Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How many people does it take to change a light bulb?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Well, if it is the brake light on a Ford S-Max the answer is 3 and it took 40 minutes. Meh.

fasthaggis

I feel your pain .
    The headlight bulb in a Honda civic that we had (passenger side) was a nightmare 👿

z1ppy

Had a RAC offer to trailer me home, rather than diassemble the whole front end of a Ceed to get to an indicator bulb (I drove). Same guy said a number of cars are now like this (volvo’s especially IIRC)

Harry_the_Spider

Never has spending £3.99 for the Halfords fitting service been more worth while. They had all the tools and a selection of different sized hands.

hooli

Or any ford from what I understand from one of the guys I ride with. He works at halfords doing that stuff in the carpark and fiesta headlight bulbs are the least favourite

bensales
    Free Member

My Jag is a good 40 minutes if you want to do both headlights. You’ve actually got to take the headlight unit completely off the car to change the bulb. And the bolts to do so are helpfully in the front wheel arch.

I contemplated letting Halfords do it, then though of the cost of a replacement headlight should said Halfords monkey drop one. Did it myself.

xcgb
    Free Member

Had a RAC offer to trailer me home, rather than diassemble the whole front end of a Ceed to get to an indicator bulb (I drove). Same guy said a number of cars are now like this (volvo’s especially IIRC)

You called the RAC cos your bulb had blown?

cranberry
    Free Member

Halfords bulb fitting service can be a bargain ( especially after you’ve spent 2 man hours cutting your hands to shreds trying to fit a headlight bulb into an illegitimate Volvo )

For my Defender bulb replacement involves 2 screws and circa 1 minute.

lilchris
    Free Member

Halfords fitting service

That’s your problem, right there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Those damn sidelights on my TT keep blowing, I have had each side replaced at least 5 times in 12mths…grrrrr. Not like they are easy to get too either… grrrrr.

Harry_the_Spider

Nothing wrong with the Halfords that I used today. The job was a bastard to do and it was cold. Even the duty manager got involved. She was the only one with small enough hands.

cranberry
    Free Member

That’s your problem, right there.

To Clarify, myself and another bloke spent ages trying to fit the bulb and failed. Halfords fitted it for a couple of quid.

z1ppy

xcgb – Member
    You called the RAC cos your bulb had blown?

I called the RAC, after I (& colleagues) looked couldn’t see how to replace it, on a Hire car.. it was a free service provided & would you believe it’s actually illegal to drive a car with a broken indicator, so yes I took the opportunity to use the free cover included in the hire…

wwaswas

it’s actually illegal to drive a car with a broken indicator,

but you chose to it anyway?

lilchris
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the Halfords that I used today

Right behind kwit shit in the “never to be let loose on my car” list.

z1ppy

Yep, it was the front one, so I took my chances

GrahamS

+1 for Halfords fitting.

Particularly useful when it is pitch black and pissing down with rain.
    £4 well spent 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

fiesta headlight bulbs are the least favourite

+1

For such a basic everyday car replacing the headlight bulb is a major PITA

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How many people does it take to change a light bulb?’ is closed to new replies.