Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How many bikes can you fit in
  • tinribz
    Free Member

a transit van?

Thinking of hiring one for a C2C, someone suggested a long wheel base, I reckon a normal one will be fine. But what's the limit for people and bikes?

nodrog2
    Free Member

A mate can pretty easliy get 5 bikes, 5 lots of kit and 5 people in a transporter so i reckon a transit van will be similar.

timber

put bikes and kit for a dozen in the back of the hiace LWB I used to have for a trip to the alps – dh bikes, spares, lots of tyres, few tool boxes, body armour, kitbags etc – didn't need to sling anything on top of the bikes

it's always nice to have the extra space

GW
    Free Member

had 13 DH bikes and 5 people. 2 of which may have been travelling illegally :oops:(and certainly uncomfortably) in an old SWB transit

steveh

In a normal van your limit is generally 3 people. Bikes wise 8 without taking anything apart and 12-14 with pedals off and maybe a few other bits done.

bent_udder
    Free Member

As GW says. A looong time ago, back when we were riding in the Dragons course at Mountain Ash for Jason, I think the record was 16 bikes and riders in a LWB, albeit with one bloke perched on the roof. Happy days.

Three people + three bikes + spares (including forks, wheels etc) + kit for two weeks in the Alps filled half a SWB trannie.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How many bikes can you fit in’ is closed to new replies.