
    bike in years?

GaryLake
    Free Member

njee, some people are not so precious about money.

Must be nice… 😥

pastcaring
    Free Member

nothing this year, been very happy with my 07 canfield balance and my 06 fox 36

evil sect or yeti 5 are on the list for the spring

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘How many this year then??’ is closed to new replies.