Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • How many days of annual leave do you get a year?
  • demonracer

I get 28 days holiday which includes my bank holiday intitlement (I have to work bank holidays) however last year I only got to take 13 of these and this year I have taken 2 so far and have 5 more booked … The joys of working for the family business!

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

32 days plus every fifth week off. Makes up for some bloody unsociable start times

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

I am another who works for a company operating the “don’t take the piss” system. I don’t know what I’ve taken, neither does my boss. I don’t know what my direct reports have taken either. If you want it, take it, just make sure you’ve palmed your work off on someone else or promise to login every other day and delegate anything urgent. You don’t need to book time off for builders, doctors appts etc, just crack on. It’s a common sense system.

My boss is a facebook friend, and when I take the occasional spontaneous sunny day off to go climbing or walking or ride my bike or whatever she just presses like.

Drac

32 days plus every fifth week off. Makes up for some bloody unsociable start times

😯

hjghg5
    Free Member

24 or 25 plus bank holidays I think (somewhere in that ballpark, I only started the job on monday and haven’t committed the details to memory yet! I know it’s less than my old job which was 30+bh though)

LadyGresley
    Free Member

365 days, but unfortunately it’s not paid.

Flaperon

Six weeks, but not bank holidays / Christmas etc.

miketually
    Free Member

195 days when I have to go in to work, so 170 days when I don’t have to. 104 of those are weekends and 9 are bank holidays, so about 55 days ‘holiday’?

ajantom

13 weeks as a teacher – discounting weekends that’s 65 days.
    Before you moan 😉 I do work during the holidays, marking, planning, etc. I was actually in school for the last 2 days sorting out my workshop. and I’ll probably be in for at least another 4 days over the holidays to catch up on paperwork, and start ordering stuff for next year.

wilburt
    Free Member

30 plus BH but half the days I do are home anyway so its not exactly the coalface.[list]

allthepies
    Free Member

Zero *.

Contractor scum.

* no workie, no payie. I could take quite a few days “off” though but would be unpaid.

cheers_drive

Honestly I have no idea. Since setting up a consultancy type company I take what days necessary to go away on holiday and when quiet take a day off when ever I feel like it.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m sure I win this game 😉

I do like the don’t take the piss systen, and if ever I were to not work for myself again (so unlikely) it would be a condition of employment.

JohnnyPanic

Work 37 hr week, standard weekdays.
    Get 32.5 days plus the 8 bank holidays.
    Could purchase an extra 7.5 but don’t feel the need.
    Been carrying 10 days over each year for a while now.
    Before TUPE we were on flexi in theory up to 3 days over/under each month end though never took that much.
    Since TUPE still allowed flexi informally but suspect I would find the limits less generous if I tried to test them.
    Regard myself as pretty lucky really.

TiRed

26 plus BH. Work is pretty generous because compassionate leave covers things like emergencies (sick kids at home, for example). In reality, it’s what you produce that matters, and excessive hrs can be carried over as leave.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

25 plus bank holidays, two extra days if you have zero sickness days the previous year. But you do get paid for
    Five sickness days.

tomtomthepipersson

Not really sure. I usually take what I want. But I don’t get paid for it as I’m a contractor.

I just have tomorrow to get through then I have 31 days until my next work day. Can’t wait.

Cougar

28 here plus BHs etc. I think our place starts at 23 and increases it based on length of service. We also get birthdays off (which is cool because I’ve never worked mine in my life, it’s a Thing) but I can’t remember if that’s included or extra.

Russell96

31 + Bank holidays, upto 5 if I carry them over (never) the option to buy 5 extra and then of course TOIL days when I put silly hours in. Then homeworker so have the ability to flex during the week as long as I get my hours in.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I get zero paid days holiday….I have to pay everyone else! 🙁

Cougar

upto 5 if I carry them over (never) the option to buy 5 extr

Oh yeah, that too.

Russell96

I did it last year as a one off with the extra 5 bought days, 41 days hols plus the bank holidays, the skitting I got over my availability was monumental. Might have to do it again.

bencooper
    Free Member

Self-employed – what is this “paid leave” of which you speak? 😉

I probably take off about 25-30 days per year.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

35 days. I have 5 days left to take between December and March.

g5604
    Free Member

I get 26 days + bank holidays, but have to take 5 over Christmas and often can’t take it when I want to. Pretty bad really.

Is there any laws about taking holidays on set days?

shadowrider
    Free Member

I currently get 34 days plus we get 1 hour off for every week we work, so we get an extra 52 hours each year,plus every 5 years you get an extra day off. Not bad at all really.

RDL-82
    Free Member

28 days (4 day week with 4 weeks of that entitlement pre rostered for us each year. We can swap amongst ourselves however) plus an extra 2 for Christmas and Boxing Day as the network shuts down. Get an extra 4 days in January as reward for putting up with 15 years of crap shifts!

Bank holidays are salaried so if your booked to be in then so be it. Can’t remember the last one I had off tbh.

badllama
    Free Member

I get 20 days plus bank holidays BUT have to save 3 for Christmas.

They have started a new bonus scheme this year where you can have a lump sum in your Christmas wage or use some of it to buy extra days. Up to a max of 5 days which is quiet a good idea IMO.

MrSparkle

37 + Bankers. Best bit of the job, tbh.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

28 days (2 fixed) + Christmas – New Year. Not complaining.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Contracting now, so no paid ones.
    But in my old place it was 29 + Bank Holidays, and you could buy up to 5 more if you wanted them.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Similar to a few on here, 30 days plus Bank Holidays but need to take between three and five days over Christmas, which is a pain as I work in the construction industry and most sites are shut for two weeks 🙁

corroded
    Free Member

Any American reading this is thinking WTF?! We have it pretty good in the UK.
    Not sure what I get, just that I can’t take all of it.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Had to work it out.
    On my contract i get 25 + BH. Due to some oddities with the system over here, they don’t move bank holidays to the nearest Monday/Friday. So good years i get 7, bad is 4 or 5. So 29 to 32…..
    Plus another 70 odd hours of earned time.

About 40 days. And i can save them. Currently have about 50 to take before march next year. 😳

Onzadog
    Free Member

26 plus bank holidays, plus up to 12 flexi, plus lieu days if I do a long call out on a Friday, Saturday or before any leave day.

bothybiker
    Free Member

33 days with A/L and BH rolled up. Option to buy up to 5 more. Plus an extra holiday on my birthday each year. Could be worse.

matt10214
    Free Member

27 days plus bank holidays.

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘How many days of annual leave do you get a year?’ is closed to new replies.