Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • how many eggs is it safe to eat each day?
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Geoff Capes used to eat 20 for breakfast. He was the man

you reckon?

Your hens lay Chorizo?

OH fed smokie (smoked haddock) to the chickens. fed me the poached result.
    smokies = mmmm
    poached eggs from your own chickens = mmmm
    smoked fish flavour poached eggs = indescribably vile

senorj

i’ve averaging 3 a day

I bet it’s a bit wiffy round your gaff! 😳

mudshark
    Free Member

I got fed up with hard boiled eggs and mostly eat omelettes at the moment. In the summer I was taking them to work frozen and they’d defrosted by lunchtime. Cold omelettes aren’t great though….

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I was once told that all the scare mongering in the 70’s about eggs being bad for you came about after research which was funded by Kelloggs 😉 Don’t know if this is true but it would tie in with everyone stoping “going to work on a egg” to the boom in cereal breakfasts.

Solo
    Free Member

Cholesterol is fine.
    Its only an issue when the LDL oxidizes.
    Perhaps think about what brings that on ?….

Also, as you will know, your eggs are only as good as the feed given to the chicken in the first place and the environment the chicken lives in.

😉

iDave
    Free Member

the food that chickens eat contains no cholesterol. however, eggs contain cholesterol.
    therefore, ‘maybe’ food isn’t as direct a source of cholesterol as you may think…..

beef contains fat. but cattle don’t eat fatty food….

kudos100
    Free Member

I eat 4-5 every day and my cholesterol level is fine. Load of horse manure that egg yolk is not good for you.

eth3er
    Free Member

A question asked by all great man. Eat more and long may you cluck…

hilldodger
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    ‘maybe’ food isn’t as direct a source of cholesterol as you may think…..

As I recall, only about 40% of serum cholesterol is from food, rest is made in liver – the ‘problem’ with dietary cholesterol is really when you eat a huge binge dose and your cholesterol transport and metabolism gets ‘overloaded’ and the balance between HDL/LDL production goes towards the ‘bad’ LDL.

So yes, the direct involvement of food in cholesterol levels is not as strong as some may promote, and also the ‘cholesterol levels’ many people report are pretty meaningless unless broken down into at least HDL,LDL and Triglycerides.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I used to also eat 4 or 5 egg omelettes then imagined eating 5 fried eggs! I’d never consider that so the omlettes are down to two eggs now 🙄

verticalclimber
    Free Member

i buy the pasturised egg whites from MY PROTEIN website and they scramble well. use one full egg and some pure egg whites

you get 32 in a bottle, 6 bottles for 25 quid job done

tonyg2003

I stayed in a hotel in Florida last week that had a “special”. If you could eat their 20 egg ommelate you got it for free. Although many of the guests looked like they regularly ate 20 egg ommelates, it would probably kill me!

Land of the free!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Mmm! Century eggs.

razor1548
    Free Member

“They’re not dog eggs are they? Can’t see that doing you much good “

Biggest load of bullshit I have ever read on the internetz!

A dogs egg in a little bowl with mustard and black pepper is the best source of protein you will ever find! ! ! ! !

brakes
    Free Member

I love eggs.

OM.
    NOM.
    NOM.

philconsequence
    Free Member

only 2 eggs this morning, but thats a tactic to make my eggs last til saturday as i dont want to go shopping on friday after work.

all this egg talks makes me miss jamie.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I have 5 scotch eggs for breakfast every day.

Solo
    Free Member

the food that chickens eat contains no cholesterol. however, eggs contain cholesterol.
    therefore, ‘maybe’ food isn’t as direct a source of cholesterol as you may think…..

beef contains fat. but cattle don’t eat fatty food….

Yes, perhaps I should have included it has been noted that what you feed a chicken influences what you find in your egg.
    True free range chickens feeding on purslane particularly and all the other plants and bugs they like.
    Appear to produce eggs which contain higher levels of Omega 3, for example.
    My original point is that if you take the time to source eggs from well fed, true free range chickens.
    Yours or someone elses, then the levels of nutrients we think we want to be contained in said egg, are likely to be higher.

Also, there seemed to be a few Cholesterolophobic comments earlier, and I’m not sure all the Hype about Cholesterol is warranted.
    Even the lower density stuff is OK, so long as it doesn’t oxdize and become part of the body’s process of laying down arterial plaque, etc.
    Also, as has been mentioned above.
    The liver produces cholesterol and monitors blood cholesterol levels in order to maintain a certain cholesterol level…

😀

Basically, I’m for eggs although I don’t eat many myself.
    I’m on a bit of a spinach trip at the moment.

Yes, we miss Jamie.
    Perhaps he has completed his tour of duty on STW and is now in a better, safer, place ?.
    😉

monstermarrow
    Free Member

2 Goose eggs. Bought em’ from a local pub that sell them across the bar (They keep geese out the back).

Delicious fried, and served on top of a pile of chips from the local chippy. Goose-eggs have the best yolks for dipping by far!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘how many eggs is it safe to eat each day?’ is closed to new replies.