Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • How many cycles to get the most out of rechargeable batteries?
  • naffrider
    Free Member

Got some rechargeable batteries and they’re not performing as well as they should (not far off mind) and I’m sure I’ve read/heard that rechargeables need a few cycles to get the best from them.

I know very few rechargeables perform as well as their rating but I bought these after seeing test results, rated at 2400mah, test shows 2150mah and I’m probably getting about 1850mah.

So a few cycles to get the best from them?

Ta.

SD-253
    Free Member

Nickel metal hydrieds?(excuse the spelling). Are you sure the lights are giving an accurate rating? Lithum batterys (rechargables) seem very accurate from the start to me nimh (AA AAA etc but not battery packs)less so. Note all batteries lose actual power wherever you are using them or not (althugh the new nimh hibrids only lose 20% over 1 year which is superb espcially for back up lights). All other batteries lose there power very quickly Lithium worse (quicker) than Nimh.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My NiMH’s all died off pretty fast after starting out well (3000’s but as expected only held about 2300ish from simple maths). Some 50 charge cycles later and they’re unable to hold more than a few hundred mAh 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How many cycles to get the most out of rechargeable batteries?’ is closed to new replies.