Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • How loud can a neighbour's party be by law?
  • martinhutch

He can’t hear you. He’s still got the earplugs in.

Either that or he’s in the cells and his chainsaw is in a ziptied plastic bag in the next room.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Jim Marshall died the other day RIP just think it was a tribute to the founder of guitar speakers.

hora
    Free Member

Didn’t they at least have the courtesy of forwarning you? For that reason you have every right to be miffed/complain. If a neighbour forewarned me I would feel that they have a level of respect for me at least.

What if the OP or his partner worked shifts?

What time did it end?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

Did you read the OP hora ? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’d like to take the ‘Blackberry defence’ ATP’s.

OP how do you know he owns 7 houses? Are you one of those nosey/whisper over the fence types? 😆

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Now this has been an interesting read!
    I am having a marquee and disco in my garden next weekend, as I am turning 40!
    All the neighbours that might hear it are 60+ and happy with whatever, and some are attending.
    My immediate neighbours will start to call the police at 9pm, as they do if we sit outside chatting in the summer! I will let them know a couple of days before…
    I was planning to quiet down around midnight, is this too late, going on the discussions here?

hora
    Free Member

11pm. Why would it be fair on neighbours if you went to midnight? (Serious question) on a moral level.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

See what you mean! I am a night owl so midnight doesn’t seem that late to me!
    11pm it is, then indoors for a quiet time!

Ta

cynic-al
    Free Member

The tension is worse than “is it a sticker or a crack”

hora
    Free Member

I’m one year behind you and I’d ‘worry’ about 60yr olds- don’t forget keep em happy and they’d be your eyes when you are out/on holiday!

Saying that there’s a STW’ers Dad who’d probably outparty me past midnight 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

ciderinsport, the consensus appears to be that a one off event is ok, regular noisy parties not so much, therefore we need to know if you hold a 40th birthday party every week or is this a one off?

hora
    Free Member

Our neighbours have Caribean night in Summer. Everyones always welcome but grumpy here is often in bed 8)

ciderinsport
    Free Member

we need to know if you hold a 40th birthday party every week or is this a one off?

A one off 😆 Might do a similar thing in 10 years though!

I wouldn’t even worry if it wasn’t for the people one side of me, the whole neighbourhood is friendly, except for them! None of the others would care unless it was every week! Oh and a fair number of them will be there anyhow!

lunge

As someone who has neighbours with 18 month old twins I would suggest you be careful before making any fuss. We have a gathering (not a party, just a few people round for a beer or 2 and a BBQ) once a year and try yo be quiet by midnight, the neighbour always offers a sly comment the next day despite being warned. Said neighbours children wakes us modt weekends at about 6am. The weekends they don’t wake us up the parents do by arguing about who will get up with the kids.

Once or twice a year is fine in my eyes, no problem at all

nealglover
    Free Member

When I had a neighbour (just one miserable couple who were not attending despite being invited) who might be kept awake by my 30th birthday party, I offered to pay for them to stay in a nice hotel in town for the night, and pay for dinner.

They declined my offer, but struggled to moan about the noise after that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well??

Is the party still going or what???

tut.

rkk01
    Free Member

Noise, nuisance & Statutory Nuisance…….

A perrenial arseache 🙁

Some neighbours regard any noise that they perceive as being a “nuisance”, as also being a Statutoy Nuisance under Law. It is not, it is merely a charter for grumpy neighbours.

Can anyone reference the Statutory Guidance & respective noise threshold levels, duration, frequency and acceptable / unacceptable times of day????

faz083
    Free Member

It’s ONE night…. sorry but just deal with it? Let them have a good time. If it starts happening weekly then phone plod, but one night? Seriously. It hasn’t even happened yet and you want to complain?

nealglover
    Free Member

It has.

It was last night :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Neal is there a waiting list to move next to you? 8)

nealglover
    Free Member

Hora, you would need to buy the land and build your own house, but you are more than welcome.

(can you feed and walk the dog for a week while we are in Meribel please – last week of July)

nealglover
    Free Member

spacemonkey

Bloody hell. Didn’t think this would generate that much debate!

Couldn’t reply yesterday due to looking after little monkey until bedtime then had a mate over for dinner.

Party kicked off at 6pm but it seems the music was kept low and reserved for the marque furthest away – so we hardly heard a thing 🙂 The only disturbance was at 10:30 when they fired off about 10 mins of mega fireworks accompanied by music at the same volume they sound tested earlier. Looked and sounded like Kabul yet little monkey somehow slept right through. No idea how. Party then carried on as before and all was well.

Turns out it was the son’s 21st. They’re absolutely minted (it’s a £25m rebuild – one of several homes) and no expense was spared. They even laid on a shuttle bus for those parking in the field so they didn’t have to walk 100yds to the house!

All in all, happy days all round. And cheers for the replies everyone.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘How loud can a neighbour's party be by law?’ is closed to new replies.