Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How long would you wait?
  • ton

for a company to replace a broken frame.
    might add, it is not a off the peg run of the mill frame.
    2 weeks in and the bike shop i bought off say’s he has not heard from the manufacturer.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’d be kicking some arse after 2 weeks, big time.

sputnik
    Free Member

Ton, I think if a month has passed without any result I would start to get a bit forked off. After 2 weeks they should at least start communicating.

thomthumb
    Free Member

2 weeks in and the bike shop i bought off say’s he has not heard from the manufacturer.

i would have expected at the very least a communication stating it had been recieved and what will happen next. eg. we will look at in a week, or we will get back to you by X

ton

shop say’s he has emailed loads of photo’s to the company in germany, and has not heard back from them.
    think i might email them myself with the photo’s too.

wwaswas

phone them.

they’ll probably speak English and you can get a quicker response.

jota180
    Free Member

I would be calmly reminding the shop that the manufacturers delay is more their issue than it is yours

binners

I’m stockpiling arms like David Koresh after 12 hours. They’ll pay for their lack of belief in me!!! AS WILL YOU ALL!!! MUHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Sorry… what was the question again?

wwaswas

bit left field, even for binners 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

that is longer than I would wait before threatening fist pie
    Should have at least been a reply and some indication of what they want to do at this point

Northwind

I might wait a while but I’d expect communications at least- “It’ll take 2 weeks” is fine but 2 weeks of silence isn’t.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

German customer service is ‘interesting’ to say the least….

…..they will see a two week wait as mandatory…..

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Canyon or YT industries?

or someone else?

patriotpro
    Free Member

he has not heard from the manufacturer.

That says to me they haven’t even chased the manufacturer -Unacceptable imo.

I’d ask them for firm timescales and chase them up when they are not met – follow up all correspondence in writing.

alpin
    Free Member

german customer service is non-existant. i’m often left wondering why companies have a department called “Kunden Service”.

phone them up and tell them that they will recieve bad press over their ineptitude.

druidh
    Free Member

A gentle reminder to the shop of your consumer rights might be in order. Your contract is with them, not the manufacturer.

ton

just sent a nice long email to their customer services department.
    we will await the outcome.

dont know if it is the dealer not doing his bit, but the service from both these parties is truly truly shocking.

MSP

German customer service can be staggeringly bad, it is the one thing that is noticibly worse here than in the UK.

alpin
    Free Member

MSP… whereabouts are you?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How long would you wait?’ is closed to new replies.