Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • How many this year then??
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Sooooo, how many new bikes have you bought this year? Reckon I've been pretty restrained really with 7 builds 😉 . Started the year with the little orange Tazer then added an S&M Sabbath bmx, S&M dirtbike bmx resto project, Kona Cowan singlespeed, Santa Cruz Bullit, little white Tazer, DK Havok bmx and S&M NG dirtbike bmx. Only the white Tazer remains (the little red 'bred frame is a permanent fixture of course) so bring on 2010 😀

robbo1234biking

Only one for me the 456 I got about a month ago. Before that it was a Kona Cinder Cone. Saving for the wedding so dont have much spare for bikes!

EDIT thats forgetting my singlespeed commuter that I built up and have now stripped back down again!

walla24
    Free Member

3 builds this year, 2 hacks for my friends to use and a ss for me 😀 roll on next year!

MoreCashThanDash

Only one new roadie commuter this year – plus a little Ridgeback for my lad.

I'd like to have high hopes for next year but job/finances are in the balance

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Built up a budget Stumpjumper for my brother and swapped my Dialled Alpine frame to a Cotic BFe so Ive built two bikes up I guess.

simondbarnes

2 –
    cheap winter road frame built up with bits off my old roadie
    specialized tarmac expert (now in hibernation)

Have sold 3 pairs of forks, 2 singlespeed frames, some wheels

snaps
    Free Member

Just two, Dialed bikes Morning Glory – very nice but a tad to small so sold on after a dozen rides & an 08 Mount Vision which is as sharp as a razor with a nice light build!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Three for me.

A proper road bike on C2W and a commuter hybrid not on C2W 😆

And a Nicolai Helius I bought the frame 2nd hand and built it up with bits off a bike I sold 😀

Bregante

2 – 1)Marin Rocky Ridge on CTW

2)Cheap commuter/hack bike = to actually ride to work!! 😉

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

what!!!!!!!!!! i thought 1 was normal! lol

the-muffin-man

none

thejesmonddingo

Got a Remedy 8 about 3 months ago,love it,never really been over-biked before.
    Ian

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Sold- 1

Kept- 1

Bought- 2

A quiet but good year bikes wise..

cullen-bay
    Free Member

just my race bike, a giant xtc carbon.

backhander
    Free Member

Ah, think I'm gonna sell the whole Dialled PA and the Intense 5.5 frame.
    Get a nice new FS frame and leave it at that.
    Have a nice long trip to canada planned. Gonna need the money (and bike!).

nickegg
    Free Member

Sold my 2007 Orange 5.

Bought a cheap n cheerful early 90's Raleigh steel framed road bike, a 2009 Orange 5 Pro and just about to take delivery of a Cove Handjob.

Not bad considering i spent the first 6 months of this year unemployed!

didmatt
    Free Member

just the one for me, Giant Trance. Love it, pretty quick and its an ideal for trail centres and all day epics!

Either a Road bike or a Big DH bike for next year.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

just one for myself….bought a 2nd hand 2005 sworks enduro, couldnt really afford a big new shiny bike, going to sell it tho and get either an orange 5 or a lapierre or a commencal brand new in the summer

Underhill
    Free Member

2 for me, built up an 05 Stumpjumper for trails & fun & have a Trailstar that I've still got to put together, probably be springtime before it's going 🙁

Smee
    Free Member

two for me – bianchi 928 and rock lobster. two best bikes i've ever owned.

oddjob
    Free Member

Took apart a Cannondale R3000 and built a Cervelo Soloist. 2008 was an expensive year and the Mrs wasn't forgetting it (R3SL :-))

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Seven – Funny year for bikes. I will be getting non for the next couple.

New "bike bike" in Feb – Titus El Guapo – lovely…..

New hardtail – Boardman that became a Cove handjob (only counting as 1)

Spotted this on here the day we found out we got our bonus for the year and always want to try a SS (tried it, didn't like it, too lazy). But loved the look of it.

