• This topic has 38 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Nobby.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • How many fishfingers do you eat and what type ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

We have either Cod or Haddock none of this mixed pollock stuff.

Older one at 9 yrs old has 3 to 4 fingers and the 7 yr old 3….
    ….but adults thats me cos I’m a greedy sod have at least 6 or 7 (lady of the house has 4) which I think is okay !

How many do you guzzle ?

and to add even better in pita with melted cheese !!!!

mikey74
    Free Member

As many as will fit on the bread/toast for a sandwich (usually 4). if just on a plate, then the sky’s the limit.

Traditional Birdseye ones.

Drac

Nil

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Waitrose, and yes, battered, not crumbed.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Six usually from the Captain with home made tartare sauce

carlos
    Free Member

Normally 6 birds eye jobbies with mash, peas and a bit of tartare sauce on the side.

In a buttie, just 4, with tartare sauce on buttered thick white bread

jsync

CFH for the win, the Waitrose ones are a lot bigger than normal ones.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

THIS is what I call a thread!

Usually Cod or Haddock, Birds Eye, Findus or Youngs. On white bread. With Heinz tomato sauce.

*However* I did once have a competition with a mate of mine as to who could eat the most fish finger sandwiches, it involved Aldi fish fingers & lots of bread. IIR it was a draw at 16 FF & 8 slices of bread each.

Pollack’s ok, it’s Cod family.

garage-dweller

As many as I can but less than 4 is just wrong and it should only be that low if they are in a sandwich.

Nowt wrong with Pollock either.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

COD and how many do you have? I can eat them all.

Actually have not had them for 10 years as I stay clear of battered fish foods.

Easier to grill some oily fish and serve with tennis racket of French cheese sauces.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

THIS is what I call a thread!

It’s what this plaice needed. Something to lift the sole.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

3x

chakaping
    Free Member

Lidl or Aldi ones, 4 at a time in a sandwich with butter one side, ketchup the other and – in a nod to healthy eating – a thick wodge of baby leaf salad.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Any and all of.

On buttered bread. Vinegar.

Mayonnaise and ketchup. Sometimes lettuce makes a show. Not often.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Cod or haddock. Four in a sandwich, or a few more if having them smooshed onto buttered baguette then dipped in heavily peppered tinned tomatoes.

The latter being my comfort food of choice.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s what this plaice needed. Something to lift the sole.

Ding a Ling!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What can I say, I’d a dab hand at this sort of thing!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Because of this thread I will in the next week try my first ever fishfinger sandwich. I’m still uncertain about the logic of putting something covered in breadcrumbs between slices of bread – culinary crossing-the-streams – but as the many political threads have shown, STWers are generally right about everything apart from bikes.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I want a fish finger now…

Actually a fish finger chip butty with tomato ketchup.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wordnumb, battered are betterer.

revs1972
    Free Member

I can easily eat a whole box just for the halibut.
    I’m shellfish like that

revs1972
    Free Member

We had cuttlefish fingers on holiday in Portugal recently. They were 2 strips of cuttlefish with a sun dried tomato in the middle, in breadcrumbs and deep fried. Bloomin lovely were too

wordnumb
    Free Member

battered are betterer

Noted with thanks. I’ve learned more in this thread than all the political threads combined.

garage-dweller

Revs that sort of behaviour makes me crabby.

And no mention of salad cream in the butties what’s wrong with you all? 😉

senorj

Waitrose own. 3 in a soft roll usually suffice . Salad cream. Lil J likes them too.
    Sometimes we do exotic ones with brown sauce.
    We get through a pack of 6 per week.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Any brand not fussy 6 or 8 dependent on hunger on either a ovenbottom or doorstop white with best butter and tommy k.

Friend of mine made his own “giant” pollock ones with seeded batch breadcrumbs
    Were lovely but he refuses to make them again like the “baconator” but thats for another thread.

DavidB
    Free Member

Those Tesco ones are vile. But then I do like chilli sauce with mine

z1ppy

bongohoohaa +1, just discovered them, don’t be fooled by there just being 6, there big buggers

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I am literally going out now to the shop to get some as the freezer empty… chicken dippers and cheddar filled cod cakes just wont cut it…

steveoath
    Free Member

Depends on size. DIY with cornflakes crushed up for crumbs. Much better than frozen.

sirromj

Never eat the things. Until Friday. Spotted some in local farm-shop/barn/restaurant type place. Very good they were too, actual fish, not floor-sweepings. Bread-crumbed. 3 were enough.

timber

I have taken to getting the fillet things instead from the freezer section in Aldi. Think it is the same price either way, half a pack each but with less turning over required.
    All rolled up in a wrap with some lettuce and home made tartare sauce with extra capers.

andytherocketeer

none

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1sBPXCHfo[/video]

ste_t
    Free Member

6 to go in the sandwich (overlap is good,) then the other one to dab in some chilli sauce whilst building.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Five, two pieces of bread and butter, one fried egg and ketchup, x2.

sandal100

Sainsburys Taste the Difference ones, 2 per tea cake and a couple of normal sainsburys ones on the side for dipping!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

such fishy answers !

sbob
    Free Member

Birdseye 99p mystery fish contain more fish than the more expensive pure cod fingers.
    How many? 😕
    All of them. 😀

Nobby

3 or 4 per sarnie depending on bread used.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘How many fishfingers do you eat and what type ?’ is closed to new replies.