Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • how LOUD is your vacuum cleaner?
  • greatbeardedone
    Free Member

And what sub 80db vacuum will you replace it with when it breathes its last?

mjsmke

A Goat?

philjunior
    Free Member

Current one is quiet enough to watch telly and post to the right forum on STW, and I’m not sure, probably a similar one as this one is lasting a lot better than the last one from the same manufacturer (which was also very quiet) and was pretty cheap, and is bagless. It’s powerful enough to pull the carpet up, too.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

What?

beej

He’s not bad, but can be a bit annoying when he decides to start chasing me round the kitchen while I’m making lunch.

drofluf
    Free Member

I’ll ask the wife when she’s finished cleaning 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

I have an old Vax V800 (?) that I keep for nasty jobs, first sweep at car etc, if I’m using that for any period of time I pop ear plugs in.

andytherocketeer

One is loud and sucks (in the vacuum sense). That one’s a Dyson.

The other simply goes “oooooooooh”, but in the smallest font size, and sucks big time. That one’s a Philips branded fake Dyson.

Time for vacuums with hybrid mains+battery technology so they never draw more than 900W but you can get well over 1kW and more suck for a short period. Leave it plugged in like a Roomba.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I’ve got a Panasonic baglezz.
    I think that it’s 1600w, but I’d love to replace it with something that takes up less room like one of those cordless ones…but they’re either £££ or probably not up to much?

plyphon
    Free Member

Mines a Henry. Loud as **** but gets the job DONE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘how LOUD is your vacuum cleaner?’ is closed to new replies.