Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How many northerners are heading south for the BBB?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I know a few of the northern contingent made it down last year and wondered who would be here this year.

It isn’t that far and there is loads to do. Ask Ton about family friendly and good beer.

It would be good to see some of the manchester mob on my home ground for a change. We might even manage a north vs south competition of some sort.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Technically we are heading about 40 miles North for the BBB. 8)

qwerty
    Free Member

Unfortunately we are going to be camping it up with friends in Devon that weekend so will be unable to make this year. However with the memories of offers of Champagne for my parents from WCA we will be back. All the best for BBB 2012. X

ton

i can honestly say that the BBB is the nicest friendliest event i have ever been to.
    and even the usually weak watery southern beer was ace too. 😆
    Mrs Ton and my daughter enjoyed it too, but are both away this year, so i might be attending by myself or with any other northern layabout who fancies travelling down with me.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m north of the M4 which to a southern softy would make me northern. Ill be there again with the girlyfiend and kids. Can’t wait. We have got a week of camping along the south coast planned for after the event.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Niels, you know that you can stay at the avon tyrell camp site after the big bike bash if you want to. Just book the extra time direct with them. It its a lot cheaper than most other sites in the new forest

brokensoul
    Free Member

I booked it before Xmas. I’ll be with the wife and nephew this year.
    Coming down on the Tuesday or Wednesday before, camping at Avon Tyrrell, so we’ll be looking for a couple of days-worth of things to do/see. Any ideas?

qwerty
    Free Member

Any ideas

Head to Mudeford, crab off the quay, get the ferry over to the beach huts for a play on the beach and an ice cream & then grab a quayside beer on your return.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Any ideas?

Help us set up. 😉

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ll be up for some of that too, Nick. But I’ve got a wife & 9 year old lad to keep happy. 😕

Thanks querty, that’ll be a good day out, ’cause the weather’s going to be glorious that week. 8)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

People from other parts of the country are welcome too.

Just had 1,000 flyers sent over from UK Youth who are running it this year. I will just be there drinking, shouting and shooting my water pistol as usual.

If anyone wants a load of flyers to distribute then please let me know and I will try to get some posted off to you. If you are near Southampton we can meet if that’s easier.

Cheers

TimP
    Free Member

What is this BBB you are talking about?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member
    WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It started as the Single Track Southern Festival which was an idea I dreamed up while pissed one night. Basically i posted an invite on here to anyone to come to my house for a weekend where we would ride around my local trails and then back to my house for a BBQ, a few beers and some music.

I put a thread on here and about 40 people said they would turn up. In the end about 35 did and I knew 5 of them. The rest were total strangers who were sleeping on my floor or camping in the garden.

It was a great weekend and everyone said I had to do it again so they could bring friends. My house and garden isn’t that big so I looked for somewhere else to host this. I found the youth activity centre at Avon Tyrrell which was ideal so borrowed that for the weekend.

The place is to big, so beautiful and has so much to offer the party idea grew into the Big Bike Bash..

The team a STW were involved (slightly) from the start and have been really good. I have only had 2 or 3 bannings for over promoting and reached an agreement where I don’t flood their forum like I did in the first year.

This thread is just about the only mention of the Big Bike Bash I have made this year so please spread the word and buy your tickets early. We use the ticket money to pay for the toilets, stage etc.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How many northerners are heading south for the BBB?’ is closed to new replies.