• This topic has 127 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • How many beers would you drive on?
  • catfood
    Free Member

I used to ride a motorbike and if I had just one pint I could always notice a massive difference, you dont notice it as much in a car as you dont have to balance etc but you are still just as impaired, so I never have anything if I have to drive.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Only the results of a blood test are admissible in court (not speaking from experience).

the roadside test is an indication. Some devices give pass/fail, some give a numerical result.

As sbob says, the station procedure is evidential breath, with blood or urine as “statutory options” if there is a medical reason they cant provide the breath, or the result is within a certain range of the limit.

There are to many variables to apply general rules, if I have 1 pint in the day I am on my arse but I can drink wine in the evening and feel no effect. I dont drive after either.

surfer
    Free Member

No problem shopping people.

Drink driver reported

kimbers

maybe 1, but its unlikely
    especially if ive got the kids with me!

its only beer after all

convert

maybe 1, but its unlikely
    especially if ive got the kids with me!

I’m kind of hoping this is because having the kids with you means you need your wits about you more to keep them in check whilst driving than you would if the car was empty – and not because your risk limts are different with your kids than around strangers (adults or kids). I’m being deliberatly facetious (you said only maybe 1 after all), but I’ve always found statements which seem to indicate protecting kith and kin differently to others slightly irksome. See also “child onboard” stickers.

hora
    Free Member

I reported a suspected drink driver last week. I didn’t shop or grass on him I reported him. I’d do the same if I saw a mate attempt to drive off and he refused to not drive.

Its not a case of you could lose your licence. Its a case of someone else may lose something. Even a couple of pints makes you feel more ‘daring’ (if your a bloke). Its not rocket science.

If anyone thinks ^ is high horse they need to have a long look at themselves.

milky1980
    Free Member

Got a friend who, despite being banned for two years for drink-driving a decade ago, still struggles to control his drinking when out with mates. If he has driven to the pub we always book him one of these:

Scooter Man

Probably saved his license multiple times over.

hora
    Free Member

Weird that. For years I was a big drinker and I’d wake up with ‘ooo what happened last night?!’

So I was worried that when I started driving I’d be like your mate milky. Thankfully it never happened!

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘How many beers would you drive on?’ is closed to new replies.