Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • How many of you Do love a drink?
  • ton

spurred on by the other thread……i love a good drink.
    i might go a couple of weeks without, but when i have a drink i love a proper session.
    i love the atmosphere in a nice pub, and the craic with mates and likeminded folk.
    good ale and good pubs are awesome…….. 8)

tthew

I’m with you Brother. Don’t do it enough though.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

..not half!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m in!

_tom_
    Free Member

Yes I enjoy drinking. Did the Otley Run in Leeds yesterday for my birthday, it was awesome 😀

the_lecht_rocks

me too………………………………………………….. 🙂

imnotamused
    Free Member

Oh yes! 4 days of San Miguel in the Spanish sun for me coming up this week 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I FEKKIN love tea….

mattrgee
    Free Member

Got to be a ‘drinking pub’ not some half hearted effort that mainly does food while ale is just an after thought. A dying breed.

timbur
    Free Member

Waves hand in the air.
    Shame the pubs are so expensive.
    Tim

footflaps

Consume a fair amount of wine at home, and enjoy a glass or three of wine / beer / cocktails of a night out….

matty456
    Free Member

Proper drinking pub with mates and lots of mtb stories flying around!

Don’t do it enough though.

boxfish
    Free Member

Yup. Classic binge drinker too here 😀

jamiep
    Free Member

This month I went about 10 days without a drink as I was ‘training’ for the Tough Mudder.

That is the longest I have ever been without a drink since about 16-17 years old (now 38).

Although when I say I went 10 days without a drink, that doesn’t include the one evening when I had 4 bottles of Desperados and a big Leffe Brun 😉

cheers_drive

Drink most nights of the week. Just a couple of ales / half bottle of wine, large glass whisky. Can’t be doing with binge drinking though.

dantsw13

Ah, the Otley Run – takes me back a few years!! I always struggled to leave Woodies due to the great Ales, and Barmaid with lovely Jugs!!’

fasthaggis

I love a drink for 6 months of the year,zero for the other 6 .
    It works for me 🙂

podman
    Free Member

I enjoy a nice gin & tonic.

househusband

…I think I need to strike a healthy balance between this thread and the other!

😳

Joe

Nope. Rarely ever bother.

singletrackmind

I enjoy drinking beer. Used to get hammered on Red Wine but stick to Real Ale in the winter now , Lager / Cider in the summer.
    Only on a Fri or Sat , and none if riding the next morning.

roger_mellie

Yes indeedy.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Real ales for me, I love the stuff. Love drinking me.

Love it… maybe a bit too much.

In fact I’m off to a mates in 5 minutes to indulge in bike maintenance and beer! 😉

mattmbk
    Free Member

Visit our local almost every Friday night, meet up with my brother and a few friends. We lean on the bar drink too much quality ale, eat pork scratchings and talk absolute rubbish. Perfect antidote to a week at work.

theotherjonv

I’m on both threads. Yes, i do love a night out drinking too; now that I’ve got a grip on it I love a few beers in the pub with friends, laughing out loud, taking the P and all that.

_tom_
    Free Member

I always struggled to leave Woodies due to the great Ales, and Barmaid with lovely Jugs!!’

A bit ashamed to say I didn’t actually have any ale, lager and shots all night 😳

Albanach
    Free Member

On hot port number 2 of the evening… 😀

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Must admit, I’m a bit of a jakie.

dantsw13

Otley Run on Lager and Shots?? Now I feel really old!!

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’m with you all – but really ton, you need to increase the frquecy from 2 weeks

andyrm
    Free Member

Yup – love a good drink with mates.

righog
    Free Member

yeah… Love it having a glass of red now, But ale is were it is at for me. Never better after you have done something to deserve it. I think Yunki said something profound, about drinking on the the other thread, but of course I have forgot it already 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Not really any more to be honest, the odd blow out on a works do and that’s it bar maybe a glass of Rex a couple of times a week

Alcopop
    Free Member

I pure love the bevvy

r17anm
    Free Member

Yep i like a beer i only drink friday to sunday now which works for me but holy sh** am i ready for one by friday !!

ton

I’m with you all – but really ton, you need to increase the frquecy from 2 weeks

last drink was 2 weeks ago, up the lakes with the lads.
    barmaid at the pub at glenridding told me that over the 2 nights the four man round i was in did 28 rounds of helvelynn gold…. 😯

_tom_
    Free Member

Otley Run on Lager and Shots?? Now I feel really old!!

haha I don’t really like session drinking on ale, makes me feel too full and always seems to give me the shits.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

No, don’t drink alcohol at all.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Absolutely! What’s the point of doing things like cycling it it doesn’t enable you to enjoy some of the nicer things in life. You’ve got to feed the soul as well. One thing I miss about summer riding is having a blast round Ambergate, Derbyshire after work and having a pint of decent ale and proper pork pie at the Hollybush. Roll on the summer!

weare138
    Free Member

Went out to a good pub and drank good beer last Sunday. It was for the first time in ages, sat there with some old mates and had a good time. It cheered up one I particular whose misdus as knocked off her bike a few weeks back. We are going to do it more often now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘How many of you Do love a drink?’ is closed to new replies.