Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How many inches is sufficient…?
  • gcaster
    Free Member

Again, apologies for the filthy title, have to grab your attention somehow. 😉

Anyway, "uppy downy posts" – how much of a drop is needed?
    CRC have the Joplin 3 at the moment for £110 and, although I'd like to wait for the RockShox one, this seems a bit irresistable! The only problem is, is 3" enough or do I need to wait and stump out for the 4"?
    I currently run about 6.5" of seatpost showing on my Meta 55, is a3" drop gonna be enough?

Your thoughts please…
    Cheers
    Greg

grumm
    Free Member

I have a i900 which I think is 5" and a Gravity Dropper which is 4" – wouldn't want any less than on the GD tbh.

The joplin also has a bad rep for reliability.

psychle
    Free Member

CRC have the Joplin 3

Why do you reckon it's on special eh?

For what it's worth, I have a Gravity dropper and a Command Post… Both drop 4" I'm pretty sure, not sure that 3" would be sufficient…

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

8 inches will please even the most difficult to satisfy.

Northwind

4 inches is enough but sometimes I'd prefer a wee bit more. Very much doubt I'd be happy with 3.

ddmonkey

Isn't the RS one going to be 5"? Personally I think thats a more useable drop, about what I would do anyway with a QR seat clamp.

GW
    Free Member

slw is right, for longer climbs I run my seatpost about 8" higher than my usual riding position 😳

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

A full 9 inches of hard black thrusting shaft.

http://www.rasebike.com/rapid.htm

GW
    Free Member

good find – the seatpost cover 😉

Kahurangi

I must be odd in that when I drop my seat post, it goes down by 2 inches max. 😳

Ewan
    Free Member

5 inches (i900) is enough on my Nomad and my Rocky Ridge hard tail, tho i'd consider running the post right in the frame if I was in the alps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How many inches is sufficient…?’ is closed to new replies.