Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • How many of you on strike just worked a 90+hr week like my City team…
  • jhw
    Free Member

and are working another one this week, and worked another the previous week?

I would just like an answer to the question.

Thanks.

project
    Free Member

but what do you do.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yawn

mrplow
    Free Member

Looking fwd to a day out at Glentress tomorrow :D:D:D:D

bruneep

how many people have rescued from a flat fire and have performed cpr on this week?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t do a 90 hr week. I care about my health both mental and physical

Esme
    Free Member

Does that make you an “asky person” ? 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Do one virgil.

Northwind

jhw – Member

Why?

aracer
    Free Member

Well it is a relief to the rest of us that there are still chaps like you working so hard for the good of society your own pockets.

jhw
    Free Member

I’m really very to the left and am not making a political point here.

I would just like to know, though. Over a third of my salary went to the taxman this month, and I’m actually struggling to make ends meet (despite being City).

What is the moral basis for civil servants/public sector having a better pension and greater job security? (that’s not a rhetorical question – I’m genuinely interested to hear answers).

Law.

sweepy
    Free Member

I manage to do a proper job in 37.5

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

A lawyer – that explains a few things.

Mantastic
    Free Member

You win the most hours worked in a week award, I sadly for this willy waving competition have a balance between my family, work and reality so can’t enter.

Ps what on earth do you do that requires that much time, slave to the pound?

user-removed
    Free Member

You’ve chosen to drive yourself into the ground in a (hopefully) very well paid profession – please don’t complain about those who have chosen just to be ‘comfortable’, who have also worked hard to get where they are and just maybe have solid moral and altruistic reasons for choosing a career (not striking – small business owner). Go vent yer spleen elsewhere.

winstonsmith

so how effectively do you think someone is working by the 85th hour of a 90 hour week?

sc-xc

As above. If you’re not good enough to do your job in around 40 hours…you should consider additional training/coaching.

Kuco

bland

Law.

I agree, criminals should work at least a 90hr week!

alexpalacefan

90 hours a week? You need to take a long, hard look at yourselves.

Get a life sums it up perfectly.

APF

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Most of us are not that stupid and most public servants would not be allowed to do that as the consequences of the mistakes they would make being that overtired are that people would die.

This is why doctors are limited by law to a 48 hr week for example.

there is no excuse for a 90 hr week – your productivity will have fallen to virtually zero, your health both physical and mental will suffer.

Must be a very easy job that you could even contemplate that many hours

You are breaking the law as well.

jhw
    Free Member

I would choose to do something “comfortable” if I could, in a second – but I can’t go public sector because there are no vacancies because all the jobs are occupied by unsackable people many of whom are way less qualified than me.

I’m doing this because I have to, not out of choice. How do you morally justify being insulated from the socio-economic pressures the rest of us are subject to?

trailmonkey

TandemJeremy – Member
    I wouldn’t do a 90 hr week. I care about my health both mental and physical

i’d worry about the mental and physical health of your patients if you did a 90 hour week

project
    Free Member

jhw ,but what do you do, bed tester, sleep analyser,sperm donor etc

partyboy
    Free Member

Looking fwd to a day out at Glentress tomorrow :D:D:D:D

I’m glad I’m working, the trail centres will be rammed with workshy fannies 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I only did 39 hrs but 2 colleagues were stabbed, another (female)punched in the face, another had a broken eye socket from another incident, a prisoner covered himself in his own faeces & had to be dragged out of his cell… the list this week is endless.
    90 hrs? did it all the time when I was self employed.
    Why, are you complaining about something?

billyboy
    Free Member

Wot is a “City Team”?
    Wot does a “City Team” do?

Are we supposed to know?

glenh
    Free Member

90 hours a week?

Have you considered getting a life?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Indeed trailmonkey – I would probably have exploded under stress 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

70 hour weeks are part of my rota, I used to do 84 hour weeks when I was on a 12 hour rota. How many of your team are getting paid less than 22k?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Cup of tea anyone?

bruneep

Bravo for you

Junkyard
    Free Member

that over a fortnights work 😯 and we get a better pension, have a life outside of work, spend time with our loved ones and egta warm glow from helping people an making the world a better place…thanks for making the money that keeps me working and powers the UK economy GAWD bless the City

jhw
    Free Member

I know – the hours are obscene – but it’s a tough job market out there and I have to take it. As does literally every other lawyer I know.

So why is it one rule for us and one rule for the public sector?

And why is the City seen as not entitled to £££ given the sacrifice we make? (i.e. everything. See my thread last night about asky dudes – do you have any idea how tough it is to score when you’re working like this??!)

user-removed
    Free Member

Sorry, but you made your choices when you started your career, as did your counterparts who chose less money (for whatever reasons) and the promise of a slightly better pension plan. Zero sympathy – and my wee brother’s a lawyer too!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bullshine you are doing it out of necessity and utter nonsense you are struggling to make ends meet as a city lawyer.

You are breaking the law.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘How many of you on strike just worked a 90+hr week like my City team…’ is closed to new replies.