Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • How many STWers have just one bike?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

Mr Whoppit: ironically, small people are the reason I only have one.

sponging little feckers

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes – just one MTB, my trusty old Trek HT (ok and one road bike for road/TT and tris). Seriously itching to buy a new one. Tested a few over past 12 months and found some that made riding easier, faster and marginally more fun. But in each case the marginal fun was nowhere near sufficient to cover the cost of the bikes and better skills have closed the gap somewhat. So I have stuck with old faithful with different tires depending on the need (Ralps or Nobbies). I really struggle to justify current prices and choke on MTB reviews that describe £ks bikes as astonishing value and/or ripe for upgrades.

lowey

Me. I only ever have one bike.

5 Spot.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

ONLY ONE BIKE?!

dogman3666
    Free Member

Just got one…

One Kinesis hardtail
    One Marin Attack Trail
    One Spesh Epic
    One Giant Reign

Looking to offload the Giant tho, any takers.
    Got an advert in classifieds

piemonster

You single bike owners….

……you disgust me

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got *cough* more than one.. I woulnd’t be TOO upset if I had to go down to one MTB, but I’d really miss not having a road bike as well.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Deux!!

A HT (soon to be carbon FS Missile) MTB

and a langster.. 🙂

funkmasterp

Just have a Bfe here, more than enough bike for me. Although a commuter is tempting 🙂

iainc

Had a big rationalisation this year. Now one mountain bike, one road bike and one CX bike. Happy with this and less money going out on spares and maintenance.

earl_brutus

Sorely tempted to have just the ONE , my sc blur lt, ive been thinking about selling all the others for years…….

Ed2001
    Free Member

Not since I was 10,no.

dab

Yup
    One spesh Stumpjumper evo 26er

I do have a “loan” of a classic kona cinder cone to commute on but tbh I just want to ride the evo

I had a bit of an off period with it but a few decent rides and its all good now

tenfoot

I have 4 mountain bikes, but only one of them is less than 12 years old.

noteeth
    Free Member

Part of me would like to cut down to one bike, for the sake of simplicity…. however, being spiritually weak, I am unable to renounce multiple bike ownership, so:

Main mountain bike: Bontrager Race (plus, uuh, a few spare frames & a Bontrager Privateer S/S). I ride this pretty much most of the time.

Other bike: Rocky Mountain Blizzard, for somewhat more relaxed all-day stuff (in theory).

Commute on a Surly Cross-Check or a Brompton, depending. The Brompton needs some TLC, actually.

Raleigh beach cruiser stashed at the senior Noteeths for rolling to the pub.

Slowly building up a Gunnar CX… and I should really get around to building up my Supercross BMX race bike.

I just need to live in a house where having bikes in the sitting room/kitchen is acceptable behaviour. 😕

cfinnimore
    Free Member

On One Inbred.

It’s spectacular and I wouldn’t ask for anything else.

Components on the other hand, well, I could build several SS bikes if i had the disposable income to buy frames.

Anyone got a DB Alpine to sell me?

busydog
    Free Member

Only one here–Ibis Mojo—plenty enough for me

fingerbike
    Free Member

How long before the N+1 sets in with you single bike people?

Managed to get down to 3 mountain bikes (Please note that I put mountain bikes).

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Yup, just one here.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have one of each type 😛 BMX, road bike, full sus and soon to have a hardtail. That should just about cover it.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m selling my commuter if you want to take it to the next level. Alas I have accumulated 6 bikes and need to reduce to 5.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

one here, there is a purity about just having one. You can only love one bike truly… people with more than one are neglecting there other bikes,…who knows the hell they go through in the shed whilst they are out on their other preferred choice that day? 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

A Dartmoor shine is the only bike I have that works. Nearly have enough bits to build a ht

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve 4 mountain bikes, all hardtails.

The main bike is only 2 years old but looks more trashed than the 20 year old one, but all the parts are new and mountain bikes are meant to be trashed are they ? 😉

Got a ” shopping ” bike that I can leave locked up in town which I only gave £40 for from our local arkwrights type LBS with a 3 month warranty, a 13 year old that I got off my mate that got me back into cycling, and my first ever mountain bike, its only a Raleigh but Nan bought it me so its got sentimental value.

Still have a tinkering after a road bike after doing 56 mile on the main bike the other week and taking a few days to recover 😳

HansRey

i have 4 bikes, and another coming today.

I think i’m gonna sell one soon, however. I’m tired of constantly repairing bikes. I might sell the DH bike too, seen as it’s as flat as pancakes over here.

…then i’m pretty certain that i’ll get a road bike to build up the collection. Oh my days… 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t get this constantly repairing thing.

Surely if you have four bikes you ride each one 1/4 as much, so you only have to fix it 1/4 as often?

Keva
    Free Member

I have three bikes and that’s exactly why I have three, so I don’t have to contantly maintain them. When I was doing all my mileage on one bike it seemed I was constantly replacing chains, cassettes, tyres, brakes, wearing out bearings and all sorts. Now the mileage is spread accross three bikes they’re much easier to maintain and keep in good condition.

HansRey

my bikes were left untouched for 6months due to the winter, injuries and lack of cash to replace/repair parts. I’ve had problems with needing to service forks, rebleed brakes, greasing things up, removing seized components, replace worn drivetrain, sourcing the tools, fettling with front derailleurs, etc. The actual work is quite routine, but when you have 4 bikes to prepare for the short summer time, it does become a chore.

Karinofnine

Got more than one bike…

@noteeth: I have bikes in my lounge, and my bedroom – in my home it is not acceptable NOT to have bikes in the lounge 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

i had 6 at one point…then got married and decided to scale down the collection to 3 (1 DH bike, 1 AM f/s and 1 ht) which i was happy with…then we bought a house which being smaller i had to sell off another bike (the AM bike)…was happy with 2 bikes and was looking to add a new AM bike until a few weeks ago when some scumbag stole the dh bike from the shed…now i have just the one which i’d just rebuilt onto a f/s AM frame but hope to add a new addition to it soon….wife may not be too happy about it especially when she finds them both living in the house… 😆

falkirk-mark

Dunno about the extra maintenance as you are using 2 bikes so therefore halving the wear on them also it means if one is knacked you can just use the other whilst you fix the other at your leisure.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘How many STWers have just one bike?’ is closed to new replies.