Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 695 total)
  • How Many Armies does the Queen have?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

what is the point in subsidizing a figurehead and it’s offspring

Don’t know, enlighten us with your wisdom.

nealglover
    Free Member

Jivey, how about, for the rest of this discussion, you stop acting like a politician and speaking entirely in questions, with no answers offered at all.

bobbym
    Free Member

Again,JHJ, what do you actually think or believe?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Fair enough…

from what I can make of this:

Under the uncodified British constitution, executive authority lies with the monarch, although this authority is exercised only by, or on the advice of, the Prime Minister and the Cabinet.[5] The Cabinet members advise the monarch as members of the Privy Council.

Any claims that the Queen is just a figurehead is bollocks, especially given the secrecy surrounding the Privy Council, not to mention this link mentioning the attempts by the government to keep the Queen’s involvement hidden.

With regards to the original questions:

a) Just how many armies and intelligence services does the Queen have authority over?

b) Does this mean that Tony Blair isn’t the only one to blame for the Iraq War?

a) The Queen certainly has authority over the Armies and intelligence services of not only the UK, but also the Commonwealth Realms:

The monarch is the head of state of each of the Commonwealth realms, charged with issuing executive orders, commanding the military forces, and creating and administering laws.[37] However, each country now operates under the Westminster system of parliamentary democracy and the concept of responsible government, meaning that the monarch exercises her powers only on the advice of her Crown ministers, who are usually drawn from, and thus responsible to, the elected chamber of the relevant parliament.

Just how many Armies and Intelligence/security services come under her authority in all, I’m not entirely sure~ I doubt every last one of the Commonwealth Realms and British Overseas Territories have their own Armies and intelligence services, but those that lack their own will probably have local coverage on the Queen’s behalf.

b) It certainly doesn’t seem that Tony Blair could’ve authorized war on Iraq without the Queen’s consent, especially in light of this:

The Queen also vetoed entirely a private member’s Bill, the Military Actions Against Iraq (Parliamentary Approval) Bill 1999, that would have transfered the power to authorise military strikes against Iraq from the monarch to Parliament

Whether that point will be acknowledged in the Chilcot report is yet to be seen, however it is worthy of note that John Chilcot is himself on the Privy Council.

bobbym
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It is worthy of note that you spout a load of drivel and don’t know when to stop.

Makes you think, doesn’t it?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

There’s always a lot of criticism floating about, but never much solid basis for that criticism…

As it stands, the constitution of the government has smoke and mirrors at every turn… so much is still shrouded in secrecy, from the Privy Council, to Charles’ Black Spider Memos to the Monarchy themselves

Do you have any firm answers on these matters?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Still no attempt to deal with the question of a psychological need to overlay what is essentially a chaotic universe with an artificial sense of order, like a religion.

Anyway – here’s the facts. It’s on Youtube so it must be true…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAu6QSMyj0[/video]

athgray
    Free Member

Just how many Armies and Intelligence/security services come under her authority in all, I’m not entirely sure

Make finding out your homework excercise for the evening.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

As it stands, the constitution of the government has smoke and mirrors at every turn

The government does not have a “constitution”.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Succinctly put:

Any claims that the Queen is just a figurehead is bollocks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s always a lot of criticism pointless tosh floating about, but never much solid basis loads of “BANNED! NO REALLY, IT’S BANNED” ‘cept you can see it on Yootoob here” videos and lots of faux-enigmatic, “I wonder what that might mean?” for that unsubstantiated tosh…

What do you think?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

*yawn*

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You don’t seem, despite strenuous efforts and many chimeric statements of non-fact trawled from the internet, to be convincing anybody at all, jhj.

Does this give you pause for thought?

How is it, do you suppose, that so many people are so unimpressed with what you present and seem to have accepted, as fact over such a long thread? Just one of many…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Well, I don’t want to bring anyone’s intelligence into question, but…

😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I see. So the problem is that everybody else is stupid but you are the intelligent and perceptive one, is that it?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hopefully, you’re aware of the risks inherent in having that train of thought. I mean, for you.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

LAZZARDS! SHAPE SHIFTING LIZZARDS!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes, thanks jaaaa…m. I think we’ve done that one.

jhj? Your superior intelligence?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

operates from 43 cities across 27 countries

The queen has no interest in such small operations
    She is a very busy woman what with the armies to run, the govts to instruct, the MPS to blackmail, the security services to tell what to do, the tax havens to secure, the privvy councillors to instruct in her evil ways. To do all that and still manage to squeeze in all all those taxpayer funded holidays
    Impressive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, if you need any further proof that you’re talking twaddle, JHJ, read this;

I agree with Junky.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

jhj, how long have you been awake since your last sleep?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Harsh but amusing

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

She is a very busy woman what with the armies to run, the govts to instruct, the MPS to blackmail, the security services to tell what to do, the tax havens to secure, the privvy councillors to instruct in her evil ways. To do all that and still manage to squeeze in all all those taxpayer funded holidays

All that and she’s 88 years old! It doesn’t seem plausible, unless, unless…..she’s a a shape-shifting extraterrestrial reptilian alien!!!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

jhj, do you ever feel that if you were to reveal your actual identity, you might be “disappeared” by malign, secret forces?

Perhaps you feel that you need to stay awake to prevent this happening?

Junkyard
    Free Member

We all fear the mods 😉

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Is Woppit on something?

He seems very agitated…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Do you ever feel threatened by unseen forces who are seeking you out because of secret knowledge that only you possess, or the like?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you understand what I’m getting at, but I need to go and get some shuteye myself right now.

I leave you with this link, with only the best of intentions, which you can consider or dismiss of course, if I am wide of the mark, as you wish.

http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/12/6/404

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Dude, chill out, there’s not nearly as much to worry about as the news would have you believe.

Sleep well and don’t let a discussion about some naughty people worry you, I’ve got it all under control

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    LAZZARDS!
    HQ in Bermuda? They must be in on it as well!

whoa dude, mind blown

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve got it all under control

I think you’ll find that’s the other way round. Dude.

McHamish
    Free Member

These threads are funny.

Do you know, I swore allegiance to the queen when I was in the cubs. I’m just glad she never ordered us to invade Argentina or something.

I had a Swiss Army knife, but the corkscrew was a little bent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I had a Swiss Army knife, but the corkscrew was a little bent.

Is that the queens fault? is it a way to destabilise the Swiss?

CountZero

jivehoneyjive – Member
    There’s always a lot of criticism floating about, but never much solid basis for that criticism…

nealglover
    Free Member

It is a hilarious quote that isn’t it 🙂

The detachment from reality seems to be complete.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

The detachment from reality seems to be complete.

That’s a very astute observation covering anyone under the belief that the monarch is devoid of authority…

nealglover
    Free Member

Top class debating tactic there. The equivalent of…

You must win arguments all the time *swoon*

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Oh no, I fear we may have a love triangle situation brewing between you, I and Junky neal…

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 695 total)

The topic ‘How Many Armies does the Queen have?’ is closed to new replies.