Viewing 36 posts - 161 through 196 (of 196 total)
  • How many showers per day?
  • wilburt
    Free Member

Because your calling people who dont scrub themselves down with carbolic everyday stinking mongrels or whatever it was.

That’s clearly not the case, some people like you msy dogmatically wash every day regardless, others are more flexible but equally hygenic. Seems from this thread their are arguments for both ways.

I’m sure people of either camp are equally capable of looking after their personal hygiene without the help of your smart arse comments.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Wilburt..and on the particular post to which you are referring ..tell me what bit of ” said very much tongue in cheek “..did a man of your undoubted and superior intellect not understand ?
    I was having a little fun…genius eh ?

MrSmith
    Free Member

The one who feels smug and superior about whatever he does or doesn’t do

I don’t see anything smug or superior about basic hygiene/washing? It’s not like we don’t all have access to hot water and a clean towel, it’s not 1950 and that snooty one at number 5 has got an indoor loo and one of those new fangled washing machines and feels the need to tell everyone!?

Hey look at me! I have a flushing toilet! 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

As an aside I just had a quick shower after posting the above 8 minutes ago according to STW software.
    It’s not like you have to struggle to find the time or plan your day round doing so.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If you shower before bed it does make the bedclothes seem to last longer before needing a wash.

I wonder how the extra energy used in the showers compares to the reduced frequency of washing (and tumble drying…) the bedclothes.

Plus the shower before bed might lead to a better nights sleep.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

When fitting our new bathroom we included a “muslim shower” next to the loo – a shower hose that can reach the undercarriage for bidet-style cleanliness after crapping.

I was thinking of one of those bidet-toilets that shoots a jet up your backside, as I tried one in a hotel once and it was good…

But I ended up with one of these douche showers, and very good it is too.

Except that I don’t have good water pressure in the house so if I think I am going to ‘need’ it I start the hot tap running on the sink so by the time I am ready for it the spray from the shower will be warm/hot 🙂

The cost of one is offset by the amount of toilet paper you save 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Wtf? Marketing really works, doesn’t it? Twice a day! Get over yourselves!

you’d be a fool not to clean that gunk off at least once a day.

Gunk? If your body is oozing gunk, you’ve got a problem.

I didn’t shower this morning. My skin is clean, odour-free and soft. My wife didn’t either, and she is soft and sweet as always. You’ve been sold an idea of what ‘clean’ should be by people who make the stuff you need to be ‘clean’. And smelling ‘clean’ does not mean stinking of chemicals.

Since marrying someone with a hyper-sensitive nose I’ve come to recognise and hate the stink of artificial perfumes and they are bloody everywhere. I’m not one for knee-jerk anti-establishment cynicism – I don’t make my own cleaning products or knit bamboo underwear or that crap – but even one shower a day is excessive and if you think you stink without it you are either Howard Hughes or have a medical problem.

Are you sitting there sweating now? Maybe your heating is on far too high all the time?

There are loads of people who think they don’t smell or need a shower but it’s obvious they do.

Those people who don’t stink – how do you know if they showered that morning or not?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“Even your best friend won’t tell you”

spekkie
    Free Member

Maybe when we build our B&B I can offer bedrooms without bathrooms for the British guests.

“Every cloud” and all that 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

Those people who don’t stink – how do you know if they showered that morning or not?

No idea, but then I don’t care because they don’t reek, I do know that not washing is highly likely to be the cause of those that do.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep two a day here… at well lit big house/crap car towers

I cant get to sleep now if I don’t have a quick shower before bed… I just lie there feeling icky.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do know that not washing is highly likely to be the cause of those that do.

Also, those that stink – you don’t know how long it’s been since they did, do you?

They might’ve not washed for a week, whereas non-stinky people might’ve not washed for three days.

plumber
    Free Member

2 or 3 times a week unless some exercise in involved

often before bed

molgrips
    Free Member

towels get used once

WHAT?!

I’m always pretty manky by the end of the day

What do you do to get manky?

Generally I shower after exercise, which makes it 3-5 times a week.

simondbarnes

Every morning. It wakes me up. After exercise too.

