Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • How many of your bikes are actually ridable at any one time?
  • portlyone

4 out of 4. The Chameleon needs new gear cables and maybe a new drive train but it’s rideable if not a little annoying.

soobalias
    Free Member

if two bikes are out of action at the same time, im really busy.

currently all four (of mine) are running.

tomhoward

Running at 50% capacity at the moment. More because i’m enjoying riding the built up one too much to be bothered finishing off the other…

fasthaggis

7 out of 7 running ,although I am just about to attack the CX bike,
    as it needs a bit of TLC before changing to summer tourer mode.
    🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

3 out of 4. I have the majority of a full sus sat in the shed, which I’m keeping for uplifts and will just end up sharing the wheels between both mtbs depending whether I want to ride HT or FS!

mboy
    Free Member

When I woke up Sunday morning it was zero out of 3. Fixed the hardtail (new pads, sort the broken fork lockout lever out, and more sealant in front tyre) and went and rode it.

Just fixed the ghost puncture on the back of the road bike, so am gonna go ride it now, and I’m up to 2 out of 3.

Just need to get busy wheelbuilding for the full sus bike, and I’ll be back to all 3.

I hate not always having fully rideable bikes, but when times are hard you have to prioritise. Couple of years ago, I owned 4 mountain bikes and was in a good job. Lost my job, 4 useable mountain bikes quickly descended into 1 useable bike, and 3 needing some TLC sat languishing in the garage.

ourmaninthenorth

3 out of 5.

Winter road bike has a cracked frame, and so is to be retired.

MTB is currently awaiting new gear cables (and, when I’ve bought a new front wheel, a change of forks).

VassagoJay
    Free Member

2x Road bikes fully built
    1x SS road bike fully built
    1x SS 29er fully built
    1x Ti HT fully built
    1x Felt beach cruiser fully built

1x right knee – torn cartilage! so whilst the bikes are ridable the rider is ready for the knackers yard !

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Both mine are always rideable. I can’t sleep if either one is incomplete.

rocketman
    Free Member

This also includes my 3 Yamaha R1’s/.

Three R1s?

Pics pls

weeksy

Strictly speaking, the Red 05 (5VY) model belongs to Mrs Weeksy. However it was bought by me and is maintained by me…. and sometimes ridden by me. However i much prefer my other 2. Track bike pics are from Silverstone about 10 days ago. My mate is on his BMW S1000RR in the background.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Strictly speaking, the Red 05 (5VY) model belongs to Mrs Weeksy. However it was bought by me and is maintained by me…. and sometimes ridden by me. However i much prefer my other 2. Track bike pics are from Silverstone about 10 days ago. My mate is on his BMW S1000RR in the background.

Looks more like a Citroen Picasso to me mate…the motoring equivalent of elasticated waist trousers 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

very nice the first one looks like a proppa weapon

I’ve only got the one:

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

We have 10 bikes at The Bike Palace – 60% of the time they work everytime!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘How many of your bikes are actually ridable at any one time?’ is closed to new replies.