Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • How many cycling jersey's do you own
  • winston
    Free Member

one less as I’ve just sold my Rapha Country jersey

So down to about 15 now…..

which would be fine except cycling is now my No.3 sport…

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

1 (one) yes that’s all and I ride to work (12 miles each way) every day, throughout the year plus I ride over the weekends. I use it for mtb’ing and road cycling. I’ve done 600k audaxes in it and some bigger rides. It has mold stains on it but I don’t care. It saves any tricky decisions on what to wear in the morning. Bit of lynx sorts the slipstream out plus my approach is good for the environment. I’ve had it since about March last year. It developed a hole in the rear pocket through which I lost a bluetooth headphone dongle so my mum sewed it back up.
    I might buy a new jersey soon however. I have my eyes on a couple. I’m worried however that this may open the floodgates to a new period of profligacy.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone else got a built in wardrobe where only cycling kit hangs? The joys of living alone! 😀

scotroutes

Yes.

And I don’t!

singlespeedstu

We have a spare room that it’s difficult to open the door into for all the cycling kit in there. 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

I too have at least 40 and a spare room with built in wardrobes 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

about 20 mtb, 10 road?

Thought that was tame….
    Also got about 10 sets of gloves

eddiebaby
    Free Member

ferrals
    Free Member

2 short sleeve jerseys, 1 base layer long sleeve and one emergency raincoat type thing. Don’t really feel the need for more

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@ferrals don’t think I’d get them washed and dried fast enough with only 2!!

spawnofyorkshire

Got 5 MTB and 1 road, all too big for me now so never get worn. Generally ride in base layer or technical t shirts now

ferrals
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

@ferrals
    don’t think I’d get them washed and dried fast enough with only 2!!

POSTED 37 MINUTES AGO #

I wear one for a couple of days and then switch, I find jerseys dry so quick it’s not problem, bigger issue is only having two pairs of bib shorts, pulling on shorts with damp liners is not fun!

DT78
    Free Member

Far too many….in fact I have no idea, a very large very full draw and now started transferring older stuff to my work locker / boot of car (just in case I need a change…on a wet commuting day with a lunch ride I can wear 3 in one day)

Of more relevance for me might be how many jerseys do I have that are completely new and never actually worn out outside….I’m at 4….and a skinsuit.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Hmmm so maybe I don’t have a problem after all judging by the amount some of you have

Might have to play catch up mind you 😀

WillH

Five identical hi-viz yellow ones for commuting. One Decathlon one from about 10 years ago biking in France, one ‘team’ jersey from a works do riding the inaugural Huka Challenge. The latter two serve all mtb purposes, plus ordinary T-shirts.

IdleJon

I’ve been riding for 20+ years and seem to buy at least one jersey per year, often more like 4,5 or 6 jerseys per year, not including team kit etc. I have no idea how many I’ve got – they’re all in a big wooden box in the bedroom, the least used gravitate to the bottom.

As a guide I have 4 helmets at the mo, 4 pairs of shoes plus one pair of winter boots, many waterproofs, 4 pairs of gloves.

I have just had to buy new socks though, I had run out for some reason.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh man this thread has seriously made me chuckle! I can’t even count (without going upstairs)! I have 2 x 5 drawer chest of drawers and a small bed side cabinet full!

Crashtestmonkey thought I had a few too many gilets and I have 4 .. feel better now still room for 3 more purchases of gilet’s looking at this thread!

I have 4 pairs of arm warmers 🙂 My name’s Munqe-chick and I have an addiction to lycra .. {runs off to buys some more}

Oh and one for the ladies how many sports bra’s? I stopped counting at 20!!!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh and one for the ladies how many sports bra’s?

This is STW you should let the men join in 😉

FOG

I tend to wear base layers and wind proofs so I was quite smug about this thread but a quick look in the Drawers of Eternal Crap revealed I actually have 7-8 , most of which I don’t wear! If these were ordinary t-shirts I would move them to bike cleaning rags quickly but I can’t bring myself to throw out a cycling jersey, just in case…..

tang
    Free Member

I have a chest of drawers just with kit in, plus 4 bin liners in the attic…

velosam
    Free Member

I feel much better now lol. About 8 jerseys of which half still have the tags on! 6 pairs of shorts and I really only ever use 2 of them. I need to thin stuff out!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

. I need to thin stuff out!

Why just take the tags off and wear stuff, it’s just clothes…

I think in some ways my collection stems from going on bike holidays and having long weeekends away, you kind of need enoughkit for 4-5 days with no washing machine and if it rains… chuck in racing some shopshire DH in the wet where you could get through 4 sets of kit in a day it’s never really seemed to be an issue.

Daffy

4 Road short
    4 Road long
    3 Winter base
    1 Rain jacket
    1 Softshell
    1 Hardshell
    3 MTB Short
    1 MTB Long
    1 MTB Windproof
    1 MTB Waterproof

So 17, but I do ride around 160-200 miles per week in 5 sittings.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

5 jerseys. A couple I’ve had for 6 or 7 years are effectively retired though- they’ve taken on a smell that never quiet goes and only take 10 minutes effort to really start honking!

Meant to get another one this year but couldn’t find one I liked!

Not counting base layers because they get used for other stuff too.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘How many cycling jersey's do you own’ is closed to new replies.