Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • How many miles have you managed to get in this week ?
  • Keva
    Free Member

just wondering, considering the weather….

I’ve been managing to commute to work and back but haven’t been out for any cross country hacks. Should have done it the other way around really, skived off work pretending I couldn’t get in then gone out round the woods in the snow!

K

Jamie
    Free Member

I have managed 37. Went for a 27 miler monday in the snow which was quite pleasant, and then a 10 miller yesterday where i cursed every bogged down, sliding sideways snown-binded mile! But at least i can say i went out while it was here, as i cannot remember snow like it in my 29 years.

Simon

Zero

Terra

26, at the lakes yesterday and wednesday. Whinlatter Forest and Lonscale Fell.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Smiles, not miles. I’ve managed about 4 miles, all of them on my DH bike.

joemarshall
    Free Member

40ish. Almost all off road in the snow. It was great. Been working from home and spending lunchtime / commuting time out riding in the woods.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=87791&l=d548b&id=635999387

Joe

teacake
    Free Member

100 miles commuting and about 6 miles xc night ride on Tue. Brought the mtb to work today to ensure snow related slides were stable.

Milkie
    Free Member

About 60 miles this week.. And its my first week cycling this year!

Most of it off-road. Riding to work is mostly off-road, and safer than driving!

I’m classing myself as a cycling drifter at the moment. 😀

simon1975

4 commutes in Nottingham ~ 30 miles total
    Night ride Monday in the snow ~15 miles
    Night ride Wednesday on slush / snow / mud ~25 miles

Average week really, the snow doesn’t put me off 🙂

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Zero.

lovewookie

none. I’m waiting for new wheels for my bike. Should get to Glentress tomorrow though, if they arrive…:(

ski
    Free Member

60 so far this week, all commuting miles.

Had a off on black ice last night, canal path nightmare, not a happy bunny!

So had a lift in today 🙂 thanks to my Wife and the schools being off!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

30 miles from 2 commutes. Missed the ride of the year on Tuesday night…..

Today was horrid conditions though, even some of the flat bits were unrideable

ton

70 miles commuting, only 1 fall

MrNutt
    Free Member

20 but it was on the weekend, does that count? I may get out this afternoon as I can’t get my car out!! 😆

orangeboy
    Free Member

15miles on mondays night ride , hit the floor hard and cant ride to well at the moment

lowey

35 off road.

cp

zero – the snow doesn’t put me off, completely opposite actually, I was hankering to get out on the bike, but had too much other stuff to do. Did manage a fair share of sledging and snow fights though 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

40 off road, although I don’t think the distance is a useful measurement of enjoyment. Those miles included 2 painful crashes meaning my next week may be zero miles 🙁

darrell
    Free Member

zero..unless you count spinning classes.

But i do live in Norway and the conditions are truly horrid at the mo’

phiiiiil

50 miles, all extended commutes to and from work via lots of great snowy trails… 🙂

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Terra – Member

26, at the lakes yesterday and wednesday. Whinlatter Forest and Lonscale Fell.

terra – was that you I saw on top of Latrigg – about 19.30-ish ?

sofatester
    Free Member

Will be around 110miles when i get home tonight. Only commuting though, sideways mostly 😯

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

80 miles in two rides (Tues and Thurs). (On road). (At night). (In the slush/spray). (At av. 19+mph).

Did 110 over last weekend, too. Also both av. 19+mph :O)

grahamh
    Free Member

41 so far

sofatester
    Free Member

“Also both av. 19+mph”

Strong tailwind round your way? 😆

farm-boy

180 but there’s not much snow here.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Strong tailwind round your way?

Nope. It’s just that rather than test sofas I prefer to ride bikes as much and as fast as poss ;O)

(I do a lot of time-trialling and the Season is nearly upon us).

Sunday was an out-and-back 58miler into a *colossal* (not to mention bitter) easterly headwind… which did blow me all the way home. Plus there were three of us working together then so that helped. The ride on Sat was hillier and there were only two of us. That was 52mi @ 19.9mph by the time I got back home.

IanMunro
    Free Member

25-30
    2 commutes and a play in the snow.

Keva
    Free Member

good to see lots of snowy cycling ! I’ve got 56 on mine so far and that should be reading over 70 once i’ve finished my friday huck through the woods.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

100 on the tourer at the weekend

19 on the CX bike (well actually it’s the same bike) on tuesday

worked the rest

bennyboy1
    Free Member

26 miles on Wednesday and 60 miles last weekend, hoping to get out this Sunday if poss. Was hoping to do the Trailbreak Chilterns ride tommorrow but it’s been cancelled. 🙁

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

42 miles so far. Average speed about 6MPH, much of it sideways.

the-muffin-man

Nothing since 27th December!

thomthumb
    Free Member

circa 17. 1 and a half days commuting

After puncturing both tubes, breaking one of the valves and then running out of self adhesive patches and the glue in the ‘back up old skool patch kit’ (TM) having gone off it was time to call home! and casll it a day for the cycling home (in the snow as well)

not a good day!

AlasdairMc

13 offroad miles (GT last weekend)
    75 SS miles commuting by the time I get home tonight.

Zero falls, one smug moment as I climbed gently past cars and buses slipping on the icy roads and then parking and giving up.

Hadge
    Free Member

Non at all for the last 5 weeks!!! Been ill. Now I’ve got Bronchitis so no riding for god knows how long. Totally and utterly brassed off.

Gary_M
    Free Member

70 miles this week. It’s been way too icy here to ride.

devs
    Free Member

50. 10 of them last night in a snowy forest with no lights but the moon. Absolutely awesome!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

managed 3 5 mile rides.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How many miles have you managed to get in this week ?’ is closed to new replies.