Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • How many days of annual leave do you get a year?
  • Ambrose

So many that I don’t actually know off hand, so I’ll take schmiken’s word for it.

” 60 days, but I’m a teacher and still do some work in those. ”

Andy_K

28 days leave, no bank hols. However, I work 7 on, 7 off, and sometimes get sent home in bad weather, so I only really work 4 months a year 😀

It’s the least days work for a full time salary of anyone I know of…

freeagent
    Free Member

27 days + bank hols.
    Goes up to 28 next year as i’ll have been here 10 years.
    Tops out at 30 after 15 years.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

26 Days annual leave, plus 5 days purchased, plus bank holidays, plus 1 day over Christmas as the office shuts down

fasthaggis

37 including bank hols,but it’s the flexitime I lurve,oh yeah.

unknown
    Free Member

25 plus bank holidays, I never use them all anyway.

Recently turned down an offer for a role that would have had 39 plus bank holidays and a final salary pension. That was tempting.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

last full time job was (I think) 25+ B Hols + 8 from a contract fudge + up to 6 Flexi a year.. I think

these days however much I don’t want to get paid/no work coming in.Flip side is it’s 9pm and I’m fixing DB errors for a deliverable next week and I’ve worked 80% of the public hols in the last 3 years and flown more sundays and friday nights than I want to

Pickers

25 days here plus Bank Holidays; I have to keep 4 or 5 back for the Xmas break as well.
    I reckon I’d forego a salary rise for an extra few days holiday if I could.

stumpy01

johndoh – Member

30 (some of which have to be taken over Christmas shut-down) + bank holidays

+1. We generally have to take 3 days over Christmas, which sees us through to the new yr. We also generally get chucked out of work around 10:30am on Chrismtas eve.

We can choose how many hours we do a week for differing holiday – but given that most people do over the threshold for getting the 30 days anyway, it seemed like a no-brainer to sign up to that option.

Drac

Something like 235 hours.

325 but can gain more for working bank holidays and Christmas.

No, wait that’s not right.

Must be awful having to take Christmas off.

peteimpreza

27 plus Bank holidays

addy6402

25 paid
    8 BH
    15 purchased with tax relief

48 total which is nice

Nipper99
    Free Member

25 days I think but since beginning of 2010 I think I’ve managed to take about a third or so of my leave per year.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

I get 25 + Bank Holidays, though we do have compulsory shutdown over Christmas which comes out of the 25 days.

Management seem to always want to make the compulsory time longer than I want so I have to argue to take less every year.

We get started on 20 & acrue a day for every year worked up to a maximum of 5 extra.

cchris2lou

13 or 14 weeks.

seosamh77
    Free Member

36 inc bank holidays (5 mondays through the year, 4 at christmas and new year.), and need to use 4 days to cover shutting down over christmas, 23 days I can take when I want.

trickydisco
    Free Member

30 plus bank holidays + 4 days over christmas also can take 2 flexi days a month

dalesjoe
    Free Member

182.5 days a year!

onehundredthidiot

Only 11.5 working days until this holiday ends. mind you its been 20 working days since he holidays started,

My contract’s being messed about (verbally it’s to be made permanent on the 16th aug). So i’m doing faff all work until the. Although i start a part time MSc in September as well as a Forest Schools course. So they better get my contract right.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

20 days paid plus 8 bank holidays

Shackleton

Honestly I have no idea. I never seem to have enough spare time to use them up though as our HR bod points out year on year. I suspect I’m even going to lose some of my planned holiday at the end of August having to deal with a funding application……… 🙁

Ah, the joys of running a university research group and lecturing as an untenured lecturer, particularly after the brexitards made life that much more unpleasant for everyone in higher education and research.

mattbee

Self employed so it’s up to me.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Three day week, 20 days.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I remember a mate who used to describe the holiday form process, fill in form, present to boss, boss signs it then shred form….

Northwind

I get 35- only 25 contracted, the rest for “buildings closed”. Think I get some more next year though.

It’s quite funny, because it’s not a contractual right, they don’t promote the extra 10 days to new staff, you generally find out like this:
    “See you tomorrow”
    “No you won’t, we’re shut”
    “Oh. OH!”

somouk
    Free Member

In the old company days it was 32 and would have to work bank holidays or could book them as holiday.

Since our take over it’s 26 days plus bank holidays off and that goes up with time served to a maximum of 30 plus bank holidays I think. Our company do 24x7x360 support so we can also opt to work the bank holidays if we want and use the days elsewhere in the year apart from the 5 stat days where our offices are closed.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

30 + BH (25 until 5 years service) blue chip

ElShalimo

22 + BH. We’re occasionally allowed unpaid leave but its such as admin headache we’re advised not to do it. Harumph

franksinatra

33 + most bank holidays
    Flexi time so I finish 1/2 days on Friday
    I purchased an extra 5 days leave this year on top of the 33, can purchase up to 10 days.

and 35 hour working week

I don’t work in the private sector.

momo

31 (23 days basic + 3 days banding uplift + 5 days service maxed out after 10 years) plus bank holidays. Not a bad place to work, still feel like I’m hard done by at this time of year when MrsMomo is at home sleeping on the sofa!

properbikeco
    Free Member

I only work 195 days a year so get 170 days at my leisure!!!

jam-bo

well, if we are counting total days worked, i’ve just worked it at 183.5 days a year not at work. which is just over 50%. I can live with that.

Drac

Ah! In that case I work about 138 days a year. 😀

MoreCashThanDash

I’d get 31.5 days paid leave if I was full time.

I actually go to work 24 hours a week over 4 days, plus 10 weeks off unpaid for the main school holidays, so it gets pro rata’d to however many hours and covers me having the half term weeks off as well.

And my remaining salary barely puts me above the lower tax threshold!

onehundredthidiot

Ok 195 days working 190 when kids are in.

tpbiker
    Free Member

32 plus 8 bank holidays, plus 5 carried over.

underthethumb
    Free Member

28days, plus federal holidays, I am now based in the US and negogiated the same terms from when I was in the UK. US holiday entitlement are dire so I don’t mention too much to my US colleagues

US holiday entitlement are dire

I get a massive 10 days + holidays although I started off with only 5 days plus holidays so it’s an improvement. I miss the 20 days+ BHs of being in the UK but I do work from home a lot so I do have plenty of time at home.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Started out with 20, was at 30 for many years now 25 and I do miss the 5 extra days. 30 allows you to have a three week holiday if you want and not be restricted.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

320 hours including Bank Holidays.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘How many days of annual leave do you get a year?’ is closed to new replies.