• This topic has 111 replies, 109 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • How many bikes do you have… …that are able to be ridden RIGHT now?!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Just realised (to my shame!) that out of 7(+!) bikes, I only have 2 that are fully functional and able to be ridden (and even they have a couple of niggles that need fixing/tweaking)… really should sort this out, I know… 😳

How’s it in your stable?

LoCo
    Free Member

4 out of 4

psychle
    Free Member

Ah, I see what you did there… 😆

kimbers

4 bikes all rideable- well actually my xc bike needs new fork seals and rear hub bearings but still rideable

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

7 here too, all ready to go, bar the BMX which has a slow flat, I think.

clubber
    Free Member

5 out of 5.

rewski
    Free Member

Down to three, just sold one. The wife has two any my son has three. All fit to ride.

Looking to buy another though 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Out of six, er 4-ish can be ridden.

mk1fan
    Free Member

2 out of 6.

Although one is stripped to be sold so that improves the percentages a bit :mrgreen:

loddrik
    Free Member

2 of 2, but I have a chest infection which is wiping me out even if I walk upstairs, so it’s irrelevant for me…

andytherocketeer

4 out of 4. Ideally, 2 might need tyres blowing up a bit.

Mister-P
    Free Member

5 out of 5 here too.

meehaja
    Free Member

5 out of 6, and the one that doesn’t work, kind of does, it just doesn’t stay in gear and downshifts on its own. It wants me to go faster/harder/stronger!

Allez Allez Allez!

I hate my french bike.

yunki
    Free Member

one out of one..

beautifully maintained at this present moment in time too..

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Came home in a rush last night, picked up my singlespeed to go out to watch a local fell race, pumped up the tyres, fixed on the lights, jumped on to realise I’d nicked the chain off it about a month ago for my new Alfine bike which is at the shop atm, bugger!

chakaping
    Free Member

Four out of four.

Downsizing the fleet has proved a wise move.

plumber
    Free Member

3 out of 4 currently

one has a slow puncture that just needs fixing

instanthit
    Free Member

4 out of 4.
    2 mtbs, 2 road.

MrBlond
    Free Member

5 out of 5, but all of them have niggles – could be time for n-1

johntheboy
    Free Member

8 out of 8 but one I won’t ride cause its the wifes shopping bike and has a wicker basket on the handle bars.

Oggles
    Free Member

two out of three

Onzadog
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by right now. 5 bikes between two of us. Does topping the tyres up count as right now? Does putting the wheels back in the frame count as right now? Does popping the chain back on with a quick link count as right now? Could be anywhere between 0 and 5 depending on answers to the above questions.

cinnamon_girl

3 out of 4.

pedalhead
    Free Member

erm, 1 out of 5 😳

ton

tourer, mtb, so 2.

flatfish
    Free Member

13 from the 15 available in the garage. 😯

psychle
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by right now.

Well, exactly that really, “right now” meaning you can just grab the bike and go… guess we could allow 5 minutes for topping up tyres etc?

DaveRambo

5/5 could be ridden but I’m not at home so they can’t.

Bugger.

pastcaring
    Free Member

1/1

honourablegeorge

Four our of four and a half.

Onzadog
    Free Member

In that case, 5 out of 5. Being at work it would take me longer to get to them than it would to put them together. or if I was riding with the wife, I could get changed and put them together quicker than she could get changed.

foxyrider
    Free Member

6 out of 6 – tip top 🙂

P20

8 out of 9, mine and Tasha’s. Though they could do with some minor fettling.

_tom_
    Free Member

Two and would just need a frame + finishing kit to have a third built up. Maybe it’s time to build up a rigid SS with those bits!

racefaceec90

2 out of 2 (well my mongoose fireball run around needs a lot doing to it/have not looked after it 😳 have just hosed my anthem x2 so waiting for it to dry (then cleaning/lubing/degreasing e.t.c) so theoretically it isn’t ridable at this moment in time/but it is if you see what i mean.i’ll shut up now 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

6 of 8, not bad:

commuter
    singler
    5 spot
    tandem
    hackmunter
    GF’s bike

XC race bike has tubeless auto-deflation after a winter in the garage, and my road race bike is in bits.

taxi25
    Free Member

5 out of 5 for me. Going out now, just can’t make my mind up what to ride. 😥

sssimon
    Free Member

1 from 4
    2nd could be ready in about 5 minutes
    3rd would take a few hours
    4th would take a drunken night on ebay and a big credit card bill

bazzer
    Free Member

4 out of 4 I finished building the Hustler on Saturday (had frame since October)

Would probably have to wash the mud off the downhill bike for that to work but, it is all in one piece 🙂

xiphon
    Free Member

3/3

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘How many bikes do you have… …that are able to be ridden RIGHT now?!’ is closed to new replies.