Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • How many cats – and names?
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Current Ferrets:

Buttons
    Mother
    EP (extended Persephone)
    Mikka
    Panzer
    Jacob aka Cobbles
    Anastasia
    Dark Star
    Keva aka Pockets
    Star Buck ( who lives up to her name, hates the world and picks fights with everything including our Staffs)

We have had but sadly gone;
    Teela, Canth, Third, Kahless long ferret, Romulus, Remus, Cassiopeia, Lex, Fayd, Trinity, Neo, Storm, Bronson, Mouldy, Fungus, Weena-wu, Persphone, Bomber, Husker, Hera, Conrad Black, Shiva, Vladimir, Leto, Mystique, Helva, Morticia, Wednesday, Thor (the worlds most po faced ferret), Jayne Cobb, Coop, Vinnie, Martok (probably missed a few rescues)

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Called my tuxedo look-alike Mcat

doordonot
    Free Member

Where do some of you store all your cats?!

Firstly acquired Pablo and Petal (aka knuckle-head when I refer to her), a mother-son duo from a foster home. Is it an unwritten rule that foster pet names can’t be changed? As of last week, Petal decided that purring at full volume at 4.30am was a fantastically good idea.

Then acquired Maceo from the SIL. Maceo thinks it’s enormously entertaining to screech like a demented parrot at feeding time. The other two stare at him quietly, slowly retracting their claws.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chipster

Joey, Archie and Guinness(aka Colin.

eulach

Rudee Wuzshel von Schnurr (don’t ask).

metalheart
    Free Member

Family cats:

Whisky – he was ginger, my dad named him
    Pauline (she was black, my sister named her)
    Koshka -he was found in the middle of a stream by a black lab. He was only weeks old and caught people attention due to his spitting at the dog. Managed to get run over. Twice. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    Fishface (yup, my choice, because she looked like a fish) but mainly called Fishy. Died of leukaemia or something related at a ripe old age. Was often spotted eating rabbits.
    Wes(sie) – the ex’s cat, didn’t grow much bigger than a kitten really. Named after Jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery. Another cancer/blood disease death, poor old thing.

Would love to get a cat, but probably not responsible enough. Plus I’d miss all the little garden birds.

neilthewheel

Just the one, Mungo. But with one this size who needs any more?

neilthewheel

Names

Pip
    Peg
    Nell
    Nancy
    Bob
    Betsy

What’s the connection with the names ?

What the Dickens?

wicki
    Free Member

Mungo omg is all i can say.

3 here two to many
    beboo
    keyou
    and tig er

dont blame me the missus is french and so are the cats, on strike all day and whingy feckers.

my old cat died this year after 18 years he new me better than the other half miss him to death. 😥

tekp2
    Free Member

Heston and Raymond.

Both girls.

Which was unexpected.

Especially as my wife chose them, and she’s a vet.

loddrik
    Free Member

Does she have gastronome leanings…?

1981miked
    Free Member

2 in our house, both rescue cats.

Marley is the older one and went banzai mental when we got Buddy a year past September. We couldn’t get near her as she was going for us. Very nearly had to rehome Buddy. But she calmed down and is back to being a highly strung princess.

She enjoys being around us and sleeps at my feet in winter, has been know to paw my face gently to wake me up or to let me know she wants to cosy in under my arm. Chases and eats moths, Sleeps on the spare bed or on top of sofa during the day. Knows where the tuna is, knows the sound of my car or the keys being jingled to indicate time to come in. Hates winter and hardly goes outside. Loves lying in the sun and hiding on top of the wardrobe out of harms way. Also likes a weekly investigation of the cupboards in the house. Took a liking to a wheel box about 2 years ago for sleeping in, it’s still under the stairs for both cats use.. Bit worse for wear now!

Buddy we got as a kitten, daft as a brush and scared of everything and everyone apart from us, nobody else gets near him. Marley hated him at first but generally puts up with him now. Sleeps in the 3rd bedroom on a reclining chair when he isn’t being a nuisance. Cute as a button, likes to wake us up at 6am everyday to get fed or to get out, if you don’t wake up he jumps on you until u do! He is a simple character who falls off the window sill daily, chases the leaves blowing in the wind and head butts doors open, every night he brings his soft toy called “ducky” down to the kitchen the goes back up to his chair.. I’m guessing “ducky” must annoy him.

They generally get on ok now, they chase each other round the house, Buddy likes to sneak up on Marley then pounce on her tail, she bites his tail when he is eating so it’s tit for tat. They look like butter wouldn’t melt when they are both asleep on the spare bed.

Marley is also knows as skins, snarley, snarles barclay, pongles (wife’s idea), fish face and toots.
    Buddy is also knows as buddles, stinky, idiot, moron, snuffalufagus (breaths through his nose) and sir.

Know together as “the little bastards”

I was never a cat person but they are great and good company for my wife when I’m away working.. I really need to get a life after realising how sad that all sounds when I read it back! Bloody cats!

myti
    Free Member

One…Grooverider. Gets called Groovy most of the time There was a Fabio but he went to another home as a kitten.

gilmore
    Free Member

The first one was Cat, because it was a cat. The second one was Fat Cat, because it was bigger than Cat. The third one was Orange Cat, because it was orange.That’s the thing about cats. They kind of name themselves.

Cougar

This would probably have, excuse me, furred better in the Chat forum so I’m moving it.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

1 = mittens

loddrik
    Free Member

Gets called Groovy most of the time There was a Fabio but he went to another home as a kitten.

Yes!!

I wanted to call two of my cats Brockie and Det but the kids were having none of it.

bearnecessities

I knew Scorpio quite well, but that is something that carries absolutely no cred whatsoever now.

Mungo is fantastic 🙂

footflaps

We have two Jeff and George

[url=https://flic.kr/p/AecJyi]Untitled[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

And a neighbour’s cat called Pickle often comes and visits..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Bb6Lrv]Pickel[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Five!but four that come home.
    Dave
    Jasper
    Clyde
    Taff’s
    And Cat! Or ****. She bogs off to the neighbours see her now and again.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

The snakes have more interesting names
    Esme
    Hydra
    Norm
    Sofia
    Paul
    Harry
    Athene
    Zeus
    Hercs

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Three
    Molly
    Georgie
    Dr Octopus

vickypea
    Free Member

We have a big fluffy black and white one called Wilikins or Puss Cat Will for short

neilthewheel

Footflaps – they all look like cheeky monkeys!

UncleFred
    Free Member

Mavis – was left in the house by the previous owners with a note to say her name was Lucky.

Hates closed doors and will scratch the door until it’s opened, will swipe your ankles when you walk past, will do it’s best to trip you up and constantly after extra food. I’m hoping it will take the hint soon and move.

The human race would be doomed if cats had thumbs.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Brother and sister that we rehomed for a friend.
    Jester, aka fat boy or big lad. He’s a black version of Mungo and almost as big.
    Sparky, aka sparkles. Average sized but looks tiny next to her brother.
    They do get on generally but have been known to pull hunks of fur out of each other.
    Jester has quite a lot of “aunties” who he visits which is great when we go on holiday because they are more than happy to feed them so no cattery required.
    Still a dog person at heart but they have won me over more than I thought possible.

Two Devon Rex – Timothy and Archie. They are house cats and shit in their tray, not anyones garden. House stinks of catshit/piss 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘How many cats – and names?’ is closed to new replies.