Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • how many boxes of wine in a V50 est
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

I’m doing a wine run on Friday (to France)and getting additional discount by pre-ordering, but am slightly concerned about ordering more boxes than will actually fit in the car! 😕

Therefore does anyone have any idea how many bottles fit in the back?

br
    Free Member

I’d be checking the weight first.

big_scot_nanny

Don’t do what I did and shove about 12 boxes into a roof box, not very well secured, brake hard on motorway and feel rear wheels of car almost leave the ground as all teh weight shifted abruptly to the front of said roofbox. Oops. 😳

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’d be checking the weight first.

I’m pretty confident the weight won’t be a problem…..

#crosses fingers# 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

Gross weight less kerb weight of a V50 is about 1,900Kg – 1,400Kg so assumign you’re not taking any passengers you can carry 500Kg – your own weight.

I think a bottle of wine weighs somewhere around 1.5Kg, so in theory your weight limit in your car is something like 280 bottles.

the boot capacity of 1,300 L and the volume of a typical 12 bottle case of wine is 26L so you would be limited by volume to 50 cases, or 600 bottles.

So over 25 cases you might be pushing it by weight.

surfer
    Free Member

As above weight will be a limiting factor.

To overcome this you need to drink as many bottles as you can 😀

On return from Brittany a few years ago I filled every space in the car with bottles, that along with the family, roof box, bike and luggage meant my car was a bit low on the way back!

Good job it was a company one!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner…you’ve told me what I wanted to know!

On return from Brittany a few years ago I filled every space in the car with bottles, that along with the family, roof box, bike and luggage meant my car was a bit low on the way back!

That reminds me of a trip back from Brittany and the car was loaded to the gunwhales with every vacant spot filled with wine. Even had the kids booster seats sitting on boxes of wine! 😳

Went round the now defunct bend at Hindhead heading North from Portsmouth and the car only just made it! Double oops! 😳 😳

footflaps

Out of curiosity where are you pre-ordering it all from – I am thinking about doing similar in the next couple of months for our wedding….

br
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner…you’ve told me what I wanted to know!

What about my thanks, I told you first but you didn’t believe me.

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmm…

My mate did a wine run in a Citroen Saxo, which broke down in London. I had to drive down to London, pick him and his Mrs and about 50 million bottles of wine up.

She was sitting in the passenger seat with her feet on cases of wine it was so full.

Multipla swallowed the lot with sleeping room in the back..

Stoner
    Free Member

What about my thanks, I told you first but you didn’t believe me.

If you dont show your workings, the highest grade you can get is only a C+ 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘how many boxes of wine in a V50 est’ is closed to new replies.