Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • How many miles in january?
  • gonzy
    Free Member

coming up to 350 miles by the end of today

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

About 160miles.

On the plus side, all on the singlespeed, all but about 20 of that was off road, and 80% of that was on singletrack.

Plan for Febuary is to get the winter road bike finaly sorted in time for, errrrrrrr, SPRING! Then get out on the Sunday club runs (about 250miles/month).

Aiming to crack 5000miles this year, not a mahoosive target, but should be doable with some long summer weekend rides, just need to get enough miles in int he miserable months to make sure that;
    a) I’m fit enough,
    b) I don’t have to do too many!

wwaswas

None 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trickydisco
    Free Member

Around 150… Hardly any 🙁

Guy in our club has hit 930 miles this month. All on a fixie!

He did a 195 mile ride on saturday riding from Bristol to Brecon.. then decided that wasn’t enough so rode down to cheddar and back.. 17 hours in total and 17,000ft of climbing 😯

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

By the end of today i would of just squeesed over the 1000miles mark. Rather lame compared to Decembers 1480 odd. However there has been a whole lot more threashold and above threashold rides this month. They hurt me alot more.

trickydisco
    Free Member

How is it possible to do all these miles? The top guy in UK (7th in the table) has done 2,543 miles this month and 79,190ft of climbing!!!

nosemineb
    Free Member

About 170 ish… running! 8) Hopefully more next month.

Harry_the_Spider

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

1,100km for me. Would have been nearer 1,600km if i’d been able to train more this week.

KonaTC

So far this year I’m really please to have managed 160k on a gym bike, hopefully I will be allowed outside after my appointment with the respiratory consultant next month 🙂

edward2000
    Free Member

ive done about….. 5. Then I fell off and broke my collar bone. What a way to start 2013!!!

kuman
    Free Member

Poor result 84miles, but all mtb fun miles, I don’t count commute.

andrewh
    Free Member

1396. And still have to ride home (the long way if it’s not raining) tonight. That includes 6 road rides over 100miles, and is mostly road to be fair.
    Got 5 days off work in Feb, with the two weekends that makes 9 days in a row, 1,000miles should be doable in the time.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How is it possible to do all these miles? The top guy in UK (7th in the table) has done 2,543 miles this month and 79,190ft of climbing!!!

Unemployed/Student/Pro, or just very fit with a nice commute.

That’s ‘only’ 80 miles a day which isn’t mega miles, especialy when you think of it as a chicken/egg scenario, if you ride 80 miles a day you get fit and 80 seems easy, but trying to do 80 from nothing would be hard.

And IIRC trainer miles count for that challenge, which make it easier if you set the resitance low and the speed high.

stevious

452 miles for me, with 10,417m climbing. Probably about 30% off-road.

No commuting or turbo miles, but then I am in the southern hemisphere.

TPTcruiser

292 miles including the homeward leg of my commute tonight.
    Would have been 300 if I hadn’t opted for the train on Monday evening. 😕

mrblobby
    Free Member

About 350 here, but all turbo intervals so a pretty meaningless figure really. Forecast looks good for Saturday so hopefully get some real miles in 🙂

Edit…

And IIRC trainer miles count for that challenge, which make it easier if you set the resitance low and the speed high.

Really? Doesn’t seem right to include turbo miles in that sort of challenge. I wouldn’t submit mine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There’s no prize, it’s just for fun so the rules were pretty relaxed, GPS plots, trainer sessions, or manualy entered rides counted.

Where a sponsor puts up a prize there’s usualy a GPS uploads only rule.

xc-steve
    Free Member

About 60% on the road 30% off road and 10% turbo the joys of the southwest and no ice!

Count: 46 Activities
    Distance: 711.63 mi
    Time: 55:36:48 h:m:s
    Elevation Gain: 19,115 m
    Avg Speed: 12.8 mph
    Avg HR: 132 bpm
    Avg Bike Cadence: 80 rpm
    Calories: 34,385 C
    Max Avg HR: 167 bpm
    Max HR: 183 bpm
    Max Distance: 50.95 mi
    Max Speed: 44.0 mph

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m clearly trying too hard, my average HR is ~160-165 bpm, threshold work FTW.

Then again my threshold is probably pitiffuly low.

aw
    Free Member

I am nearly up to 400 miles if i can get out before close of play today….i am doing the January mile blas challenge on Strava…you can see my profile at [/url]

I am training for a cycling challenge for Macmillan in Africa. I am flying out on the 2nd (saturday) for 11 days.

Cycling 60 miles a day on geared MTBs typicallly rough road or track.

you can sponsor me at null

Solo
    Free Member

I’ve run over 100 though

then you‘ve gone completely crazyapeshitbonkers

FTFY.
    😉

cakefest
    Free Member

This is hilariously high mileage. 1000 miles in one month is 30 miles a day. Can’t stop laughing.

cp

not that great for me – 276km on the bikes. But I had a couple of weeks of no riding with injury. [edit – commuting adds circa 96km]

42km running

30km ish swimming.

woody2000

It’ll be just over 300 by the time I get home tonight. Not enough! 🙂

jameso

He did a 195 mile ride on saturday riding from Bristol to Brecon.. then decided that wasn’t enough so rode down to cheddar and back.. 17 hours in total and 17,000ft of climbing

This is the guy on a fixed gear? Legend / nutter ) How people do that kind of saddle-time on road amazes me, not so much from a physical pov, more the amazing boredom-tolerance. Don’t mean that as a negative, just wonder how they stick it out.

trickydisco
    Free Member

This is the guy on a fixed gear? Legend / nutter ) How people do that kind of saddle-time on road amazes me, not so much from a physical pov, more the amazing boredom-tolerance. Don’t mean that as a negative, just wonder how they stick it out.

yep.. on this thing

yes, that is a 700c wheel

palmer77
    Free Member

Ok, so 604 in total, 365 commuting, 210 on road and 29 on MTB.

OCB
    Free Member

5 more today, making 32 in total for Jan (and setting me up nicely for Feb – starting off 1 mile ahead of target).

😛

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well it’s Feb tomorrow and I have some time off work so this evening I’ve been planning rides and fitness regime that all being well take me back to the land of whippet legs and massive miles.

“I’m so excited, I just can’t hide it, I think I’m gonna loose control and I think I like it” to quote a phrase/song.

Waderider
    Free Member

651 miles, pleased with that as the bad weather has meant lots of mountain biking rather than road miles.

http://www.strava.com/athletes/jeffhancox

4391st in the Strava January Base Mile thing as I type. About to enter a serious period of training in prep for riding Paris-Roubaix at the start of April.

gribble
    Free Member

About 15. Started new job at end of December and have put on half a stone, staying in hotels and eating And drinking more. Feel fat and slow, weather is really busting my balls.

bruneep

174 miles , 280km not bad as my commute is only about 8.7 km 5 miles

mattrgee
    Free Member

29 here!

paul4stones

267 but a ride every day 🙂

Pickers

30 on the way home tonight takes me to 405, mostly road commuting but some CX/MTB as well

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Probably about 6 miles. Which is 6 more than December.
    🙁

yunki
    Free Member

He did a 195 mile ride on saturday riding from Bristol to Brecon.. then decided that wasn’t enough so rode down to cheddar and back.. 17 hours in total and 17,000ft of climbing

pah! I do more than that each way on my commute every day

slowmart
    Free Member

303 miles.

All road and two weeks snow…..

ononeorange

126. But that’s pretty much weekend only as I don’t commute.

Oh yes and off road of course as I’m not weird. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘How many miles in january?’ is closed to new replies.