Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • How many FAST racers are there on here…
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I was Yorkshire & Humber champ, and raced at International level….but not cyling related.

njee20
    Free Member

So Stratobiker’s winning, once again, and we seem to have most of the Scottish racers to have ever graced a podium 🙂

jedi

i won timetrials, mtb xc races, triathlon etc in my life before herts 🙂

hora
    Free Member

This reminds me of the parallel universe – on Pistonheads forum there are posters on there who have achieved stuff. Jason Plato revealed himself after some disgruntled poster moaned about the treatment he gave him when he bumped into him outside a shop. It was hilarious!

scaredypants

Jason Plato revealed himself

ah, was he number 42 ?
    (I’m proper bloody fast, by the way)

pistonbroke
    Free Member

4 Times British Trailquest Champ. Once in under 40 Solo Class, Once in Vet Solo Class and twice in Mixed Team Class.
    Not exactly XC racing but hard work when all the events were 5 hours long and ranged from the West of Scotland to the Isle of Wight.
    Entry numbers were also bigger then with 2-300 riders per event.

pjt201
    Free Member

I won the dance off at SSEC 2010, does that count for anything?

njee20
    Free Member

Jason Plato revealed himself after some disgruntled poster moaned about the treatment he gave him when he bumped into him outside a shop. It was hilarious!

In similar vain – look at the review of the Boardman roadbike on the BikeRadar home page currently, they made some comment about the geometry not being ideal for crit and bunch racing, the first comment is from Chris Boardman!

samuri
    Free Member

I have held the 3 peaks CX fixie record for a number of years now despite some attempts by big names to try and take it off me.

I might enter next year and smash it myself to make sure I die with the title.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“I have held the 3 peaks CX fixie record for a number of years”

Did you just make a bike out of polystyrene and just run round 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I won a Tim Gould autographed crash helmet at the Grundig World Cup race raffle at Aviemore in 1990.

twinklydave

I beat EVERONE on my commute home yesterday. Everyone. Fast as. 🙂

(I think Stratobiker‘s already been mentioned – but he’s done, and still does, lots at a properly high level)

clubber
    Free Member

as per njee’s post 🙂

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-boardman-team-carbon-12-45675

chrisbl4
    BikeRadar

User
    User review of Boardman Team Carbon (12)
    I don’t normally comment but this was just a bit silly:

Someone should let Nicole Cooke and Rob Hayles know about the handling ‘not being ideal for bunch racing’ This frame design AND GEOMETRY won National, World and Olympic Gold…..so I’d say it’s not too shabby.

Pro riders quite like comfort and ‘stability’ so they can cape up on descents, take a feed bag with confidence and ride smoothly over cobbles. We didn’t just pull the geometry out of thin air……

Chris Boardman

😀

hora
    Free Member

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lordy. That’s a pwning and no mistake.

Bike journo vs World and Olympic Champignon, and World Record Holder.

😆

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

I still hold share the tandem record at ten under the ben as far as I knowFTFY…

😉

epicyclo

pjt201 – Member
    I won the dance off at SSEC 2010, does that count for anything?

That’s nearly as impressive as my 4th equal… 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

to be fair to the br guys, this was their response to the thread which does clarify the comment a bit

Warren Rossiter
    BikeRadar

User
    User review of Boardman Team Carbon (12)
    This review was part of a test in Cycling Plus, As is the nature of those some comparisons are made to the other bikes featured. When it has arrived on here – as the reviews are put up singularly some of the comparisons are lost or edited, the paragraph about the handling was as such –

“The handling all-round doesn’t have the out and out sharpness of the Cannondale Super Six (also in the test). It’s a ‘little’ less competent in fast direction changes and hustling through the tight stuff. But for an all rounder it’s difficult to beat. Especially at this price”

and

“Everything about the Team Carbon from the quality of the frame to the level of components, to its sheer ride ability would have us believe that this was a bike with a price tag of £1000 more than the modest £1599 it retails for”

So with the original review being edited I can see that the comment about handling could come across as a bigger criticism than it actually was. It’s something I’ll bring up with the online guys

Warren

stratobiker
    Free Member

That twinklydave geezer has been racing bikes a long time. He’s faster than most.

SB

sebgt
    Free Member

UK Emergency Services U30 XC Champion…

njee20
    Free Member

He’s faster than most.

But not as fast as many judging by the raft of second places. 😉

There seem to be a lot more people who do well in ‘endurance’ events (12s/24s etc) than straight XC racers. I think Ben Thomas is a registered user here, but he doesn’t actually post owt. And to think… in 2007 I was the same speed as him 🙁

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘How many FAST racers are there on here…’ is closed to new replies.