• This topic has 49 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • How long would you expect SPD shoes to last? (Specialized BG Sports)
  • binners

Have you ever bought anything and NOT subsequently tried to make a warranty claim?

Do staff in bike shops physically recoil in horror when they see you walk in? In preparation for the moan-fest thats about to ensue?

hora
    Free Member

Oh aye numerous times. All replaced no quibble. This is the first time someones offered a two year warranty on things that fit on your feet for a dirty/gritty/rocky sport and not honoured…..

binners

Perhaps its just your toxic feet. I’ve had a set of Spesh BG shoes for couple of years, and they’re still going strong. I’ve given up on the gloves though. Despite really liking the fit, they fall apart remarkably easy.

Is this why you went for the club-foot Shimano’s then? 😉

MarkN
    Free Member

I bought some Spesh BG shoes a few years ago and I am not impressed with them. The red sole started to come adrift after about 18 months. I used a winter boot through the wet stuff so it was not a full 18 months of use. After some failed repairs I cut it away altogether. Both shoes went in the same way.

The winter boot is the Spesh Defroster and this is holding up well so far and seems to be money well spent. I will not get any more Spesh BG shoes though.

hora
    Free Member

Merlin Cycles for me from now on. Evans Cycles hasn’t covered themselves in glory.

timc
    Free Member

Curent specialized shoes must be 3-4 years, quite tatty now, but working fine!

hora
    Free Member

Then I’d suggest you had the pre-design subtle changes that I personally feel also had quality changes. My first set were only binned as I was feeling flush at the time.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

i’ve just replaced a pair i’ve had since 2003, doubt the replacements will last that long though.

hora
    Free Member

Noted the subtle differences?

Kit
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of 2007 Sport MTB shoes, which I’ve basically worn every day for the past 5 years. The material in the heels wore through, so the heel padding is gone (probably due to walking in them), and the plastic finishing on the straps is gone around the hinges. I think there’s a tear in the ‘leather’ on one of the toes, plus I had to replace one of the cleat plates. But otherwise they still attach to my feet and I can still ride with them, so I’ll just use them ’til they completely disintegrate!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘How long would you expect SPD shoes to last? (Specialized BG Sports)’ is closed to new replies.