Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How many lumens ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

I've got an oldish set of Hope HID lights, 3 years old, anyone know how many lumens they were, just want to compare to the latest lights that are all rated in Lumens.

ta

woody2000

About 500

nickc

Er, and the rest. Most HID rate at about 800. Your eyes don't register light in a linear way though, so more lumen may not means you see more, the very white light that HID produce also makes them seem brighter.

snaps
    Free Member

Yes about 500 when new but this will drop off as the lamp ages, Hope rated them at 450.

takisawa2

I had the 2nd version. (Not the submarine type lamp using). It rated 600 lumen.

simonm
    Free Member

cheers. SO pretty competative compared to current LEDs.

stoney
    Free Member

Hope instruction book rates the HID @480 lumen.

z1ppy

simonm – Member
    cheers. SO pretty competative compared to current LEDs.

not price wise (if you can live with a cheap HK import), or longevity wise (as HID lamps wear out, LED's supposely don't).
    All of my m8's are replacing their Hope HID's (which were fantastic at the time) as they wear out with DX P7's

snaps
    Free Member

If anyone wants to sell Hope HIDs, I'm looking for one to experiment with to upgrade to over 1000 lumens.

glenh
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    Your eyes don't register light in a linear way though, so more lumen may not means you see more,

This isn't true. Lumen is not a physical a measurement unit. It's adjusted for human visual sensitivity.

ojom
    Free Member

@nickc
    The only HID capable of 800/900 is the NiteRider Slickrock.

Every other bulb before this has been about 500 max. The NR bulb (can't remember the vendors name now) was the first one to be able to do 900 so there is no way the Hope could have been that high.

This is borne out through testing also.

simonm
    Free Member

mmm, Interesting, I've got a P7 torch aswell. Side by side I'd say there the same.

So how many hours are the Hope HID lamps good for and where are the replacements ?

stoney
    Free Member

The Hope HID will burn for a little under 3 hours. There is no warning when they expire though, they just go out. 8O. I found it best to swap batteries roughly 2 3/4 hours,(2 batteries is very important)and you need to keep a keen eye on the time.
    I have been reliably told the bulbs are £70, although Clarymorris sent hers back and Hope replaced it free. 😛

simonm
    Free Member

Sorry, I meant how many hours before you need to replace the bulbs and where can you get replacements.

ta

snaps
    Free Member

I can supply cheap replacement bulbs (life of the lamp depends on how many times you turn them on & off)

simonm
    Free Member

Hi Snaps, I'm intrested, what the price ? Cheers.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

The last ones worked out @ £53 each

snaps
    Free Member

Yes TS bought one from me – £53+post

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How many lumens ?’ is closed to new replies.