Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • How many inches have you got this morning ?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

5" in my estimation

Wife says more like 3" though

luked2
    Free Member

Nothing 🙁

ebygomm
    Free Member

Just an inch or two, but then there wasn't forecast to be any overnight, more due

votchy
    Free Member

**** all still 🙁 Wife says thats about normal 😉

loughor
    Free Member

** chortle **** 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1" but about -10c

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Farnborough – No snow but -4.8 degrees on my weather station this morning. Apparently we get 'heavy snow' tomorrow, for a good part off the day…..

WooHoo! 🙂

bluemooner
    Free Member

5/6 inch in manc,,gridlock.

uplink
    Free Member

Just about another 1" to go on top of the compacted ice that's already here in the NE
    Listening to the traffic news, it seems the West side of the Pennines has got the worst of it today

thejesmonddingo

Don't hold your breath uplink,it's coming down thick and fast in S Yorks.
    Ian

trout
    Free Member

started here in silsden west yorks @ 05.00 five inches when I went out with the dog at 06.30 and had filled in my tracks when I just returned at 07.30

looks like its a no work day today as still coming down like leghorn feathers

billybob
    Free Member

just the usual 2" here.

lowey

arouhd 6-7inches in North Bolton, but its fallen on 2" of solid compacted Ice. Cant move my car further than 3' back and forth.

Surfr
    Free Member

Doesn't look too bad but we're down low. Wife just aborted journey over the Cambrians to work as it was impassable.

http://twitpic.com/wquuu

lowey

xherbivorex
    Free Member

that's pretty much exactly the same as here lowey. can't get my car up the hill out of our road. no chance i'm risking public transport to knutsford in this!

joemarshall
    Free Member

No more yet. Although I'm planning on working from home having looked at the weather forecast. Snow from 9:00 till 1800 in Derby, and we usually get an extra inch of snow here compared to them.

Joe

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just about 1/2" here, although there is some good compacted ice still around from before Christmas now compacted and hidden from view. It's falling at the moment, but not that hard.

Looks like I have to go to work today then, unless I can't get over Lindale Rise due to other drivers being muppets (again), or the rest of the county is under heavy snowfall… which I don't think is the case.

Pah… can we have some of your Eastern snows over this side of the Pennines please! The Lakes aint getting their fair share!

Maltloaf

5 in south manchester. TMS on the radio already and brew in hand.

Houns

Nowt here but apparently on its way..Hope i get a good 6" dumped before i leave for work at 11am

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

2-3 inches in Saltaire. Might go sledging!

ton

4 to 5inches in sunny leeds.
    GRIDLOCKED TO ****
    just rode in, took me 5 minutes longer…………. 8)

Andyhilton
    Free Member

4 or 5 inches in Sale.

The pic was at 6am as I was due to set off to work. Working from home now, or rather going to build a snowman then going out on my bike.

allthepies
    Free Member

>Farnborough – No snow but -4.8 degrees on my weather station this morning. Apparently we get 'heavy snow' tomorrow, for a good part off the day…..

Ah, thought it felt a bit fresh biking in today 🙂

shoei
    Free Member

bout a 1cm or so at home, but cross the border into cumbria where the office is and its around 2" or so.

clubber
    Free Member

None in Bristol. In fact, it's not even as cold today as it was yesterday and the roads aren't icy like then either.. In fact, it feels positively mild compared to the last couple of days…

I think it's forecast to snow later on though.

will1
    Free Member

About 6" in Todmorden and still coming down heavily.

yoshimi

Lowey you lazy fecker, get to work!
    Same here in Chorley and still coming down hard – I'm going home again

xherbivorex
    Free Member

chorlton, an hour or so ago:

snowball fight over in the meadows later?

marsdenman
    Free Member

no chance i'm risking public transport

No buses running in m'cr we have a friend in the city centre – she got the train in as usual but she is just about the only one in and she's about to head home as it looks like local trains are starting to suffer as well…

MrsMM has established it's really not worth trying to get to Bolton – Me – being self employed I can work from home or, I can suit up and go for a walk 😀

snowslave

Chorlton has turned into Jedward!

Yup I'm up for that fight on the meadows!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

we had another inch last night but blue skies and a cool -9.5C just now. Got about 12" max but much less when I go out in the cold, boom boom. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

wors

Just rode to work, Bolton to Bury must be about 6/7" all the way.

only took me 10 mins longer than normal!

Another Sale shot, at about 7am this morning.

Motorway sliproads not gritted…..

Sacked it off and came home 🙂

Snowing again now.

xherbivorex / snowslave,

How about the inaugrual STW / south manchester massive snowball fight at midday at Jacksons Boat?

D0NK

6" in bolton, the 13miles into manc took me over 2 hours! Mind you that was offroad 🙂

CHB

4 inches in south Leeds.
    Will get the bike out later!

snowslave

I shall try and recruit some twisted wheels doods for that. Can we make it 1.30 – working from home and got a meeting which ends at 1

mrmo
    Free Member

there was about an inch in Chester city centre, but looking out the window in Shotton it is raining,

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i'm in for that mate!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘How many inches have you got this morning ?’ is closed to new replies.