Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • How many chocloate digestives is appropriate for one cup of tea?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I think I just dunked six.

🙁

el_creedo
    Free Member

Good work!
    I would say I could have 4 without feeling guilty.
    Gotta be dark choc ones for me, also – worth trying keeping them in the fridge, gives a new sensation to the dunk (may even help the integrity of the biscuit!).
    (Enviously goes back to his choccy digestiveless cup of tea…)

druidh
    Free Member

Two.

One is never enough

And dunking? Are you mad? The choc should be nice and firm.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I think I just dunked six

Ah, c’mon, try harder!. Anything less than half a pack and it’s just not worth bothering. The full packet is hardly a challenge, but arguably a little greedy.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Four, no dunking, and they must be dark chocolate.

Anything else is just wrong.

thomthumb
    Free Member

half a packet minimum; no dunking, dark chocolate.

RustySpanner

Hobnobs? 😐

Hides under desk, awaiting onslaught.

AndyP
    Free Member

First question – how big is the cup?
    The scientifically proven ratio of dark choc digestives to a cup of tea = 1 packet per 1 pint cup. I would imagine you can use that ratio for smaller cups, but I’ve never tried. Who drinks small cups of tea?

chakaping
    Free Member

Perhaps I should have asked people to disclose their waist measurements with their answers. Half a packet seems a bit ambitious to me!

And how can you not dunk a choccy digestive? I love the way the tea gets more chocolatey as you go along.

Plain of course. No other sort for me.

Harry_the_Spider

desf
    Free Member

Stop it. I’m on a biscuit ban after getting a cholesterol reading of 7.8.
    🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

2 or 4 is acceptable for me, milk or plain and dunking is a must. I’ve seen me do six for a big, big mug though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just keep dunking till the tea is all gone. No fixed number.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Dunk til you feel sick?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Your only fault is the tea, otherwise as per Jamie’s advice.

miketually
    Free Member

Between 3 and 5 with the tea itself. Plus the one you eat while waiting for the kettle to boil, the one you cram in your mouth as you walk out of the kitchen with the tea and the one you eat when you take the empty mug into the kitchen.

Basically, if there’s an open packet of biscuits in the house, I’ll eat them all before bedtime.

(Chocolate digestives are surpisingly yummy dipped into cold milk.)

Perhaps I should have asked people to disclose their waist measurements with their answers.

32″ waist

slowclimb
    Free Member

3 always 3…..
    2 = not enough
    4 = gluttony

AndyP
    Free Member

FTR, 30″. Mind you, I’m only 2′ tall.

molgrips
    Free Member

(Chocolate digestives are surpisingly yummy dipped into cold milk.)

It’s the American way.

By the way folks, I’d like to introduce you to this brand new craze that everyone’s trying. It’s chocolatey, and biscuity, but not as you know it! Everyone in Hollywood* is trying it, all the big stars. I really think you should try it too! It’s really absolutely scrummy delicious, even nicer than choccy digestives! You’ll never look back! The girls will love you!

* This could be a lie. You probably can’t get them in LA.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Perhaps I should have asked people to disclose their waist measurements with their answers

30″

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

chocolate rich tea’s are the daddy of all daddies when it comes to biscuits, they are in fact so daddyesque that if Jesus had been a biscuit he would have questioned the bible as to who his dad was.

Anyone for a caramel hob-nob?

Guilliano
    Free Member

Choccy digestives should only ever be dunked in coffee!!! But I can happily sit and eat half a packet of dark choc homewheat with a single cuppa…. may explain the love handles.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do they make plain choc rich tea?

Quite fancy giving them a try if so.

AndyP
    Free Member

Choccy digestives should only ever be dunked in coffee!!
    NOTHING should ever be dunked in coffee. You may as well add milk and sugar to your coffee if you don’t want it to taste of coffee…

mookiebaylock
    Free Member

best make two cups of tea…..one to be drunk by as many biscuits as you can manage…. another to drink yourself!

votchy
    Free Member

Dark chocolate = wrong
    Chocolate Rich Tea, what a **** waste of chocolate

I agree that a packet per pint of tea is a good starting point

36″ waist (waist size is kind of irrelevant, try asking for body fat percentage, BMI is also largely irrelevant)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

slowclimb – Member

3 always 3…..
    2 = not enough
    4 = gluttony

Three for me. 2 and I’m like “ooh, could have another”. Four is a bit much.

Harry_the_Spider

I find that the Ginger Nut is best for dunking in coffee. It has to be black coffee with no sugar though.

Nobody else likes Ginger Nuts at work so I wait for them to get within a week of the best before date and offer to dispose of them. It’s the type of helpful guy that I am.

After 15 (they are those little 3 packs) I start to halucinate.

34″ waist BTW.

flatback
    Free Member

i know someone who drops rich tea, flat level biscuit into a mug till its full (so say about 15)then tops it up with tea, and eats it with a spoon

miketually
    Free Member

Do they make plain choc rich tea?

I have found them before. I think you need to look at supermarket own brand to find them.

Harry_the_Spider

flatback – Member
    i know someone who drops rich tea, flat level biscuit into a mug till its full (so say about 15)then tops it up with tea, and eats it with a spoon

Wow. A God amongst biscuit eaters!

miketually
    Free Member

Was just thinking how grim that is. Then wondered where I could get rich tea in work 🙂

thepurist

Anyone tried the Twix straw? Take your favourite hot beverage (not too hot or you’ll scald yourself) and a Twix finger. Bite each end off the Twix then dunk one end in your mug and suck on the other. Then once you’re done drinking the biccy bit in the Twix has soaked up loads of tea/coffee and is a chocolate covered wonder.

stumpy01

Spira were good for that, thepurist, but I don’t think they do them now.

In answer to the original question; 3 without feeling guilty.
    But as many as possible if you’ve got some way to justify the calorie intake (cycled 10 mins to shops this morning).

chakaping
    Free Member

Feeling a bit bloated and woozy now, ruined my appetite for lunch.

Think I’ll stick to four in future.

32″ waist here btw, though probably up to 33″ atm.

molgrips
    Free Member

They do make plain chocolate rich tea, yes.

And it’s not a waste of chocolate. I mean seriously, I don’t care for normal rich tea much at all but the choccy ones are just great. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT buy them if you are concerned about your weight because you will be unable to resist wolfing the whole pack in an afternoon.

epicyclo

Haven’t you guys tried the Choc Caramel digestives? You’ll never go back, but no gluttony, no more than 10 at a go.

chomp
    Free Member

I struggle to make a packet last more than 3 cups. Mainly depends if anyone else is in the house.

If I’m alone, then I dunk until I feel sick\ashamed 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Haven’t you guys tried the Choc Caramel digestives?

Yes, I was very excited – but they were a bit of an anti-climax.

Not bad, just not the taste sensation I was hoping for.

molgrips
    Free Member

You may as well add milk and sugar to your coffee if you don’t want it to taste of coffee…

Argh, bloody coffee snobs!

I put milk and sugar in, because it tastes nice. It still tastes like coffee, but with milk and sugar. Which is nicer (imo) than black coffee. So what’s wrong with that?

Are you a flour snob too? Do you look down on people who have butter, sugar and eggs with their flour in the form of cakes? Do you put milk in tea?

Frigging weirdo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘How many chocloate digestives is appropriate for one cup of tea?’ is closed to new replies.