Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How many people post under different names and why?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

As above – why?

Buzzard
    Free Member

I saw your other post on "most STW posts" and I had the very same question following that conversation

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps those people won't own up Buzzard 😉

ton

i did onece, but got found out rather quickly.
    i was under the influence of booze tho.
    i apologised loads and loads after……… 8)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Turning into alter egos annonymous 😉 No pun intended ton 🙂

duntstick
    Free Member

Lots of people defected to 'Mlehworld' some time ago, but don't like to admit that this is a better forum and can't stay away! 😆

shedfull
    Free Member

Because, after I've blathered on about my carbon this and brand new that, they would shortly no longer be mine. Also, there are a few nutters on internet forums who would happily turn a disagreement on something menial into a war of words and threats against person and property. Imagine what these loons would do if they had your name and could find out your home address or where you worked.

I used to post on a motorcycling forum under my own name and got into a disagreement with another bloke over something trivial. My girlfriend picked up a phone call at 3am one morning and was told, in no uncertain terms, what a c**t I am. This may be true but I had no other enemies at the time and he'd found my home number and was now talking to my other half. I didn't sleep for a while after that.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh no you missunderstand me – post here under different names i.e. Foxyrider and Vixenslayer = same person 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I used to have two identities on here, one "work" and one "social" but it was too much bother logging in and out so now I just have this one.

shedfull
    Free Member

Ahh no you missunderstand me – post here under different names i.e. Foxyrider and Vixenslayer = same person

Oh, right.

Schizophrenia?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yah, alter egos or split personality disorders etc 😉

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

It must be people who haven't got enough bloody log in and password details to remember as it is. I've 5 to remember at work and about a dozen at home. FFS. *shakes head*

amodicumofgnar

Anyone ever been caught arguing with themselves just to keep a thread going?

GW
    Free Member

mainly sad attention seeking cowards! same with the ones that change name every few months.

jedi

i been the same bloke for years 🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I revert to WorldClassAccident when not promoting a particular event.

I only chose this name because I got told off for mentioning the Big Bike Bash on unrelated threads and this seemed to circumvent their word searches.

Childish I know but this is STW

foxyrider
    Free Member

I am a bit of an A.S.H. sometimes but still use one name 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How many people post under different names and why?’ is closed to new replies.