Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How low did it go
  • Pigface
    Free Member

-7 according to the igloo/car* I got into this morning and that is on the South Coast, well 12 miles from it.

Apart from you Scottisishs and professional Northerners who else felt the chill this morning

* French car may not be that accurate

trail_rat
    Free Member

My coolant in the car froze yesterday …… 50:50 anti freeze and water………. Assuming you bought concentrate and not ready mixed….dumb dumb,

First sign was temp gauge said cars warm- heaters freezing,,,,,, hmmmm thats not right ….stop Quick look under te car – water flying out the expansion tank.

Baws now has 50:50 concentrate in and is good to minus 36

The two bottles of minus 10 screen wash had frozen solid also ….

rocketman
    Free Member

Patches at -3 this morning but mostly -1

Stafford

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

-5.5 in Surrey

Nose hairs froze as soon as I opened the front door. Like being in the Alps but sadly could not ski to work!

stevied
    Free Member

-4° in Malvern this morning. Beautiful driving through the frozen lanes..Love days like this 🙂

SaxonRider

-3 in Cardiff, but I have to say it feels a damn sight colder!

pete68
    Free Member

-8 Newbury

growinglad
    Free Member

Outskirts of Zurich

-13.5 yesterday.

0.0 this morning.

Bonkers the difference in 24 hours….

jekkyl

nah weren’t too bad. Lets hope this is the last of it this winter, although I doubt it. BUT back up to double figures at the weekend forecast so get those cycling shorts back on.

SaxonRider

BUT back up to double figures at the weekend forecast so get those cycling shorts back on.

Except that the cold is juts being replaced by more rain. Because we wouldn’t want the ground to go a day without being completely saturated.

jam-bo

-3/-4 on dartmoor. not much gritting going on so pretty sketchy in places on the roads.

davidjey
    Free Member

Cold enough for an offroad commute on frozen mud 🙂 Hello grip and traction, haven’t seen either of you for months!

kimbers

back up to double figures at the weekend forecast so get those cycling shorts back on.

No no no!!! I want it to stay chilly and crunchy rather than mild and muddy

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

-19 monday morning
    -15 monday night
    -3 most of tuesday and 30 cm of fresh snow.
    -10 this morning, all the roads have been cleared already……

Apparently down to -12 at home and still getting colder. Forecast is approaching -20 for the weekend.
    Again.

Professional northerner.

woody2000

Barely freezing for me in HD6. Boo!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Car said -4.5 first thing in Cardiff, but it tends to under estimate in Winter and overestimate in Summer if it’s been stood all night – got up to a heady -3.5 when we got going. Up to -1.5 going over Caerphilly Mountain and back down to -3.5 in Taffs Well.

Going to be +10c on Saturday and DRY, and +13c on Sunday, but very wet according to my Met Office app!

SaxonRider

Going to be +10c on Saturday and DRY

Yes please!

MrOvershoot

A balmy +3 on the Wirral this morning.

But I can see Snowden is deep in snow from my office 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How low did it go’ is closed to new replies.