Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How longdoes it take to change a….
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Lightbulb ?
    25 mins earlier tonight.. a simple little front sidelight bulb on my Honda Civic (2004).
    Rant…

Surely to god.. the designers are masochistic ?

uplink
    Free Member

I had a peugeot that was pretty much impossible to do without removing a load of other things.

spooky_b329

Think yourself lucky you didn't have to drop the front bumper off or other such nonsense that some cars make you do 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

got to remove my battery in my 2008 civic type r to get at the nearside bulbs !

lunge

You have to go in through the wheel arch if you want to change the side lights in a Renault Megane, bloody nightmare. Serves me right for buying French in the first place i suppose…

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Remove battery..Got that joy when the other side goes…

I know cars have lots to be bundled beneath the bonnets now, but the size of the headlight on my civic .. the s/l could virtually go anywhere to be more accessible, but hey, right up against a bulkhead surrounded by washer bottle neck and hard piping is bloody ridiculous… loads of fresh air away from the bulkhead.. I think the same bloke designed the sun visors as well.. 6" gap between the drivers and passengers.. bloody useless… rant rant rant….

aracer
    Free Member

I reckon it should be illegal to make cars where you can't change any bulb in under 5 minutes without the need for tools. After all it's illegal not to carry spare bulbs in lots of countries, but what's the point if you can't change them? Not like it's hard to manage – can change the bulbs on my 406 in a couple of minutes (all easy access with plenty of space).

Tracker1972
    Free Member

A Smart for2 was interesting, no actual bonnet. Challenging but just possible.

spooky_b329

Sorry everyone but my Mondeo is easy…don't even need a screwdriver 🙂 Just pull out two metal pins and the whole light pretty much falls out the front of the car. Unplug the loom and you can take it inside and sit on the sofa while you change the bulb 8)

StuF

A VW sharan isn't much fun, either remove battery on one side or grazed knuckles on the other

aracer
    Free Member

Mondeo sounds like more faff than mine – unplug the connector, release a spring clip, remove bulb, reverse. No removing the light unit etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How longdoes it take to change a….’ is closed to new replies.