DezB
    Free Member

I do know that not washing is highly likely to be the cause of those that do.

Very much more likely to be the clothes they are wearing.

elzorillo
    Free Member

There’s a bloke at my club showers 3 times a day.. he also opens doors/gates with his feet, refuses to touch people, insists on spraying everyone/everything with antibacterial spray and wraps his steering wheel in tissue.

I shower maybe three times a week.. more if I train… If I needed multiple showers in one day due to smelling I’d be addressing the cause not washing more.

johndoh
    Free Member

There’s a bloke at my club showers 3 times a day.. he also opens doors/gates with his feet, refuses to touch people, insists on spraying everyone/everything with antibacterial spray and wraps his steering wheel in tissue.

He quite clearly has issues – that is a disorder, not cleanliness.

airtragic
    Free Member

Once a day before bed. Exercise after work so that works quite well. The problem comes with cycle commuting; I can’t not shower after a fast hour on the bike. Possibly irrational but there we are. I’m also required to be clean shaven for work (my face!) and can’t get away with the night before, plus my shirt needs to be ironed and then not squeezed into a bag. All of this makes cycle commuting a logistical challenge for the military chap, especially when work doesn’t have a shower!

molgrips
    Free Member

The Michael Moseley programme on bacteria was interesting. The best way it seems to keep bacteria in check is to have a good range of types; they keep each other in check.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I wonder how the extra energy used in the showers compares to the reduced frequency of washing (and tumble drying…) the bedclothes.

if you are trying to argue its environmentally better to have more showers it would make sense to argue not to tumble dry . I have never used a tumble drier in my life

airtragic
    Free Member

Fake news. Bet you’ve stayed in hotels.

Edit: my smiley didn’t work. I too don’t own a drier, but then I’ve got no kids…

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have kids but i have never tumble dried them either 😉

funkmasterp

Wtf? Marketing really works, doesn’t it? Twice a day! Get over yourselves!

Or, you know, maybe some of us actually enjoy having a shower every day. Crazy bastards aren’t we? 😉

airtragic
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    i have kids but i have never tumble dried them either

That’s political correctness gone mad, you vegan hippy. Builds character. I was always tumble dried, never did me any harm and was very useful, growing up in Glasgow.

whitestone
    Free Member

Today’s train home (didn’t ride in today because of ic) was packed – overriding smell from sweaty fellow passengers – stale tobacco! Yeuch!! To be fair it was probably only one or two people but it STANK!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Today’s a two shower day (1 pre brekkie, 2nd post gym), yesterday was a no shower day.

Does that make me a clean freak or a dirty minger?

I have never used a tumble drier in my life

Warm fluffy towels are one of life’s great pleasures.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am off to tumble dry the kids till they are as soft as fluffy towels

EDIT: DO i shower them first and if so what do i dry them with ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Or, you know, maybe some of us actually enjoy having a shower every day. Crazy bastards aren’t we?

It’s more aimed at the people who talk about having to shower off the gunge twice a day minimum. Seriously.

aracer
    Free Member

Me too – though sometimes that means I have 3 showers in a day, and given my current exercise frequency it’s normally 6 times a week.

The interesting thing here is that if I’m doing regular exercise then I tend not to smell even if I get a bit sweaty – it’s when I’m not that I get a bit of a stink just from sitting in a hot room. I’m wondering how much exercise some people on here really do…

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t forget the fabric conditioner if you want them to be properly fluffy.

funkmasterp

Don’t forget the fabric conditioner if you want them to be properly fluffy.

I use those anti-static sheets when I tumble dry my kids. If I don’t their hair is just impossible to manage.

It’s more aimed at the people who talk about having to shower off the gunge twice a day minimum. Seriously

I’m with you there.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t like fabric softener on towels. I find they are drier and work better without.

aracer
    Free Member

How about kids?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Can’t wait for mine to be reinstalled (10 months). I love a bath, but getting a bit fed up with it now, want a shower. might have 2 a day until the novelty wears off, but yes, 2 a day would mean I’d have to use E45 or Oilatum.

Viewing 36 posts - 161 through 196 (of 196 total)

The topic ‘How many showers per day?’ is closed to new replies.