Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • how many of you ride with elbow/knee pads regularly?
  • badllama
    Free Member

If I’m doing a local ride I don’t any more (including Delamere) but Lakes, Rivi or anywhere with gnar Knee Pads every ride (661’s).

Elbow pads even though I own a pair I just cannot get on with them so I don’t wear them.

poah
    Free Member

everytime I go offroad – my pack also has a back protector in it.

andyrm
    Free Member

Kneepads every ride, and either my Evoc bag with back protector or my Alpinestars (preferred choice) Evo vest.

Very aware I’m getting older, injuries are harder to shake off and time off work due to injury not an option with a family to feed.

Pads are so good now and at such sensible prices that I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t use them. As has been said, our bikes take us into steeper, nastier terrain at higher speed than ever before, and with that comes increased risk.

hairyscary

Really depends on where I am, what mood I’m in and who I’m riding with.

It will range from Lycra jey boy to knee pads and a full face.

mattbee

Knee pads every ride, elbows & back protector for ‘big’ rides.
    I’m self employed and I am mindful of losing time at work due to a silly injury that could have been avoided.
    Last set of staples in my knee from a daft off on a ‘xc’ ride cost me a few weeks work.
    I’d rather look a bit ridiculous heading off on QECP’s red trail with pads on than not earn.
    As a bonus, come winter the knee pads keep the joins lovely and warm so I don’t seem to suffer quite so many aches after riding.

AD

Lightweight knee pads (Race Face) virtually every off road ride. Still nursing bruised ribs from a relatively slow speed off a week ago – I did lose some skin off my knees but I suspect it would have been worse without the pads! Basically I heal more slowly than I used to so light pads seem like a good idea. The Race Face ones are fairly unobtrusive and comfortable so no downside really.
    Worst injury in terms of skin loss and infection was on a road bike – I wish I’d been wearing elbow pads then!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Why’s an uplift day any different? ‘Scuse ignorance but wouldn’t you just be riding down the same stuff anyway, except you don’t have to pedal uphill?

Not having to pedal uphill so your legs wont get hot and sweaty. You’l be doing more downhill in the day than a normal ride, so greater chance of injury.

For me its knee pads pretty much every ride except xc the local beer league xc races and even then I’ll wear them sometimes depending on the trail being used.

Don’t have elbow pads, but probably would wear them when riding the DH bike if I could find something good and low profile.

FF + Core/back protector when on the DH bike.

hammyuk
    Free Member

mattbee – Member
    Knee pads every ride, elbows & back protector for ‘big’ rides.
    I’m self employed and I am mindful of losing time at work due to a silly injury that could have been avoided.
    Last set of staples in my knee from a daft off on a ‘xc’ ride cost me a few weeks work.
    I’d rather look a bit ridiculous heading off on QECP’s red trail with pads on than not earn.
    As a bonus, come winter the knee pads keep the joins lovely and warm so I don’t seem to suffer quite so many aches after riding.

Come to work with more staples and I’ll add a few more personally…. 😉

zelak999
    Free Member

Knee pads every ride. Smashed my knee bad once without them, pretty superstitious about wearing them now!

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘how many of you ride with elbow/knee pads regularly?’ is closed to new replies.