A cheap Ebay BMX for local pump track (sorry no picture). Quickly discovered my BMX days are long gone, so sold it and the singlespeed (also not for me) and got a DMR sidekick, so I'm down with the kids (not)

So all was good, Titus, Cove and DMR, then some feckers stole my Cove and wifes fsr XC, so we got these as replacements

So technical 6 for me and 1 for her. To be fair it was a strange year, no new bikes last year and normally only 1 a year (HT 1 year and FS the next)

sor
    Free Member

Just bought one, but it was my first 'crosser and also my first singlespeed. Regret selling the MTB (even though it was to my nephew who's been happily enjoying it since) as I've yet to replace it.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Charge duster (sold now), santa cruz blur (sold now), ti 456, felt sector bmx, inbred ss
    Think will stick with the last 3 for 2010 – plus my cheap roadbike.

beej

Just the one, an Orbea Orca with SRAM Red, Cosmic Carbone wheels. It's very pretty. I choose road bikes on looks.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I haven't bought a bike this year. My bike's just so damn good, I don't want nothin' new. 😉

bigsi
    Free Member

Can't quite believe this thread is an hour old and no sign of Ton yet, perhaps he's trying to remember them all 😉

Oh and its 3 for me April saw my first 29er which was a Viper 29er then in summer i got an old Peugeot pub bike off of a mate and finally I've just finished building the Singular Swift.

Hoping for 3 more for next year 😛

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, Ton'l still be counting 😉 .

I've got nothing planned for next year . . . yet (especially with two of my lads planning uni for September) but it was a quick browse of my er, timeline that prompted the thread as I seem to have a bit of a thing for Jan/Feb/March purchases . . . we'll see 😕

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

@ mamadirt, if you're collecting s&m's, i've got a NG Holmes frame, bare finish with clearcoat sat in the van doing nothing. Would be happy to sell for a small fee.

metalheart
    Free Member

Just the one complete this year, Chumba vf2:

Also rebuilt the Cotic (having robbed half of it for the chumba…)

Mister-P
    Free Member

My shed seems to have had a different bike in it every couple of months over the past year.

ton

ventana
    stiffee
    chumba
    mary ss
    mary geared
    spesh rockhopper
    fisher 29r x2
    mm bop
    blue pig
    nicolai
    stiffee
    sand on one 29r

omfg, i need to get some therapy………………….retail therapy.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Only 12 Ton? . . . there's still time 😉

rusty trowel – Member

@ mamadirt, if you're collecting s&m's, i've got a NG Holmes frame, bare finish with clearcoat sat in the van doing nothing. Would be happy to sell for a small fee.

Not so much 'collecting' rusty, more 'short-term testing' 😉 – the NG dirtbike is on ebay at the mo' but I'm sure there'll be another along in the new year. Wish I'd never sold the dirtbike resto project though – I spent a lot of time and effort on that one. If you're looking to sell the Holmes I'm sure there are plenty of folks over on radbmx.co.uk who'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

2 for me- a Ribble Winter frmae & Forks, built u with 105 for the winter..

And a Heckler Frame, now complete..

firestarter
    Free Member

sold 7 bought 6 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Sold two, bought 1.

Daffy

naokfreek
    Free Member

Jesus Ton!!!

recently bought a Mountain Cycle Rumble ltd edition frame, have an old Kona frame so….nothing complete yet, but should be two more bikes soon….ish.

Will only be two though as my Rocky Mountain has 2 cracks and will be replaced with the rumble.

Would like a big bouncer for the alps but we'll see about that.

langy
    Free Member

Bought 1 complete… so restrained! 😆

Hopefully a roadie next year at some point to replace the "heavy & clunky" thing I commute on now – I'm on it close to 2 hours a day, 4-5 days a week, might as well be something nice to spend that time on.

Maybe a BMX/DJ/faff about in the gutter/play bike too so I can muck around with the nephews and learn to manual, wheelie, bunny-hop, etc properly. Double up as an errands bike too (I don't go to the pub, the local ones are crap! 🙁 )

andrewh
    Free Member

Only 2, and one was a time-trial bike off ebay.

But the other was a 19 and a bit pound Yeti ASR-Carbon 😀 Bought it in March but still paying off the overdraft…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘How many this year then??’ is closed to new replies.