Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 196 total)
  • How many showers per day?
  • benz
    Free Member

So….Mrs B suffering from irritated skin and went to Dr (well, same time as follow up to previous blood tests).

Dr asked about showering frequency.

Apparently twice per day is excessive.

I thought after getting up then before going to bed was pretty standard….

Is it?

welshfarmer

You best not come and live with me if you think that is standard 🙂

cyclistm
    Free Member

I reckon I have, on average, 3 a day. Allowing for commuting etc

shakers97
    Free Member

I shower once a day. I consider that excessive compared to growing up the 70s and 80s when one bath a week, inc hair wash was all I got.

convert

Once a day with an addition after exercise if the two can’t be intergrated (eg get up, exercise, shower – that’s it for the day). Only exception if ‘dirty work’ necessitated another.

njee20
    Free Member

Normal day: 1
    Commuting day: 2
    Slobbing at Home Day:

Never have one before bed.

malgrey
    Free Member

Eh? Its only January, my birthday’s not till summer!

More than one a day seems a lot to me, excluding after exercise. I’m a one a day, in the morning, type. If I’m not at work, and planning exercise, I leave it until after that.

If I’m away paddling/walking/biking I’m quite happy to go days without if in the proper wilds, with the occasional use of a stream and a very cold damp cloth!

mattyfez

Excessive showering is actually bad for your hair and skin, as you are constantly bombarding yourself with cleaning products, stripping your skin and hair of natural oils.

Twice a day sounds excessive to me unless you’ve been heavily exercising or are physically soiled.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Working and/or away from home, twice a day.

Working at and/or at home, once a day unless I get a lunch ride in.

myti
    Free Member

Why do you need a shower before bed? Unless of course you’re newly dating obviously. 1 shower or bath a day here.

tewit
    Free Member

Does your wife work down t’pit?
    No? Then yeah, 2 a day is strange.
    I’ve a manual job and only bother of I feel the need. But then I’ve been told I’m a mucky sod. 🙂

Cougar

I shower every other day, alternating with a strip wash at the sink. Showering every day ruins my hair.

plyphon
    Free Member

1 a day in the morning, unless I shit myself during the day, which happens tops, TOPS once a week.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@myti yeah but then you just wash it in the sink.

I reckon once a day on average. More if a bike ride etc. If I shower late at night I wont bother in the morning. Unless I’ve had a sweaty night. make of that what you will

jambourgie
    Free Member

physically soiled

Best album name ever.

jonnyboi

Every 2-3 days unless I’m exercising or commuting in which case it’s after the cycle

Yak

1 normally.
    Maybe another if I have got sweaty/muddy.
    Sometimes 0

Kids – every other day.
    All of us – shampoo once a week.

edhornby

One a day for me too: usual routine is post bike-commute in work but sometimes I’ll have a Friday after work one if the commuting kit is minging, just a quick rinse.

A flannel in the evening when you wash yourself in the shape of the cross would be ok (unless groin armpit face are the areas OP s missus went to the GP)

TheBrick
    Free Member

Before bed. Plus after exercise. Not showing before bed if you share a bed is descusting

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Once a day, occasionally twice if needed after sweaty exercise. Sometimes none at all.

wilburt
    Free Member

I think people in general wash much too much.
    I’ve had one shower so far this year but on average it’ll be about every third day.
    Possibly an extra one here and there if I’ve been in a ride.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Not showing before bed if you share a bed is descusting

Get out of town. Much prefer a funky sex pit.

cheers_drive

Once a day with an addition after exercise if the two can’t be intergrated (eg get up, exercise, shower – that’s it for the day). Only exception if ‘dirty work’ necessitated another.

This, with shampooing every other day. If early start I’ll shower evening before unless it’s a hot night.

footflaps

What on earth is ‘descusting’, sounds like some sort of dessert….

wilburt
    Free Member

Oh yes showers should be before bed or not at all. Showering in the morning is irrational.

mattyfez

An excessively hot shower is also bad for hair and skin, comfortably warm, yes ok, but if you can’t see your hand in front of your face for steam afterwards, you’re doing it wrong.

richmars

Twice a day when riding to/from work, but I don’t always use soap, just water.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I thought the great unwashed was just a metaphorical expression

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It’s not the showering that is the problem, it’s the chemical infested soap products we use when in the shower. I too suffer from skin irritations if I shower every day, so if I do shower I’ll try not to use any soap. If I’ve had a session in the gym there is no need for soap – a shower is fine as you’re washing your sweat off you. Post exercise smell comes from bacteria in your sweat so if you wash it off in a shower then you won’t smell afterwards. If I’ve been out on the bike I’ll shower with soap because I’m usually pretty mucky afterwards.

redmex
    Free Member

I could easy have 4 showers a day with the wooster bosh hi pressure shower, working outside what better to get a good body temperature and smell good at the same time
    There are a few mingers on here

perchypanther
    Free Member

I just constantly lick myself.

The hair balls can be a bit problematic

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not as bad as your spelling.
    Any why is it?

I used to shower before bed but the was when I used to start work at 7am 6 days a week, and I preferred 10 minutes extra sleep. Now just once a day in the morning, even though I cycle to work (It’s only a 7 mile round trip)
    Very very occasionally I skip a day. I felt like crap the other week and just slobbed around all day. Couldn’t be arsed.

sirromj

It’s not the showering that is the problem, it’s the chemical infested soap products we use when in the shower.

Have you tried Faith in Nature products? I use daily before spraying with deorderant from alu can.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m with wilburt on this.

If I’m not getting a sweat on, which is often at this time of year, every 3 days is enough & believe me, Mrs Egf would let me know if I needed a wash.
    Plus, having a shower like ours, I’m saving loads of water.

spekkie
    Free Member

I’m a clean freak by comparison to you lot! 2 every day without fail and sometimes 3 or 4!

Shower every morning as soon as I get up, even if I’m going cycling. Shower again after riding and then have another one before bed. If I don’t shower before bed I sleep badly and wake early, feeling mingy.

Also, I would shower before getting dressed up and going out for the evening and shower again when I get home before bed, especially in the old days when people smoked in pubs and clubs.

In my defense, I have perfected the “Turbo-Shower” whereby I can wash my hair and body all over in 3 or 4 mins.

hairyscary

On a normal working day I will shower before work and that will be it for the day. If I had a physical job it would be twice a day…….when I was an aircraft fitter I would end up dripping with sweat just cracking off a set of nuts!
    If I’m doing any form of exercise I will shower immediately afterwards…….see above.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Normally once a day, sometimes not. Only ever more often if I’ve got sweaty i.e used to be twice a day when I commuted by bike.

Not had a bath for at least 15 years.

breadcrumb

I work in a dirty environment so one shower each day after work. I’ll have a shower in the morning if I’ve worked up a sweat 😉

Cougar

I would end up dripping with sweat just cracking off a set of nuts!

We’ve all been there.

Houns

Those oddballs that shower before bed but not in the morning…. Doesn’t it wake you up at night? Don’t you feel manky in the morning? Surely a shower in the morning wakes you up and makes you feel fresh for the day? If I don’t shower in the morning I feel grimy and sluggish

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 196 total)

The topic ‘How many showers per day?’ is closed to new replies.