Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How many correspondents does the BBC have around the world just out of interest
  • oldfart

There was report on the news dinnertime from Cuba .Luscious Kate Silverton (YUM YUM YUM !) ahem sorry i digress !said a report from our Cuba correspondent .At least she didn't say our man in Havana !Got me thinking how often do we hear anything from Cuba ?So what does this bloke do in between ?There's also a bloke called Nick Bryant i think who pops up when there are occasional stories from Australia .
    Do these people get a retainer or how does it work , freelance ?i wouldn't have thought they would be called BBC reporters then though ?Conjures up the thought that they spend their days lazing in the sun until they get the call .If so nice work if you can get it !

iDave
    Free Member

they're retained freelancers, and will also write for magazines, possible regional consulting work for businesses etc

uplink
    Free Member

They don't have a South of England correspondent

bristolbiker
    Free Member

They all live in a cupboard under the stairs – when they need a report from, say Australia, the 'Australia reporter' gets wheeled into a studio in television centre and a picture of the Sydney Opera House gets put up behind them and they waffle into the camera.

Bit like the video of the moon landings, but paid for by the license fee rather than NASA 😉

oldfart

OK thanks but they can still be called BBC reporters then ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It's risible. The BBC claim to have a "BBC" reporter on the spot in various parts of the world and therefore this makes their News reports supposedly better than other services, who don't?

So Sky, for instance, links to freelancers or reporters from local stations, who presumably are qualified to comment due to the local nature of their role.

What a load of old tripe…

Jamie
    Free Member

Wrong side of the bed this morning Mr Woppit?

Wozza
    Free Member

bristolbiker – Member

They all live in a cupboard under the stairs – when they need a report from, say Australia, the 'Australia reporter' gets wheeled into a studio in television centre and a picture of the Sydney Opera House gets put up behind them and they waffle into the camera.

Bit like the video of the moon landings, but paid for by the license fee rather than NASA

A bit like this?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I believe that's the Nigerian correspondant – I can see you're getting the hang of this 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

At the China Olympics, the BBC sent more reporters and pundits than GB sent athletes.

joolsburger
    Free Member

No where near as many as they had. Have a read of Flat Earth News by Nick Davis it's a good read about the globalisation of the news "product".

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How many correspondents does the BBC have around the world just out of interest’ is closed to new replies.